Author Topic: SIBO is definitely the cause of POIS for me  (Read 3624 times)

kosmo35

SIBO is definitely the cause of POIS for me
« on: June 27, 2023, 09:00:56 AM »
It may have already been treated in the forum, but I want to shed more light on the matter and provide some insight into my own story.
I suffered for 4 years from brain fog, inability to concentrate, chronic fatigue, tinnitus, back pain, sensation of walking on eggshells, diarrhea alternating with constipation, mid-abdominal swelling, acne on cheeks and upper back, seborrheic dermatitis, rapid hair loss , water retention on the face and surely I forgot something.
Doctors have always dismissed me as an imaginary patient and I have spent thousands of euros in useless and misleading advice, as well as in logicless therapies, which have worsened the symptoms at best.
The most unpleasant symptoms appeared not immediately after an orgasm (this is why it took me 2 years to discover this forum), but the next day and the peak was after 2 days, then gradually decreased, but never faded away completely.
In my diagnostic journey I changed my diet (mainly eliminating gluten and lactose, which seemed to exacerbate the situation), but without much progress. Even from intermittent fasting little benefits. Symptoms remission only occurred when I was on amoxicillin for other reasons.
The gastroscopy, done to test for celiac disease, showed that I had gastritis, chronic esophagitis and duodenal atrophy. The gastroenterologist wanted to put me on ppi and test for lactose intolerance but luckily i came up with this thing called SIBO. I suspect it is related to the parasites I had 4 years ago and which in a few months led me to appendicitis close to peritonitis, or to the antibiotics I took later (also for other surgeries).
Basically I came across a fantastic youtube video by pure chance the other night, when I was having suicidal thoughts and was about to give up everything. The guy claimed to have cured his SIBO, gastritis, duodenitis, NAFLD, POTS and more ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53f1gsRUxvY&list=LL&index=3 ).
He gives a very logical and well articulated explanation of the mechanism on the pathology and I also have to admit that he has a great sense of humour, so I invite you to see it, even if it is long. He suggests to seek the resolution of the problem in improving the motility of the digestive tract, rather than killing bacteria, through the use of prokinetics, such as ginger and artichoke. In a few days I got myself a co2 extract of ginger and a 10:1 hydroalcoholic extract of artichoke, calculating the doses based on the patent of the motility pro product which is unfortunately not available in europe. Ginger tea/ eating a small piece of ginger, combined with artichoke extract, also seems to work. I took it for nine days on an empty stomach in the morning as soon as I woke up and magically all my problems improved and every day I feel better, more alive and energetic. None of those awful, harmful die-off symptoms from oregano/garlic oil. I also started taking 1.5g of dgl licorice powder 30 minutes before lunch to speed up the repair of my esophagus and stomach.
I tried to have two orgasms close together when I was on the 7 day regimen and had no symptoms the next day and only a negligible drop in energy two days later when normally I would have been in a coma state. The bacterial overgrowth probably has yet to be fully pushed into the colon, but I'm very hopeful.
Give it a try, if you haven't already!!! It was really miracolous for me!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 03:39:25 AM by kosmo35 »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: SIBO is definitely the cause of POIS for me
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2023, 10:09:06 AM »
The gastroscopy, done to test for celiac disease, showed that I had gastritis, chronic esophagitis and duodenal atrophy.

Hi guys, little feedback, i did biopsy of sample from stomach week a go when i did gastroscopy where they found gerd, duodenitis, erosive gastritis which is manifested by bleeding. Today came results from biopsy.

"Two pieces of gastric antrum mucosa were received. The integumentary epithelium is neat, the fovea converge towards one end (erosion) and the glands are of adequate thickness. In the lamina propria above the glands are scarce lymphocyte infiltrates and slightly smaller foci of bleeding. H.pylori is negative. DG. GASTRITIS CHRONICA EROSIVA"

You could check for Infiltrates of mast cells and lymphocytes.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 10:12:10 AM by Muon »

kosmo35

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2023, 11:27:18 AM »
Duodenal mucosa samples show a "CD-3 positive intraepithelial lymphocytic infiltrate equal to 15/100 enterocytes".

I'm also reporting the rest of the biopsy:

"Non-atrophic gastritis of the oxynythic-antral transition area. (Intensity of chronic inflammation=+/--) .
Chronic esophagitis. (Intensity of chronic inflammation=++/-) .
Negative HP . "

kosmo35

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2023, 11:47:38 AM »
The hypothesis is that the motility of the migrating motor complex (mmc) of the intestine has been impaired. Under normal conditions this is what prevents the ileocecal valve from weakening and spilling bacteria out of the microbiome. In addition, the liver does not produce enough bile to emulsify fats, leading to steatorrhea, malabsorption (of fats but also of fat-soluble vitamins, especially vitamin D) and acne (the body's way of getting rid of fats it cannot absorb). This only slows down the process of disposal of toxins produced by intestinal bacterial overgrowth. A lack of bile leads among other things to a low acidity in the stomach because bile also serves to neutralize the gastric juices but since there is little of it the stomach adapts. Reduced gastric juices = gastroesophageal reflux and chronic esophagitis (the cardia normally closes with the production of gastric juices).
In essence, digestion is totally slowed down. This doesn't necessarily imply constipation because the problem is with the small intestine, not the colon. the colon has a reduced motility per se and it is precisely in this environment that the microbiome can develop.
Ginger seems to have a great ability to stimulate gastric juices, while the artichoke seems to effectively stimulate intestinal motility and bile production. This is why this combination is so powerful.
There are some scientific articles about that.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 11:50:32 AM by kosmo35 »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2023, 11:58:27 AM »
Artichoke helps Igy78.

You could ask if they have stored your tissue and do a CD117 staining test on it for mast cells.

kosmo35

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2023, 12:34:59 PM »
I had already tried artichoke alone for 2 weeks, even in higher doses than the current one, but it didn't seem to significantly improve the symptoms.
It must be said that I used to take it after meals, while now I take ginger and artichoke rigorously on an empty stomach in the morning and wait at least 3 hours before eating.

I'll call the clinic tomorrow and ask if they have stored my tissue.

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2023, 02:22:59 AM »
In essence, digestion is totally slowed down. This doesn't necessarily imply constipation

Very interesting topic, my first post in this forum was also about motility issues.
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3293.0

kosmo35

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2023, 06:38:42 AM »
Thanks, I am convinced that motility is a key point to focus on, perhaps the root cause of the cascade of complaints.
As the boy in the video states, unlike antibiotics, which give immediate relief from symptoms, ginger and artichoke give significant improvements day by day.
Brain fog is now a memory, the belly is perfectly flat and I don't feel swelling and annoying gurgling even during the excitement phase before orgasm, as in the past.
My back is now perfectly straight with no pain in my lower back, my joints are strong, my hair doesn't fall out anymore and acne doesn't appear again. The stools are consistent, at regular intervals and sink, a sign that they are not fat.
Dosage:
- ginger herbal tea made with 30 g of ginger (of these I eat a few pieces later, about 6/7 grams. it is spicy but after drinking a few sips of water it disappears quickly)
- 35 to 40 drops of 10:1 hydroalcoholic extract of artichoke leaves to add to the herbal tea
- if you want you can add black tea, whose caffeine also stimulates colon motility, and lemon juice to make it more pleasant
That's it. Cheap, without side effects, but above all effective, at least for me.

p.s. unfortunately they didn't keep my tissue samples because it's been two months since the exam.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 07:13:31 AM by kosmo35 »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2023, 07:15:15 AM »
Heat affects my gastrointestinal motility, High temperatures lowers motility.

kosmo35

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2023, 07:29:51 AM »
I can relate. In fact, I wait for the herbal tea to cool down before drinking.

I remember not to add anything else to the herbal tea because we don't want to take it with food (tea is allowed because it basically has no calories).

hapl

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2023, 01:57:19 AM »
What different types of ginger have you tried? Do you think dried ginger capsules would be effective? And same question with powdered artichoke extract capsules?

Interest idea, as I have a lot of the same symptoms even without POIS, and it started after food poisoning or some stomach bug type thing many years ago.

Mushnikk

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2023, 02:49:36 AM »
What different types of ginger have you tried? Do you think dried ginger capsules would be effective? And same question with powdered artichoke extract capsules?

Interest idea, as I have a lot of the same symptoms even without POIS, and it started after food poisoning or some stomach bug type thing many years ago.

Food poisoning is a very common cause of SIBO. Have a look at the work of Mark Pimentel, the leading doctor and scientist on SIBO.

kosmo35

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2023, 06:29:12 AM »
I tried the herbal tea and ginger pieces as described in the previous post for a week, because I was waiting for the co2 ginger extract that I bought on the internet to arrive.
Now that they've delivered it to me, I'm trying to get a glass of water with 3 drops of that and the artichoke extract of course.
Seems to have the same effect. I preferred co2 ginger extract because the pill product called Motility Pro from Ortho Molecular Products used by the guy in the video had ginger extracted like this, with carbon dioxide under supercritical conditions. According to what is written in the patent, it guarantees a very high concentration, no solvents and avoids the degradation of gingerols.
I don't exclude that the extract prepared with traditional methods also works, given that the fresh product also worked great.
You could first focus on the extracts and herbal tea and then eventually buy the ready-made pills.

kosmo35

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2023, 02:58:54 AM »
I wanted to remind you that while I am experimenting with this regimen I am gluten and lactose free.
3 days ago I tried to reintroduce gluten (2 buns) after a month of not doing it and experienced brain fog, tiredness and itching for 2 days.
I discovered that the gliadin contained in gluten has a structure very similar to the Hwp1 protein localized on the hyphae of Candida Albicans. It may be that the overgrowth of Candida in the small intestine led to leaky gut, which triggered an immune response to Candida and gluten mimicking it.

I don't know if this is our case because we are talking about SIBO here, but this theory of mimicry could reveal why gluten is so poorly tolerated.
Following this logic, to reintroduce gluten it would be necessary to wait for the healing time of a leaky gut (from estimates 2/4 months, which makes sense, because the guy in the video took this time to be able to tolerate this trigger again). My blood tests showed IgA Anti-transglutaminase antibodies 2.5 AU/mL

As far as lactose is concerned, the speech is similar. Since lactase is synthesized on the intestinal mucosa, the leaky gut syndrome could make us deficient even if we are not genetically deficient.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 02:08:15 AM by kosmo35 »

Mushnikk

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2023, 03:52:47 AM »
Perhaps there are similar protein in sperm illiciting an immune response?

kosmo35

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2023, 07:31:02 AM »
I don't know, it could be.
However I'm more of the idea that orgasms intensify symptoms because liver is already overworked by filtering out the toxins produced by the bacterial/fungal overgrowth and can't even handle the disposal of prolactin and other hormones resulting from sexual activity, as well than their metabolites (the latter mainly explain the delayed symptoms).
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 09:49:21 AM by kosmo35 »

Hopeoneday

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2023, 09:45:31 AM »
You are lucky that ginger and artichoke helps you with
sibo eg bloating.
For me, about 30 hours from O when my digestion stops and
only ferment food in intesines, it is brutal..
No suplement or fodd i can found to help me with this.
Pois atac nerwous system, muscules become stiff and not
working propery, ANS disbturbed, guts not working..
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 02:46:21 PM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.