Author Topic: POIS or Something Else  (Read 3958 times)

Daveman

• Administrator
POIS or Something Else
« on: April 14, 2011, 11:37:00 AM »
With POIS it's so hard to know if what you're feeling is POIS or something else at times.

I'm day 13, and just recently yesterday, I began to feel a little better over all. But I still have problems with neck and back muscles.

Sure, yesterday I was playing with my 3 yr old nephew, throwing him in the air, yupeeee!. Right away, tendons in the elbow area and various muscles in the neck aand upper back are sore.

In general, muscles are very quickly damaged. I know I'm older (not as old as Demo :) ), but I know the longer I'm out of POIS the less I'm effected.

In day 2 to 5, I tire easily. Loose my breath, heart beats heavily. But at day 13, that doesn't happen, yet the muscles still are effected very easily, like some element (calcium?) is missing, or the capacity to remove byproducts is lower....

POIS seems toexagerate any other sensitivity we might have. Or is it that we are just more sensitive.

It's a chicken or egg problem.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

UnderstandingPois

Re: POIS or Something Else
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 03:02:34 AM »
for me i workout as much as possible, i dont get sore. my muscles dont bother me, maybe you should try some calcuim, lol   calcuim magnesium along with vitamin d so it can obsorb themn properly function.

do you use your muscles often? maybe magnesium will help, over contracting muscles for a long time. try relax them.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 08:08:19 AM »
for me i workout as much as possible, i dont get sore. my muscles dont bother me, maybe you should try some calcuim, lol   calcuim magnesium along with vitamin d so it can obsorb themn properly function.

do you use your muscles often? maybe magnesium will help, over contracting muscles for a long time. try relax them.

Calcium would be a good idea, and now that winter is coming (down here in Chile) I should take viatmin D. In this last year I spend about 12 hrs a day in front of my computer, and with POIS, I can't do exercise. If I manage to make it into a POIS free time, I can return to much more normal exercise.

When I was 35 I worked weights 4 hrs a day 5 days a week, a heavy 5 day split. Although I didn't feel many aches and pains then, I did have some areas that took a beating, like tendons in my elbows, lower back, neck area. And these now are much more disposed to inflamation now with POIS.
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

UnderstandingPois

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 08:26:12 AM »
same here, it is so hard just to work out one time believe, me but everyday i push myself so hard to do stuff, even getting out of bed is hard, but i know after i workout i expect unimaginable fatigue, but hey i suffered for years, with things way worse.

you do realize working out for 4 hours is pointless? the bodycan only put on what you have from food, your body has to rest to actually grow muscle, haha, so one hou to one n half hour at the most.

im trying to think tho what i was taking or doing when pois started, k i remember taking multivitamins n feeling awfull around the time pois started, drinking so much milk a day, like a jug or 2, working out. ohh hey, i was a healthy kid, untill i started seing a phyciatrist, just because i missed alot of school, but ever since then i never felt the same, i got perscribed,pills for nervs n seizers, and ritalin, methylphenidate.sleeping pills.              how many people i wonder on this website are actually diagnosed with add or adhd,. i am, lol