Author Topic: Anyone having OCD like symptoms from avoiding any sexual thoughts or activity?  (Read 4218 times)

mentaldetective

So I have been avoiding orgasm, any sexual desire or even sexual thoughts for almost two months. If I'm watching movie, looking at posts on Facebook, or even out in public I will close my eyes to avoid seeing any cleavage, any female body parts or anything that can turn me on. I have barely had any POIS symptoms and I have had a lot more energy which is good, but I feel so deprived and my OCD is now out of control, I'm constantly obsessing with ruminating thoughts about avoiding sex. The only thing that seems to help is when I'm pigging out on carbohydrates which will eventually open up a whole new series of health issues. I don't want to take SSRI's, they give me horrible nightmares and don't even work. I'm going to be talking to my Psych doctor soon, don't know if it will help, but not sure how much longer I can live my life like this. I just started getting the Niacin flush, so hopefully it will help. I was wondering if anyone else was having serious OCD issues when avoiding all sexual stimuli or contact?

FloppyBanana

I don't have OCD. I don't eat wheat now (because is makes me very sick). What I noticed is that it was distorting my thinking considerably. Wheat has hardly any nutritional value. I personally do not believe all the marketing hype now about "healthy whole grains". It's rubbish in my view. The world health organisation had an ultruistic goal of eliminating poverty back in the 1950's. This was to be done by providing grain to the worlds population. As part of this wheat was hybrid to maximise t yields. This was 40 years before they though they thought "is messing with all these plants got any potential bad effects?...".  Surprise surprise... gluten and wheat intolerance is on the rise. What constitutes a healthy diet is debatable. But I were you I would be careful about too many carbs and also sugar. When I stopped eating wheat my sweet tooth went away and food started to taste different. Vegetables actually taste great now!
FB
30 years of POIS. Mytelase after O with Iceman breathing technique.

Chris

Mentaldetective, why do you avoid so much and in such a great extent sexual thoughts and sexual situations ?
Is it because you don't want them to push you to masturbation or because the actual thoughts and sexual stimulation may cause you POIS symptoms ?

As for your question, i do sometimes feel like i am having OCD symptoms for sexual stuff and that's because i am afraid that POIS may emerge or get worse..

Prancer

I experience OCD symptoms. They happen while avoiding, but they increase after orgasm. Thinking back, OCD symptoms started showing up first, in the year/months before I developed POIS.

Andy451

• Connect & Fight :)
mentaldetective,

I can identify with exactly what you are feeling. It is is normal to yearn for sex when you avoid it, but POIS does tend to complicate these thoughts in a very difficult way to deal with. For me it is a constant battle to even avoid serialized though because even arousal can induce symptoms being that my inflammation has escalated to the extent it is at now.

So yes, for POIS I think what your experiencing, as torturous as it is is actually normal for many of the guys to varying degrees, depending on things like severity, maturity and positive experiences related to sex before POIS or lack there of...

As for the OCD, I have it with most things as POIS has gone on now for about 15yrs in my life. It's one of the major things I am focusing on right now to help w/ healthy thought and direction of those thoughts like (ocd about food and exercise instead of sex).

I would stay away from all the carbs to that extent if you could because over the yrs I did the same thing and developed gluten-sensitivity from literally eating huge amounts of bread and pasta. Right now I am on a gluten free/high niacin diet and it seems to help at least some.

Hang in there man! We are here for you.

37 yo M- POIS for 25yrs (since age 12). Chronic POIS- always there

Tried desensitization for 1.5yrs & was unsuccessful (POIS worse at 1/1000)

Exercising- (running/weights/situps) Low sugar diet. Supplements- limited success.Meds- Oxcarbazepine/Buspar (past-Depakote10yrs)

Defsync

I keep my mind explicitly clear of sexual thoughts and desires, as well as avoid imagery (i skip past the sexy scenes in Game of Thrones for example) at all costs. I do this to ensure no unwanted NE's.

As for OCD, I havent experienced it as a result.

Prancer

... (i skip past the sexy scenes in Game of Thrones for example)...

No wonder my POIS has been flaring up! j/k lol

It's a good point about avoiding sexy/hotness; I'm still on the fence about whether just stimulation can cause symptoms for me, but lately I'm beginning to think that it can (just not as severe as an orgasm, but still bad, and maybe even worsens OCD).

kostas52

Guys, there is hope I can say things are better 90%
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 08:16:49 AM »
I suffered from POIS with all the symptoms that you can find in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postorgasmic_illness_syndrome at least 10 years.
It got worst the first years and then it was the same difficult situation, having to wait 4 days to feel better, not this thing like an "explosion" in the body after the ejaculation. I remember 2012 I ve discoverd this forum and I was with a girl then, and after ejaculation I was dead...what to explain and who could take me seriously because it is rare and people think that we are exagerating and that everyone feels a bit tired after ejaculation. Doctors have no idea.

But believe me last two weeks symptoms disapeared. One Day 10 days ago I ejaculated on purpose 4 times. (I am 38 years)
I believe the therapy came from Classical Homeopathy, the homeopathic doctor found my "charachter" (Lycopodium for me, but for each one is different) and by the fact that I dont drink coffee, that it has been a long time since I used antiinflamator drugs, the time has come (after 10 years of homeopathy, changed several doctors) with the last doctor we came to a solution.

One more thing that I have done last month, started Ayurvedic medicine (taking one pill and one spoon of a powder in the night)
I took off amalgam fillings from a tooth too.

That's alll, Keep taking multivatamin, saw palmeto, and a good nutrition, no sugar, no bread, no pasta...
I stoped also a but habit of trying to stop ejaculation when it came out, now when it come out I try to empty. (It is not good to try to stop ejaculation when it happens)

Miracle but true,
I am looking forward to keep alll good tratments.