Author Topic: Fenugreek: All Members' Trials  (Read 28119 times)

b_jim

Re: Fenugreek: All Members' Trials
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 04:09:25 AM »
I'm testing 2 caps fenugreek from arko exactly 15 min after ejaculation.

Fenugreek flush  ???? (spice)

I seriously begin to wonder if we can have the same effect with any strong spice (pimento, pepper.... even nutmeg...) and niacine !

edit : failure, after eating sugar I have hot flashes.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 07:30:59 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2014, 09:02:55 PM »

I seriously begin to wonder if we can have the same effect with any strong spice (pimento, pepper.... even nutmeg...) and niacine !

b_jim, I hope in 2020, _no_  POISer will need to undergo these experiments any longer! (Why? *****FORMAL***** POIS MEDICAL RESEARCH!!!)

Thank you for leading the way. :)
Demo

« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 09:08:40 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 02:03:56 AM »
No, Prancer!

Relax!

I mean by 2020, that POIS will be _history_, a "thing of the past!"

:)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 02:47:04 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

poisioq

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 05:26:02 AM »

I am testing in these days the cayenne tea. I'm getting good results. I need more tests because I'm slowly increasing the dose till the point I'll get the flush. I'm trying to find the right formula in terms of quantity and time before and/or after orgasm. But even without flush it's helping a lot.
I 'll open thread soon.

Dav

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 02:11:57 PM »
How's it going? I'm writing from the depths of my POIS today... No luck with fenugreek this morning. Actually, after 5 successful attempts (which I described earlier in this thread), my last two tries have been very disappointing, particularly today. The "miracle" effect was gone so I started to think, as b_jim did, that it was all placebo in my case. As I did the previous times, I took 2 caps of fenugreek+1 cap of garlic about 15min after ejaculation. It was 7:30 AM. It is now 2 PM and I feel drained, with sore eyes. My muscles aren't achy but they feel energy-deprived. I just want to go home and sleep. Fortunately, I never experience brain fog, so I guess that's how I can get stuff done at work, and write this.

Everything I wrote earlier is true. I spent the whole of January with extremely mild to non-existent POIS symptoms thanks to the fenugreek (and maybe garlic). But today it just let me down. I am going to try taking the fenu one hour before O, as advised, and add green tea, which I haven't done so far. This morning I couldn't have done that, though (unplanned sex... the way it should be!). I had not had breakfast when I took the caps, do you think it could have something to do with it?

Fenugreek flush?? I haven't experienced that... How long did it last?

As for the dopamine and the interesting articles on Parkinson (thank you for the French link!), I guess fenugreek could have an effect on dopamine but how can we figure out whether dopamine and POIS are connected?

Cheers

b_jim

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2014, 03:05:15 AM »
Your experience shows why it is so important to test a strategy during several weeks or months. There are sometimes differents paramaters you changed during test (diet, rest, stress, work, sleep....) and these parameters might influence your Pois and not the thing you are currently testing.

In my case, all food with influence on insuline increases my Pois symptoms.
With 2 fenugreek caps, I clearly felt tinglings and flush symptoms. I will test with 3 caps next time.
I can't say  it improves my Pois because I deliberately ate sugar foodt to stimulate hot flashes and fenugreek didn't help me.

Anyway, the interesting point is I felt the flush.
Just after ejaculation, I feel cold, especially during winter. My hands become cold. I have the feeling my bloodstream is low.   I believe this effect might be caused by vasoconstricion. And in this case flush might counter this effect.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:43:55 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

b_jim

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2014, 02:34:54 AM »
Another test with fenugreek . I took 3 caps but not in an empty stomach (30 min after breakfast). I get no flush.  Next time I will test 3 capss on an empty stomach.. 
Taurine = Anti-Pois

sameer7777

• pls send what ever working pls thankyou
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2014, 07:19:49 AM »
feenugreek dont give you flush !!!!!!!!
only vitamin 3 do !!!!!!!!!!!!
pls don't expose me.
AFTER SEX/MASTERBATION (FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS)
1)BACK NECK PAIN GOES TO DOWN SPINE
2)NERVES LIKE SQUEEZED OUT
3)MORNING FEET NERVES PAIN
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION
7)HIGH SUGAR LEVELS (TRIED INSULIN FOR 1 YEAR MAKE ME MORE SICK

b_jim

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2014, 01:22:51 PM »
Maybe I'm sensible to spices. I will retry later. Anyway it didn't help my Pois.
Anyway, the interesting point is the difference between supplement taken after meal and on an empty stomach.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

drop247

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2020, 10:38:46 AM »
You can add me to the list of people who benefit from Fenugreek. I had sex without any drug or supplements beforehand. Afterwards when POIS was starting to get bad I took two capsules of Fenugreek and experienced  almost complete remission of my symptoms for awhile. It's nice to have a tool that is also effective when taken post orgasm. I see on reddit at least one person had profound effects on their seasonal allergies from it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/6ua413/fenugreek_for_allergies_not_strictly_nootropic/

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2020, 03:29:33 PM »
I have big bags of fenugreek leaves and seeds in my kitchen, along with a coffee/spice grinder to mix them up  :) I am lucky to live near an Indian supermarket, homemade fenugreek powder is very cheap.

Although I have stopped taking it for now due to my success with milnacipran, it has the effect of making me feel more sociable even outside of POIS. It does seem to lose its potency when used too frequently, but for several years it was the best tool in my anti-POIS arsenal.

There's lots of info about fenugreek on the old forum:

https://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=q9afmvlv2jfl0keqa6nmfq2l92&topic=6576.1660

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2020, 04:53:04 PM »
hurray, perhaps you’ve noticed - like I have - that fenugreek has had positive POISer feedback since the early 2007 forum days!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 04:55:10 PM by demografx »

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2020, 06:04:26 PM »
hurray, perhaps you’ve noticed - like I have - that fenugreek has had positive POISer feedback since the early 2007 forum days!

Yes, Demo  :) Fenugreek is cheap and readily available, and has a good history of helping POIS sufferers. Large doses can make you smell like you showered in maple syrup, however  ;D ;D ;D

drop247

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2020, 07:18:31 PM »
Take care if you decide to take Fenugreek with or around your use of Milnacipran. There is at least one case of it causing Serotonin Syndrome in someone also on a SSRI.

https://www.infantrisk.com/content/fenugreek-serotonin-syndrome-natural-doesnt-mean-safe

I wonder if it's action on serotonin are why it's so helpful with POIS. Other treatments like Niacin and Quantum's 5-HTP also act on serotonin. So does Taurine, Vitamin D, Magnesium, etc.

Who knows if it goes Orgasm ->Low Serotonin, or Orgasm->Immune system reaction->Low Serotonin, or maybe neither.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 07:26:15 PM by drop247 »

Clues

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2020, 03:00:23 AM »
Yes, Demo  :) Fenugreek is cheap and readily available, and has a good history of helping POIS sufferers. Large doses can make you smell like you showered in maple syrup, however  ;D ;D ;D

Is there any way to suppress the smell? If I take a small amount in food, a tea spoon maybe, I smell for at least a day. Am I taking too much?

Speaking of odours: After I started taking chlorella, my pee smells faintly like cigarette butts. Any ideas why?

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2020, 06:42:58 PM »

Is there any way to suppress the smell? If I take a small amount in food, a tea spoon maybe, I smell for at least a day. Am I taking too much?

Speaking of odours: After I started taking chlorella, my pee smells faintly like cigarette butts. Any ideas why?

Avoiding sweating is the best way I've found to stop the smell, but I don't know of any way to neutralize it completely. A teaspoon sounds like a relatively modest amount. Not sure regarding the chlorella  :)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2020, 07:37:02 PM »

;D ;D ;D

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2020, 07:40:39 PM »
Take care if you decide to take Fenugreek with or around your use of Milnacipran. There is at least one case of it causing Serotonin Syndrome in someone also on a SSRI.

https://www.infantrisk.com/content/fenugreek-serotonin-syndrome-natural-doesnt-mean-safe

I wonder if it's action on serotonin are why it's so helpful with POIS. Other treatments like Niacin and Quantum's 5-HTP also act on serotonin. So does Taurine, Vitamin D, Magnesium, etc.

Who knows if it goes Orgasm ->Low Serotonin, or Orgasm->Immune system reaction->Low Serotonin, or maybe neither.

Thanks for the heads up, drop247. Serotonin syndrome is rare, but nasty.

I've taken a few different SSRIs, including sertraline for a prolonged period of time. It worked well at elevating my mood, but unfortunately it did nothing for my POIS symptoms. The same was true for the other ones I tried.

So just from my own experience, it feels more likely that the norepinephrine reuptake inhibition of milnacipran is what is somehow preventing my POIS symptoms. It's interesting that other people have found supplements such as 5-HTP useful for their POIS - again, 5-HTP didn't work for my POIS symptoms, except to make me feel more cheerful  :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 07:44:49 PM by hurray »