Author Topic: Official Desensitization plan Begins!  (Read 215372 times)

Daveman

• Administrator
Re: Official Desensitization plan Begins!
« Reply #240 on: January 25, 2013, 07:05:00 AM »
LAPOISSE,

I can't answer for JP, but it will probably depend on what happens from here on.

His system has been pushed to the limit, while incrementing the dosage, so he is always in POIS, well every 2 weeks when he gets his shots. Surely that's tough going and probably wouldn't have let up during the incrementing dosage.

Now that he has reached 100%, either he will start to accustom to that dosage and begin to feel better, or stay the same.

Probably the proof of the pudding will start in these next months.
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Vandemolen

« Reply #241 on: January 25, 2013, 10:40:55 AM »
JP: 1/1 (only semen) is not possible. There has to be a small dillution because semen alone can't be injected. It's not runny.

When the max dillution is reached you can see a few times progress. But after that it's a few months the same dillution to make sure the4 allergy is not coming back.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

LAPOISSE

« Reply #242 on: January 25, 2013, 10:57:15 AM »
What about you Vanden ? How do you feel?

jotape_chile

« Reply #243 on: January 28, 2013, 11:16:55 AM »
Hi everyone,

Well... I can tell you it is possible. I saw it with my own eyes: my semen being introduced directly to the syringe and then shot to my arm.
It hurt a little, and had a red spot during the rest of the day.
POIS as usual, but I am hoping for an improvement during this year. If by dember I got no advances, I will give it up... cause I am not feeling any better after each shot.

My next session is by the end of February.

I will be posting any news.

JP

Vandemolen

« Reply #244 on: January 28, 2013, 06:40:32 PM »
Lapoisse, I am ok. I have 70 % less symptoms.

My main symptoms:
1. Sinusitis and otitis. I can solve that problem by removing my tonsils. I hope that I can go to the hospital within a few weeks.
2. Acne. I think the problems with my tonsils cause the acne. We shall see what the result will be.
3. UTI. I don't have a sollution for that problem yet.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Vandemolen

« Reply #245 on: February 06, 2013, 06:03:01 PM »
Today I had an injection of 10/1. 100 % semen is possible. For now 10/1 is the max for me. But maybe it will go up more.

Egordon

« Reply #246 on: February 09, 2013, 12:53:00 AM »
JP,

I know this question may sound a bit presumptuous but i've got to ask it: Are you sure that you haven't felt an improvement? I only ask because I too am fairly far along in my desens and, until recently, when I would orgasm or get my injections without having taken niacin first it would feel like I was back in the same-old pre-sensitization-level POIS. Even then, though, I realized that because the POIS was so stifling and because it severely impaired my cognitive function, it made sensing incremental changes in my condition very difficult. You see, when I would have an unprotected O it seemed I felt as bad as always, but when I would use niacin I could tell that my body's reaction to the orgasm was far less severe. Initially, niacin only somewhat worked for me; after using it I would feel MUCH better than I would've if I had orgasmed without taking it, but it was still only a 60-70% improvement. Further, it would still take about 3 days for me to get to a point where I'd feel comfortable engaging in public speaking, leading meetings and taking on a truly social character. Post-desensitization, however, niacin would make me feel 100% better within a few hours. Likewise, when I first began using NSAIDs to erase the symptoms of POIS I had to use 2 (200mg) Celebrex to wipe away all my symptoms. Now, I only need 50mg.

All of which is just a roundabout way of saying that although desensitization may not have improved your condition as much as you expected, it may have had a really significant (but, at times, hard to detect) impact.

I think that many people (for completely understandable reasons) go into the Desens process expecting to be cured of POIS altogether, and to be given the ability to live like a completely normal person who never worries about their orgasms. But I suspect that the truth of desens is that for most people it only reduces POIS 50-75% -- enough to make it completely manageable, but not enough to allow you to forget about it altogether. That's been my experience, at least.
POIS since I was about 15. 1.75 years of desens and I'm now about 80% POIS free. Still working through best practices for maintaining my immunity and administering my injections with my doctor. Email me if you have tips or questions!

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #247 on: February 09, 2013, 04:07:23 PM »
Today I had an injection of 10/1. 100 % semen is possible. For now 10/1 is the max for me. But maybe it will go up more.

Van, thanks for your pioneering experimental work. I wish you best success.
Demo
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

fidalgo

« Reply #248 on: March 11, 2013, 10:13:51 AM »
Van, I have a doubt. You said you have a great improve in Pois doing the dessenssibilization. I want to know if you have less symptoms when you drink coffee too.

Vandemolen

« Reply #249 on: March 13, 2013, 05:12:52 PM »
Fidalgo, I didn't stop drinking coffee. So my answer is yes.

Egordon

« Reply #250 on: March 28, 2013, 03:10:55 AM »
For anyone currently interested, my treatments have progressed significantly and i'm currently at a dilution of 1/10 (I forget exactly how much solution they injected last time, but I'm about 3 shots away from being at my maintenance dose... assuming I don't go higher like Van has).

The impact has been huge! Pre-treatment, I required 4 days to recover; that's now been reduced to about 7 hours.

I'll continue to update you all as developments arise.
POIS since I was about 15. 1.75 years of desens and I'm now about 80% POIS free. Still working through best practices for maintaining my immunity and administering my injections with my doctor. Email me if you have tips or questions!

LAPOISSE

« Reply #251 on: March 28, 2013, 03:52:58 AM »
That's amazing for me ; what was your exact symtoms before(sorry if you already described it) ? ; what is theory behind that ? Where do you do your dessens ?

FornicationDENIED

« Reply #252 on: March 28, 2013, 12:25:02 PM »
How could you convince anyone that POIS is real and demand a dessen process?

LAPOISSE

« Reply #253 on: March 29, 2013, 01:32:38 PM »
Lapoisse, I am ok. I have 70 % less symptoms.

My main symptoms:
1. Sinusitis and otitis. I can solve that problem by removing my tonsils. I hope that I can go to the hospital within a few weeks.
2. Acne. I think the problems with my tonsils cause the acne. We shall see what the result will be.
3. UTI. I don't have a sollution for that problem yet.

OK, I've none of this symtoms ; There is definitly at least two kind of POIS ;

I dont' feel concerned by the desens solution ; But it's great that it works for you guys ; For the persons that experienced mostly cognitives symtoms, we need to find our cure

Egordon

« Reply #254 on: March 29, 2013, 02:54:50 PM »
Lapoisse,

My symptoms are almost exclusively cognitive: general fatigue, laziness, extreme difficulty thinking quickly or clearly, anxiety (produced by the difficulty responding to others quickly and clearly), etc. I also get some uncomfortable non-cognitive symptoms, which I suspect are produced by the same inflammation causing the cognitive ones:  pressure behind eyes, partial closure of my left eye, pressure in the bridge of my nose, etc. You definitely should not think that desens is only for people with non-cognitive symptoms. I'm nearly completely in control of my symptoms because of desens and Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory drugs.

Also, you may have misunderstood what Van was trying to say. It seems to me that he was talking about his remaining symptoms, not his initial symptoms.   

Please let me know if you have any other questions! I'd be happy to share my desens experience.

LAPOISSE

« Reply #255 on: March 29, 2013, 04:04:58 PM »
Egordon,

First of All your testimony is very encouraging ; thanks you for sharing.

Second of all, yes, I jumped into conclusion too quickly ;as far as I understand It is just amazing if POIS is "just" an allergy as described Dr Waldinger ;

The good thing for me is (i) I get pretty nice relief from NSAID's(I use ketoprophen) but i'll probably try Celebrex and (ii) my symtoms are pretty close to yours regarding the way you described them.

I have some questions :
-Where you positive to skin prick test ? How was the test done?(I just tried to put semen in my arm and used a needle but no reaction)
-Where do you live ? How did you convince someone to do desens ?

Thank you!
-Did you have Symtoms just when getting aroused ?

Egordon

« Reply #256 on: March 29, 2013, 05:14:24 PM »
Hey Lapoisse,

I'm glad I could help!

I did indeed test positive to the skin prick test but only after extensive prodding from an allergist. You probably shouldn't do the test yourself, as you're exposing yourself to a risk of systemic reaction and likely lack the medical technology to carry it out effectively. Besides, an allergist is unlikely to begin desens treatment with you without acquiring a positive allergy test, so you'll have to have a professional administer it anyway.

We began my test at a dilution of something like 1:30,000 (to which some members have tested positive) but I didn't receive an affirmative positive until something like 1:10. This took about 3.5 hours and 7 or 8 attempts. So don't let a doctor convince you that you aren't going to react just because you don't react at a really high dilution. Insist on being tested at closer to "full concentrate."

I live in Berkeley, California and explained my ailment to a General Practitioner, who then referred me to an allergist. At each of these consultations, I made sure to take several peer-reviewed scientific articles on POIS and a few more accessible newspaper articles on the disorder; each of these made my story more credible in their eyes. I then described my symptoms (I had abstained for a few days to ensure that I was able to do so articulately), my current treatment regimen (niacin) and asked about desensitization. I was VERY fortunate, in that I was met by sympathetic doctors, who were willing to listen to my story and investigate my disorder; not everyone has been so lucky. I do, though, think my odds of seeming credible were boosted by the literature I brought and my giving an articulate description of my symptoms. If you do the same, you should at least be able to get a doctor to give you an allergy test.

As for the NSAIDs, I don't know much about ketoprophen but whatever you take should probably remove more than 50% of your symptoms. I take Celebrex and I works well, but I'm actually only taking it because I have asthma and it's the one NSAID that asthmatics can take. Otherwise, I'd probably be taking a more powerful drug (like indomethacin, maybe). I'd recommend that you start by going to an allergist with your story and all the (favorable) literature on the disorder, and then ask him what he would recommend to a patient experiencing inflammation triggered by an autoimmune disorder.

Best of Luck!

(P.S. I'd give you my doctor's name but I already tried to refer another member of the board and he declined the opportunity to work with them. Because the treatment is new and somewhat experimental, I guess he's only comfortable working with one POISer for now.)   

Vandemolen

« Reply #257 on: March 30, 2013, 07:07:18 PM »
That's great to hear Egordon!

Lapoisse, in the first group in the papers of dr. Waldinger there were a few people who have just a little relief and some have a major relief.

My problems with UTI could have been caused by desens. Because the defense mechanism of the body doesn't react so strong against POIS because of the desens. But that could mean that your defence against UTI is also less. But I hope this defense mechanism will be ok when the desens is over. Now I doing desens for almost 2 years. I think there is 1 year more.

My doctor expects a lot of the operation of my tonsils. I hope to know the effect about a few weeks.

Prancer

« Reply #258 on: March 31, 2013, 07:20:03 AM »
We're glad you're feeling better from your desens Egordon. 8) Yes, please keep us updated. I'm very interested in your new developments and I have very similar symptoms that you described early on.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #259 on: April 01, 2013, 12:28:04 AM »

[LAPOISSE], I'd give you my doctor's name but I already tried to refer another member of the board and he declined the opportunity to work with them. Because the treatment is new and somewhat experimental, I guess he's only comfortable working with one POISer for now.

I had a similar experience with my doctor!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business