Author Topic: ❤️‍🔥🎉Success with acupuncture  (Read 1773 times)

Rain.sun

❤️‍🔥🎉Success with acupuncture
« on: February 08, 2024, 02:16:15 PM »
I have had pois for about 15 years. My symptoms were primarily physical, not emotional. Namely, flu like symptoms, burning eyes, low blood pressure, brain fog, cold extremities, very weak for multiple days, and I would likely catch a cold or have an allergic reaction to random things because my immune system would become so compromised.

Last year I went to an acupuncturist for the first time and I noticed a marked decrease in symptoms after our session. I went about 6 times total over the course of 6 months.

Today my symptoms are 77% less which is crazy after struggling with this for so long. I still don't feel as vital as I would like after a session so will continue to work on the remaining weakness.

To be honest, I wouldn't attribute my progress solely to the acupuncture. But what happened as a consequence.

Acupuncture removes blocks in our energy channels and sometimes strengthens certain channels. What surfaced as a result of my treatments was not just physical but emotional. This wouldn't necessarily be immediately after a treatment but more like a slow unfolding over months. The emotions that came up actually werent directly about sex. But rather previous heartbreak I had experienced in childhood and layers of cynicism, apathy, anger. A huge chunk of hopelessness. It felt like grieving a death I had never properly grieved. And I didn't think it had anything to do with the pois issue, but by the time I fully worked through it, that's when my symptoms dramatically decreased.

If I had to guess the connection between that emotion and the pois, orgasm is a physiological state of connection. And due to the heartbreak/betrayal, my body may have associated connection with threat and would trigger an immune reaction. This must have been completely subconscious as I felt no conscious threat. Even now I'm surprised this is what resolved it.

As I write this, I can feel potential dismissiveness and skepticism from readers. That's ok. But what I would like to offer is I never thought this issue was anything but physical. I did not feel shame or obvious negative emotions during or after a session. If anything I would just feel really flat after, but that was more a physiological response. I wouldn't say this condition is psychosomatic in the way we traditionally think of that term. Rather, that trauma gets stored in the body, and different bodies cope with trauma differently. Stored trauma can have very real biological consequences and has already been linked with autoimmune conditions. What's interesting is I had done plenty of trauma work and therapy prior to this, but I think acupuncture can tap into processes at a much deeper level.

Whether any of this resonates, acupuncture is used for treating purely physical conditions and injuries as well. So it's worth a try. I had the most success with 5 Element practitioners, which is a particular treatment style.

Anyway, I sympathize with everyone in this group. Being punished for your pleasure is a hard cross to bear. Wish you the very best

P.s. Prior to this, what helped me to manage symptoms a bit was berries (esp raspberries), B12/liver, zinc.

Mr Raba

Re: ???????????Success with acupuncture
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 12:32:17 AM »
Actually I am not surprised that acupuncture would improve your whole being. I think you went back to a position of strength and your body aligned better.  With a stronger body and improved systems the body would start to process and heal things it was not well enough to process before. I practice meditation.  It also affects your whole being, improves neurotransmitter function, depression, etc.  So ancient healing arts are powerful.  We are complex beings. 

I believe as your emotions were processed and traumas healed your body was able to work better.  The whole subtle and physical body combination.  It does not have to be an unconscious issues that would trigger an immune response.  But I can not discount that.

Have your tried to complement with some sort of meditation?

I am glad you are feeling better!   Keep us posted. Much appreciate the sharing.

I wonder how many of us who had POIS develop after adolescence can associate it a life event.  Hearth break, injury, poisoning, virus, stress, etc.
Probably many.  I was very stressed about my job, and had taken too much SLO-NIACIN for a long time to lower cholesterol.  Then Boom, CFS and POIS hit overnight.  But in my case I feel that the SLO NIACIN was the triggering factor. I was taking 4 grams a days per my Dr. prescription.  That is crazy!!.  And to top it all the night I fell ill a took 6 grams “to compensate” for a greasy pizza.  I was young and not aware that SLO Niacin could be so toxic.  SLO Niacin that is.  This is not to say that all Niacin is bad.  There are several forms.  And remember reading medical articles on the toxicity of SLO-NIACIN (slo release) specifically. 
Simultaneous onset of CFS and POIS since Feb 1993. Married since 1989.

Helped by Immunocal (I explained how to take in previous posts).  Some relief on day one and day two.  It affects neurotransmitters.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 10:51:22 AM »
Yes why not R.S, why you think we dont trust you about acupuncture?
It is well known therapy for warious disorders...
Who knows what acupu.. did reseted in yours body,
immune system maybe?

Mr.R, yes slowe niacin induce liver damage, and from there
who knows what then coused CFS, POIS etc, i belive my is
started from accutane-antibiotics combo, this combo damage gut,
gut nervous system, microbiome, body nervous system etc, if this
not working properly, nothing in the body will work as it should...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 10:57:20 AM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.

Warrior

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2024, 02:36:47 AM »
“Acupuncture is one of the traditional methods of treating CNS diseases in traditional Chinese medicine”
https://www.frontiersin.org/journals/neuroscience/articles/10.3389/fnins.2023.1118508/full

“Acupuncture points are believed to stimulate the central nervous system”
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/acupuncture#:~:text=Acupuncture%20points%20are%20believed%20to,physical%20and%20emotional%20well%2Dbeing.

“Emerging evidence indicates that acupuncture treatment not only activates distinct brain regions in different kinds of diseases caused by imbalance between the sympathetic and parasympathetic activities, but also modulates adaptive neurotransmitter in related brain regions to alleviate autonomic response.”
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3677642/

It’s actually not surprising acupuncture helped you. Nanna1’s main theory was a CNS infection behind POIS.
Nothing I say is medical advice. Always do your own research. Follow anything I say at your own discretion.
My POIS Protocol | My YouTube Channel