Author Topic: Desensitization Doctors  (Read 4321 times)

pois1

• Lab1
Desensitization Doctors
« on: July 26, 2014, 02:13:22 PM »
Does anyone know of any doctors in the U.S. performing desensitization therapy for POIS?  I've had trouble in the past finding anyone willing to do this.  I could try asking Dr. Bewtra again at Creighton University.

Andy451

• Connect & Fight :)
Re: Desensitization Doctors
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 06:37:30 PM »
Yes. I have tried it with Dr. Michael A Werner. Dr. Resnick also does it. I have seen both. Both are located in NY. I wold not recommend the treatment. It exacerbated my symptoms. Yet you are welcome to test it for yourself to see if it may wk. I tell u about it more. Just msg me..
37 yo M- POIS for 25yrs (since age 12). Chronic POIS- always there

Tried desensitization for 1.5yrs & was unsuccessful (POIS worse at 1/1000)

Exercising- (running/weights/situps) Low sugar diet. Supplements- limited success.Meds- Oxcarbazepine/Buspar (past-Depakote10yrs)

Defsync

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 09:23:43 PM »
Desensitization can be achieved through various chemicals. drugs, if you will.

For me, for example, an energy drink called Monster Java does the trick and lasts for a good 10 hours. This desensitization, however is for "sleeping so you dont get unwanted NEs".

If you are looking for desensitization so you can have sex without O'ing, there are a few options.

higher doses of Tramadol (if its legally prescribed of course) but the side effects (specifically how it affects your mood) dont make this a fun option

DXM, or Dextromethorphan, is a common cold medicine ingredient. It is the "high" that teenagers seek when "dosing" cold medicine. However, in moderate doses (too low to get "really high" and trip, but more than the label suggests) it can desensitize you IMMENSELY. HOWEVER, seperating DXM from the other nasty ingredients is not easy, when considering 99% of the cough syrups out there. However, there is ONE cough syrup that contains only DXM (Delsym) but it is in a slow-release form, therefore making it somewhat tricky to find the right dose without going overboard. Overboard wont hurt you, but Im not a fan of being "high" off DXM. The nice thing is tho the next day, you will STILL feel somewhat desensitized. Delsym can also be bought over the counter.

Nightingale

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 09:31:00 PM »
Yes. I have tried it with Dr. Michael A Werner. Dr. Resnick also does it. I have seen both. Both are located in NY. I wold not recommend the treatment. It exacerbated my symptoms. Yet you are welcome to test it for yourself to see if it may wk. I tell u about it more. Just msg me..

It makes me frustrated to hear that. I imagine that you feel some anger about this, a treatment that was supposed to help but ends up making things worse... I tried very hard to find docs who would do this for me, all declined. I could have been worse off, too...
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

pois1

• Lab1
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 10:15:17 PM »
I have started desensitization therapy with Dr. David Resnick in upstate New York!  Luckily he let me take the allergy bottles with me so I can actually get the shots back home.  I found that once I have the allergy bottles with me, it's easier to get get other allergists to agree to give those shots.  That's including my regular allergist who didn't feel comfortable doing the desensitization initially.  Or you can always go to urgent care centers.  Many of those will do allergy shots if you bring your bottles.    I still have to go up to NY every 2.5 months to get the new set of vials.

Sorry to hear that the desensitization didn't work for you. I heard from another forum member who's had excellent results after 2 years of desensitization therapy and the results were positive for the Waldinger patients, but not everyone is the same.

I hadn't heard about DMX.  I have to try that out.  I've had good luck with taking Niacin, real Niacin not the flush-free kind, and having an O shortly after the flush.  For controlling symptoms after an O, I immediately take a Claritin reditab, and lay down for 20 or 30 minutes.  Then if I'll have some coconut water if I have it, and take it easy over the next two days.  An aspirin seems to help some.  I do not take Niacin afterwards.

Ccconfucius

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 12:05:08 PM »
I have started desensitization therapy with Dr. David Resnick in upstate New York!  Luckily he let me take the allergy bottles with me so I can actually get the shots back home.  I found that once I have the allergy bottles with me, it's easier to get get other allergists to agree to give those shots.  That's including my regular allergist who didn't feel comfortable doing the desensitization initially.  Or you can always go to urgent care centers.  Many of those will do allergy shots if you bring your bottles.    I still have to go up to NY every 2.5 months to get the new set of vials.

Sorry to hear that the desensitization didn't work for you. I heard from another forum member who's had excellent results after 2 years of desensitization therapy and the results were positive for the Waldinger patients, but not everyone is the same.

I hadn't heard about DMX.  I have to try that out.  I've had good luck with taking Niacin, real Niacin not the flush-free kind, and having an O shortly after the flush.  For controlling symptoms after an O, I immediately take a Claritin reditab, and lay down for 20 or 30 minutes.  Then if I'll have some coconut water if I have it, and take it easy over the next two days.  An aspirin seems to help some.  I do not take Niacin afterwards.

Thanks for that info about urgent care giving allergy shots, i am thinking of moving to different state and not really interested in starting another search for immunologist willing to do my shots. This way about every 6 months to a year i can come back to home state to refill instead of every month to get shots.

Andy451

• Connect & Fight :)
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 10:30:44 PM »

Thanks for that info about urgent care giving allergy shots, i am thinking of moving to different state and not really interested in starting another search for immunologist willing to do my shots. This way about every 6 months to a year i can come back to home state to refill instead of every month to get shots.

I have seen Dr. Resnick. He is a nice guy. Gl with the shots, but be careful. I have had them done and they didn't pan out but gave me piece of mind. I can give you full details about it. I would consider doing it again, but only if more research supports that hypothesis.
37 yo M- POIS for 25yrs (since age 12). Chronic POIS- always there

Tried desensitization for 1.5yrs & was unsuccessful (POIS worse at 1/1000)

Exercising- (running/weights/situps) Low sugar diet. Supplements- limited success.Meds- Oxcarbazepine/Buspar (past-Depakote10yrs)