Poll

Does your father or brother suffer from POIS (if you have discussed it with them)

Father
0 (0%)
Brother
1 (2.2%)
None
22 (48.9%)
Don't Know
22 (48.9%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Male Siblings  (Read 13054 times)

sleepy

Male Siblings
« on: April 21, 2014, 05:20:18 PM »
I have been curious, but never tried asking my family about this issue.

I wonder if anyone else has been brave to talk to their family about it, and know if there is a genetic link?

sleepy

Re: Male Siblings
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 03:02:43 PM »
Hello,

I want to keep this poll alive if possible :)

Not a lot of responses yet

Outsider

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 05:42:16 PM »
Hello,

I want to keep this poll alive if possible :)

Not a lot of responses yet

Hi sleepy,

i don't think so, there s some case in my familly
even without talk, i would have been able to recognize with experience, pois 's symptoms
and kind of llife follows

I m pretty sure of that, and it s perhaps better
i never wish to someone to get this illness
especially lucky guy like me who has cognitifs, psycho, and tough physicals symp'
or maybe for my dear french doctors ... like that they ll learn something in their miserable life .....( of course, i m joking .....)
36 years old, very strong physical symptoms past my 33 years,
symp psycho, neuro and physical

Outsider

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 05:50:33 PM »
Just something
my parents are from the same big familly
and is usual to marry in the same famlilly
i mean between cousins,
iis there a possible link with the mixing blood ?
36 years old, very strong physical symptoms past my 33 years,
symp psycho, neuro and physical

Scary sheep

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 08:25:28 AM »
I have 2 brothers and a father who are always able to be upbeat, energetic and generally complaint free. Contrasting with me, pessimistic, sluggish and irritable, I have concluded that they are POIS free.
Its so strange. The nature of the disease would make me almost sure it has some genetic link.
Symptoms last 6-7 days. Onset of muscle weakness after 30 seconds. Symptoms include: brain fog, fatigue, depression, pale skin/dark circles under eyes,  digestive problems, difficulty taking a full breath, irritability. NONE of these are present out of POIS.

Labyrinth

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 01:38:31 PM »
Just something
my parents are from the same big familly
and is usual to marry in the same famlilly
i mean between cousins,
iis there a possible link with the mixing blood ?

hello outsider . u have raised an imp point that mixing blood of relatives could give rise to such condition . yes it may be Aoutosomal recessive disorder ' check it plz  . aoutosomal recessive means a rare genetic diorder . that happens mainly with consanguinity . yes it may be i like ur notice
POIS of 10 yrs now

FloppyBanana

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 01:21:36 PM »
Has anyone ever heard of more than one person in a family having POIS? I would really like to know this. My partner is scared that I may pass this condition to my children (that's why she wants a girl!? I THINK).

FB
30 years of POIS. Mytelase after O with Iceman breathing technique.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 10:57:49 PM »
Has anyone ever heard of more than one person in a family having POIS? I would really like to know this. My partner is scared that I may pass this condition to my children (that's why she wants a girl!? I THINK).

FB

Hi FB,

I cannot reassure your partner 100%, but I can share that my son, which is now a young adult, do not have POIS.  This may not be a proof that POIS cannot be "transmitted", but is sure a proof that it is possible NOT to transmit it. 

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

sleepy

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 01:36:57 PM »
I am glad to see some results

thanks to all who took part.

It is hard to guess if you don't talk to someone about their problems.
If a person has been living with a condition for long enough they might get used to it or learn to cope with it that it isn't detectable by an outsider, but it is still affecting their life..
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 01:39:12 PM by sleepy »

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 08:05:41 PM »
I can share that my son, which is now a young adult, do not have POIS.

Same with my 2 adult sons.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Mr Raba

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 09:10:20 AM »
My mother said my Dad  "never got tired'". I never noticed any paytern of energy issues with him.  So he definitely did not have POIS.

I am sure because my mother said : That old man was like a breeding bull, he never got tired". 
My Answer; TMI mom. TMI.   Ha Ha  Ha.

Hilarious  exchanges.
Simultaneous onset of CFS and POIS since Feb 1993. Married since 1989.

Helped by Immunocal (I explained how to take in previous posts).  Some relief on day one and day two.  It affects neurotransmitters.

Spartak

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2016, 12:51:06 AM »
As far as I know the answer is NO.
I never met anyone who have POIS,and I belive that I would be able to nottice that someone have POIS even if he didn't told me directly.
no sugar diet helps me a tiny bit, also makes my mind much calmer in general. Sugar is definitely something my body does not handle well. Also I noticed that other inflammations like a hangover are better since I quit sugar. I avoid sweet fruits as well.

MirkoThiel0

• wenn du deutsch bist dann schreib mich an :)
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2016, 12:50:10 PM »
both of my brothers could have it but i will not ask in the near futur.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2020, 07:17:39 PM »
Yes my brother got POIS. My mother doesn't have pois but she gets a burning sensation intravaginal from semen. Although she has some symptoms which overlap with my POIS symptoms like brain fog, cognitive problems, faitgue etc.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 07:24:22 PM by Muon »

Ricardo Brasil

• My case report
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2020, 05:09:58 PM »
I am absolutely sure that my brother does not have POIS, I would know if he did. My father and brother have energy to spare, they always seem motivated for life and are very emotional; in my case, always looking like a slug, there is no comparison.
Note: my parents are second cousins.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2022, 07:09:26 AM »
“ Other than me, I personally know two other guys in my family that have it “
https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/uq208a/rare_or_not/

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2022, 09:11:02 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/zeoxc0/got_a_cousin_who_also_has_pois/

I just found out that a cousin of mine also has POIS, he's 19 and has been dealing with POIS since he was 13... It's unbelievable, I mean POIS is such a rare syndrome and now we are two in the family with this disease... I'm 29 and my POIS began at 19