Author Topic: Just some notes about my case of POIS  (Read 1763 times)

Dooor

Just some notes about my case of POIS
« on: July 03, 2023, 08:42:33 AM »
- I'm a cis man in my early 20's
- Ironically enough, I'm asexual and I've never masturbated nor had sex nor plan to
- Nevertheless, I get nocturnal emissions at least once a month (I guess the semen wants to come out somehow). This is the only time I experience POIS symptoms
- My main symptoms are violent sneezing, a runny nose and a headache
- Changing my clothes & sheets, taking a shower and going outside generally help reduce my symptoms at least somewhat
- Also, I recently started taking antihistamine pills because of a pollen allergy, and I think it made by POIS symptoms milder as well
- I have GERD
- I don't have low vitamin D
- I also have ADHD and autism (not sure if that's relevant)

kosmo35

Re: Just some notes about my case of POIS
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 09:33:54 AM »
Hi, i too had GERD, low vitamin D and had symptoms from nocturnal emissions as well.
I invite you to read my recent post because it might help you:

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=4381.msg46828#msg46828

it's about the correlation between POIS and SIBO, which is known to cause GERD and malabsorption among other things.
if you notice similarities with your case you could try my solution to the problem or consider doing a breath test for SIBO.

Dooor

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2023, 09:42:27 AM »
Hi, i too had GERD, low vitamin D and had symptoms from nocturnal emissions as well.
I invite you to read my recent post because it might help you:

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=4381.msg46828#msg46828

it's about the correlation between POIS and SIBO, which is known to cause GERD and malabsorption among other things.
if you notice similarities with your case you could try my solution to the problem or consider doing a breath test for SIBO.

I actually wrote I don't have low vitamin D which I know because I tried taking vitamin D supplements as I've seen some POISers suggest, but instead it gave me symptoms of vitamin D overdose

Dooor

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2023, 09:43:05 AM »
But thanks for the reply!

kosmo35

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2023, 09:53:29 AM »
I read wrong sorry >_<
However, the solution I have provided is definitely helpful in alleviating GERD, the underlying cause of which is often hypochlorhydria.
An acquaintance of mine who has been on ppi for years with no improvement has also achieved success from this.

Dooor

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2023, 09:09:46 PM »
Update:
- I recently discovered, I probably have a condition called MCAS (Mast cell activation syndrome), and it may be causing my POIS. I'm planning to see a doctor about this in the near future.
- I'm currently on a low-dairy & low-histamine diet (dairy and high-histamine foods are common MCAS triggers), and it has reduced my POIS symptoms drastically!

Dooor