Poll

What do you think POIS is a result of?

Infection
0 (0%)
Virus
1 (3.1%)
Auto-Immune Condition/Allergy
14 (43.8%)
Psychological condition (ex. depression)
0 (0%)
Hormonal problem
12 (37.5%)
Circulation issue
0 (0%)
General Unhealthiness
0 (0%)
Some unknown mental illness
0 (0%)
Other
5 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: What is POIS?  (Read 11382 times)

Going less Crazy

What is POIS?
« on: May 22, 2013, 09:34:14 PM »
I would like to know because I keep thinking that POIS is something different every day, and I would just like to know everybody's opinion.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 12:42:25 AM by Going less Crazy »
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Prancer

Re: What is POIS?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 10:12:02 PM »
This is a very good topic. I was also just thinking about that question myself. I've never seen such variation for what an illness could be. It's gone anywhere from PTSD to an allergy to anxiety to pretty much everything under the sun! It's not anyone's fault though; it just shows how little we know about what exactly POIS is. And like nordnurse has been saying, I am very optimistic that the researchers will start out by telling us exactly what POIS is because "POIS" doesn't mean anything at all (it's just a word we use to label the thing/symptoms that we all seem to have in common.) Even if the cure takes a little bit longer, it will be a HUGE relief if we can finally know exactly what this is. So good topic GC!

Going less Crazy

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 12:44:03 AM »
Well thank you.  It definitely is a question that needs to be answered.  I'm going nuts with the possibilities, after 6 years of this I wish I just knew what it was already.
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Chris

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 01:51:29 AM »
Yes,i would also be very relieve to at least know what this thing is.My guess is hormonal..

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 07:08:24 AM »
I put hormonal, but was mixed between hormonal and auto-immune. I see that those who have answered are more or less in the same bag.

I think it's a combination of the two, one, probably the auto-immune (not allergy), messing up the hormonal system.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Starsky

• NDL_Group
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 03:27:27 PM »
For me its the hormonal messing with immune system.

poisioq

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 05:00:48 PM »
I can say I have them all.
So I'm also asking to my self "Why have I got it?"
I mean: what is weakening my system?
It's just an energy unbalance due to some trauma in the past, or is it just a bad mental habit, or is the root cause in the environment?
I'm looped in those question lately.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 09:05:36 AM »
For me its the hormonal messing with immune system.

Mmmm, just as likely!

Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 09:11:41 AM »
I mean: what is weakening my system?
It's just an energy unbalance due to some trauma in the past, or is it just a bad mental habit, or is the root cause in the environment?

Just to know would mean so much.

I really don't think it's something like a trauma or mental habit... neither the environment, or it would happen to so many more.

I'm not even sure that it is something external weaking our system, again, it would happen to so many more.

Perhaps we have a weakness that makes us more sensitive to external factors. It's so hard to tell by how we feel.

It's like if someone smashes your toe with a hammer it hurts, but if your toe hurts, it doesn't mean that someone is smashing your toe with a hammer.
 ;D ;D

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 09:32:17 AM »
Hormonal. That's what the forum consensus was in 2007, so I followed the idea. I found a top endocrinologist, a top lab that could accurately measure my hormonal makeup.  And a treatment that continues to work.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

nenexx

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 01:49:00 PM »
I chosed hormonal problem because I've always felt like I have something wrong with my dopamine, like that's my main problem. It was also the first thing I found when I searched on the internet for my symptoms, the first thing I thought: this is it, this is the thing that's wrong with me. And this was before I related it to orgasm. And like daveman said, god.. it would mean so much to just know what it is

poisioq

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2013, 04:42:15 PM »
I mean: what is weakening my system?poi's

I really don't think it's something like a trauma or mental habit... neither the environment, or it would happen to so many more.

I'm not even sure that it is something external weaking our system, again, it would happen to so many more.

Perhaps we have a weakness that makes us more sensitive to external factors. It's so hard to tell by how we feel.

It's like if someone smashes your toe with a hammer it hurts, but if your toe hurts, it doesn't mean that someone is smashing your toe with a hammer.
 ;D ;D

it makes sense, but I believe that a big part of the population is suffering from some kind of syndrome that involves the immune system. maybe we are just subgroup of individuals that reacts with pois to the "hammer" due some kind of genetic similarity. other subgroups react with lupus, others with cfs, others with a combination of different syndromes, others don't even realize they have the x syndrome, etc....  ???
the hammer could be pollution, ogm foods, brain overstimulation due to media advertising, processed food or whatever.
hopefully with research we can fix pois, but if the hammer theory is correct let's hope it won't smash our hand next time  :)

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 07:07:33 AM »
I mean: what is weakening my system?poi's

;D ;D

it makes sense, but I believe that a big part of the population is suffering from some kind of syndrome that involves the immune system. maybe we are just subgroup of individuals that reacts with pois to the "hammer" due some kind of genetic similarity. other subgroups react with lupus, others with cfs, others with a combination of different syndromes, others don't even realize they have the x syndrome, etc....  ???
the hammer could be pollution, ogm foods, brain overstimulation due to media advertising, processed food or whatever.
hopefully with research we can fix pois, but if the hammer theory is correct let's hope it won't smash our hand next time  :)

If the researchers could prove that, it would be the best thing that happened for POIS.

There would be a lot more interested researchers.... potential for a "real market".

Going less Crazy

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 02:28:20 AM »

;D ;D

But what if it was something external that our own bodies have reacted very differently to when compared to normal people?

I agree generally that the problem lies within our own bodies, but some of the symptoms I've experienced in the past almost lead me to believe that my body could not possibly make me feel "that bad".  Then again, our immune systems can do some crazy things.

b_jim

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 02:17:57 AM »
From my opinion :

60% probability : allergic reaction to semen.
40% probability : hormonal/neurotransmitter depletion, especially dopamine. Semen is rich in catecholamines.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 02:19:57 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

LAPOISSE

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 05:04:09 AM »
From my opinion :

60% probability : allergic reaction to semen.
40% probability : hormonal/neurotransmitter depletion, especially dopamine. Semen is rich in catecholamines.

I can't believe in the allergic reaction hypothesis because :

1 : The semen is already in the body..all time
2 : Most off people doesn't have any classic sign of allergic reaction
3 : Many people doesn't need to ejaculate to get POIS symtoms
4 : Many people doen't even need to be aroused(or any sexual related activity) do get POIS Symtoms ; I tried full abstinence, it doen't solve the problem.I think we have a problem that somehow is making worse(or more visible) after O.

Still, I'm really not sure about anything...

I keep reading/watching very interesting stuff about medecine...I believe many people have some "general unbalance caused by our modern life style". POIS'er are just some of them that notice links with Orgasm.

If you have time watch this video, it's really interesting...A lot of people(International first class MD's)  says right now that it will be really soon a change of paradigm in medecine...A kind of really simple medecine that doesn't brig back tons of money to pharmaceutical industry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z3kRDYcvhA

poiseidon

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 03:06:44 AM »

I can't believe in the allergic reaction hypothesis because :

1 : The semen is already in the body..all time
2 : Most off people doesn't have any classic sign of allergic reaction
3 : Many people doesn't need to ejaculate to get POIS symtoms
4 : Many people doen't even need to be aroused(or any sexual related activity) do get POIS Symtoms ; I tried full abstinence, it doen't solve the problem.I think we have a problem that somehow is making worse(or more visible) after O.

1. I strongly believe and feel that the problem of  semen is in its the interaction with the urinary tract.
2. I do. Seconds after O I get closed nose, burning eyes etc. + cognitive
3. There might be some leaking since those glands are supposed to be emptyed quite often. This is why I think abstinence is not the answer.
4. That could be an overlasting symtom OR glands got microscratches due to abstinence letting the semen interact with the blood system.

I make a 5. Many desentitized patients reported symptoms improvements.

But I might be wrong too :)
After spending loads on supplements I found out that the only thing that works is abstinence. Full stop. And it's free.
Meditation if done correctly is great too.
Also avoiding computers produce faster recoveries and fewer temptations.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2013, 08:06:59 PM »
Belated post, but I feel like this has to be either hormonal allergy or too much release of a hormone(s).  Doesn't make sense to be an allergy to sperm for me either.  The majority of my symptoms are focused in my brain right where I feel the pleasure of orgasm, it wouldn't make sense for sperm to be there and for me to not feel it anywhere else in my body.  It can't be a virus, infection... nothing would react like this.  It has to be a hormonal allergy or hormones.  Sorry I am just ranting in POIS today, my olive leaf didn't work, I believe I "O'd" too much (4 times).  Probably going to stick to one "O" a week now.

Dr.Dre

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2024, 05:10:57 AM »
it seems to me that it's about chemical changes in the body. Like drug addicts and alcoholics. At one time, we XXXXXX [please see forum profanity rules - - mod edit] or masturbated too much, were fixated on sex. And our organisms couldn't stand it and deflated. What do you think about my opinion?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 10:49:50 AM by demografx »

Dr.Dre

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2024, 01:28:37 PM »
Please note above edit.
Thank you,
Demo
[/quote]
I'm sorry) English is foreign language for me.