Author Topic: The Taurine laboratory  (Read 119973 times)

b_jim

Re: The Taurine laboratory
« Reply #240 on: October 05, 2019, 07:16:49 AM »
Potassium alert : 5.7. Above 6 it will be a big problem :/
I suspect abusing supplements is bad for kdneys. Maybe taurine itself raises K :/
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #241 on: October 05, 2019, 08:37:12 AM »
This Red Bull (previous page) is “sugar free”. Caffeine? Not sure.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

dizzy

« Reply #242 on: October 05, 2019, 11:54:31 AM »
This Red Bull (previous page) is “sugar free”. Caffeine? Not sure.

These kinds of energy drinks typically contain caffeine as the stimulant, and they use taurine to counter the negative effects of the stimulant (e.g. jittery feeling).

This specific drink (Red Bull Sugarfree) has indeed caffeine and taurine listed as its ingredients, source here:

https://energydrink-ca.redbull.com/en/red-bull-sugarfree-ingredients
Male, INTJ. POIS symptoms: red eyes, ear-pain, anxiety, speech problems, pale/ugly skin, stiff neck, double chin, tinnitus, light sensitivity. POIS even after stimulation without O.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #243 on: October 05, 2019, 12:36:30 PM »
Thank you, dizzy!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

dizzy

« Reply #244 on: October 05, 2019, 01:45:10 PM »
Ok! I'm personally not a big fan of anything that contains caffeine, btw. Makes my anxiety and earpain worse.
Male, INTJ. POIS symptoms: red eyes, ear-pain, anxiety, speech problems, pale/ugly skin, stiff neck, double chin, tinnitus, light sensitivity. POIS even after stimulation without O.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #245 on: October 06, 2019, 09:25:39 AM »
I’m a caffeine and sugar addict, and no, it doesn’t make me healthier :)

dizzy

« Reply #246 on: October 06, 2019, 04:48:26 PM »
I used to be a coffee addict, and I still have cravings from time to time. But my reaction to caffeine is so bad that I better not touch it.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #247 on: October 06, 2019, 05:58:28 PM »
dizzy, I wish I had your wisdom! :)

John21

« Reply #248 on: December 15, 2019, 05:38:44 PM »
Hi all, hope everyone is well these days! I just discovered that Taurine is has a definite anti-POIS effect in me. I find this amazing and it also has an anti-PE effect. Wow what a revelation!  I take it that BJim was the one who discovered this? Am I correct? How was it discovered? There must have been a theory to try it, or perhaps it was just stumbled upon. Too bad it doesn't help everyone. Hopefully they have tried a large enough dose. I used 1000mg and waited a couple of hours.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #249 on: December 15, 2019, 06:38:10 PM »
Hi, John!

Are you the same John21 - - the very-first-ever (2007) NSF/TNS (POISCenter precursor)
POIS-on-the-Web Poster???

If you are, welcome back!!

Best
Demo
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 01:24:55 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #250 on: December 15, 2019, 06:48:23 PM »
I take it that b_jim  was the one who discovered this? Am I correct?
Yes he did.

b_jim
        & you
                 & I
                      started this crazy ride way back in 2007!

Check it out, John,
You’re mentioned prominently!
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2892.msg26812#msg26812
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 09:10:00 AM by demografx »

b_jim

« Reply #251 on: December 16, 2019, 10:12:31 AM »
Happy to see you my friends !
Im' very very happy if taurine works for you. Because you are the pioneer ofthe Pois adventure.

I'm not the inventor of the taurine therapy. I read it somewhere but I can't remember ! 
I just popularized it because I have a BIG MOUTH  ;D

I just try for myself in 2014. It worked and changed my life. I even create my business because my energy was much better.

Now I have  VERY IMPORTANT NEWS :

I have Lyme disease 99% sure. Taurine works for me. If taurine works for you there is a small small probability you might have Lyme too. I don't know I'm not a doctor.

If the taurine works well and you don't have symptoms out of Pois like me you must not have Lyme.

I hope it and I wish you the best.

edit : happy to read Taurine helps your PE ! ! !  8)
Me too but I tought I was crazy ! ! !  ;D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 10:54:46 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #252 on: December 16, 2019, 12:37:41 PM »

I'm not the inventor of the taurine therapy. I read it somewhere but I can't remember ! 

Yes, but you, b_jim, brought this taurine therapy “invention” to the POIS community!

THANK YOU!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 12:58:10 PM by demografx »

certainlypois2

« Reply #253 on: December 17, 2019, 03:25:50 PM »
Happy to see you my friends !
Im' very very happy if taurine works for you. Because you are the pioneer ofthe Pois adventure.

I just try for myself in 2014. It worked and changed my life. I even create my business because my energy was much better.

Now I have  VERY IMPORTANT NEWS :

I have Lyme disease 99% sure. Taurine works for me. If taurine works for you there is a small small probability you might have Lyme too. I don't know I'm not a doctor.

If the taurine works well and you don't have symptoms out of Pois like me you must not have Lyme.

I hope it and I wish you the best.

edit : happy to read Taurine helps your PE ! ! !  8)
Me too but I tought I was crazy ! ! !  ;D

I thought u tried taurine it because u noticed salmon was helping you. Since omega 3 dont help, u thought it had to be taurine in the fish

John21

« Reply #254 on: December 17, 2019, 05:56:39 PM »
Demo, yes it is me. So nice to know you are still fighting the good fight! Good to meet you and BJim again here, hope y'all are well! Demo I take it that testosterone has kept you out of trouble all this time? And BJim, I am so grateful for this gift of taurine, wow this could be a life changer for me too! And it even works with PE! If only I had known that so many years ago my life would have had a different path. Better late than never though.  Bjim that is interesting about a lyme diagnosis. What other symptoms did you have outside of POIS that led you to lyme testing? Have you taken antibiotic treatment?  I guess it is possible that I was bit when I was young.

I dropped out of the forums for quite a while. I found it too much to deal with, the constant analysis of theories, trying this supplement and that supplement, etc and getting stressed from it. I decided to accept a chaste single life and try to leave the weight of POIS behind me.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 06:11:12 PM by John21 »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #255 on: December 17, 2019, 06:08:47 PM »
Demo, yes it is me. So nice to know you are still fighting the good fight! Good to meet you and BJim again here, hope y'all are well! Demo I take it that testosterone has kept you out of trouble all this time? And BJim, I am so grateful for this gift of taurine, wow this could be a life changer for me too! And it even works with PE! If only I had known that so many years ago my life would have had a different path. Better late than never though.  Bjim that is interesting about a lyme diagnosis. What other symptoms did you have outside of POIS that led you to lyme testing? Have you taken antibiotic treatment?  I guess it is possible that I was bit when I was young.

I dropped out of the forums for quite a while. I found it too much to deal with, the constant analysis of theories, trying this supplement and that supplement, etc and getting stressed from it. I decided to accept a chaste single life and try to leave the weight of POIS behind me.

Hi again, John21!

TRT has been very helpful, for the last 10 years, but not the silver bullet I hoped for. My symptoms are now far less devastating, and recovery time has been cut in half. Otherwise, at POIS peak, I can still be pretty much “out of it”.

I am totally with you about forum+theory-exhaustion: I’ve tried to keep a balance in order to not give up on my 2007 passion!

I hope you follow our exciting new POIS research study:
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3006.0

Great to see you back, John21, you’re a legend!

Best,
Demo

ps - remember Animus? He’s back also, and he’s been
100% POIS-free for the last 10 years with his radical “male hysterectomy”. You can search the forum for the update.

Also, the forum started-but-not-completed research on POIS vs vagal dystonia. Some members are continuing to experiment with vagus nerve stimulation devices:
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2969.0
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 04:08:49 PM by demografx »

Animus

« Reply #256 on: December 17, 2019, 07:06:55 PM »
Hello Demo, thank you for the updates.  It's great to hear from John21 again : ) best wishes.
I'm very busy lately with my business, things are going well, and yes, still am POIS-free
since my surgeries. thank god it worked for me.
best regards to all. Happy Holidays, thank you for keeping up the good fight!
Animus

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #257 on: December 17, 2019, 07:11:38 PM »
THANKS, ANIMUS!

Disaster

« Reply #258 on: December 17, 2019, 07:54:13 PM »
What did he mean by PE?
POIS sufferer for over 3 decades. Has progressively gotten worse over the years and I became completely disabled around 2011. My case of POIS is very severe.

certainlypois2

« Reply #259 on: December 17, 2019, 10:49:08 PM »
What did he mean by PE?
premature ejaculation