Author Topic: went to an Endocrinologist doctor  (Read 4715 times)

Twp06242014

went to an Endocrinologist doctor
« on: April 23, 2015, 01:06:59 AM »
on the recommendation of mu main doctor i saw an emdocrinologist.   He tested my blood for various specific things.  A few momths ago my regular doc tested my testosterone and it came back a bit on the low side around 386 i think.  The most recent testosterone test came back a bit higher at about 460 which made me feel better although still womdering what my issue is.

the endocrinologist said the rest of my numbers looked normal to him.  He said the thyroid could be a bit low but he did not want to do anything too drastic because i think he did not want to disturb anything else.  He prescribed liothyronine once a day for me.  I have not felt any difference yet.

He did say that he thinks there may be something wrong with me but he is not sure exactly what.  He asked about my sleep and i told him i had testing done in the past and it came back as fragmented but not sleep apnea.  He said i may still have a sleep disorder.

Overall  he just said to take the liothyronine and also said i might benefit from antidepressants (particularly the amphetamine type) which i am already on.

b_jim

Re: went to an Endocrinologist doctor
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 12:35:52 PM »
Happy to read that you feel better !
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Twp06242014

Re: went to an Endocrinologist doctor
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 09:32:34 PM »
Well i do not really feel any better, I was just relieved that he felt my testosterone appeared normal.  Even though my issue(s) is not solved yet, I would much prefer to have normal test numbers over irregular ones for whatever things they decide to test.