Author Topic: next week we get a lot media attention.  (Read 6963 times)

MirkoThiel0

• wenn du deutsch bist dann schreib mich an :)
next week we get a lot media attention.
« on: April 07, 2016, 02:45:32 PM »
hello my name is MirkoThiel and i have pois.
by the way my English is not that great i hope you still understand me. (i will correct my wrong sentences if you write them right)
i was thinking a long time ho we could get media attention, and i found a way how we can get some for pois.
next week 12.04.2016 at 21:30 in German time i will call the twitch show TheraThiel, therathiel is a web/twitch show, people wiht psychologies
problems can call and an psychologist will help them in front of around 6000-10000 twitch user.
i will call there and tell my story how i got psychologic problems and that i found out that pois was my problem
and will invite the chat to search for the pois wiki in cases they have problems like that.
what do you think about all of this ? should i mention that forum ? how should i explain it to them ?

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: next week we get a lot media attention.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 06:10:52 PM »
MirkoThiel0,

E X C E L L E N T!

I'm sure anything you say will be enlightening.

99.99% of the WORLD is clueless about POIS!!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

notmythirdaccount

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 06:56:15 PM »
I think exposing this is a great idea. I use Twitch a lot so I'll be sure to check it out!

MirkoThiel0

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 09:42:10 AM »
12.04.2016 21:40-23:00 during that time my chances to speak are about  90%
so maybe you wana watch it live, by the way i did not tell them about pois during the "application" for the show, so maybe i will get kicked.
I think it will be worth it for the people that may have pois, and for use, attention is the one thing we need for that problem.
the show is on german.
https://www.twitch.tv/rocketbeanstv (normally they do games and comedy and stuff)

MirkoThiel0

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 01:09:54 PM »
im the first one at 21:45 twitch.tv/rocketbeanstv
 im so nervous and still have no glue how to explain it, and they have no idea that i talk about something like that, but i also bought Jägermeister today wich is nice

Macster

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 05:02:05 PM »
Hi MirkoThiel0,

I went to check out the link you posted for the twitch tv programme. I believe that it was you I was hearing. I took german classes a few years ago but I don't remember much and could not understand much of the discussion.

How did it go? What was the therapist's reaction?

Thank you and good job for having spoken about POIS publicly! It takes a lot of courage
Symptoms since I'm 15 y o, hair loss, muscle twitches, brain fog, anxiety, low confidence, stuffy nose, itchy eyes and skin, sensitive to temperature change, loud heartbeat. I currently use 5-htp and SAM-e.

MirkoThiel0

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 05:19:19 PM »
Hey Macster im glad someone watch it, you don t understand german and i speak only a bit english ^^.
 It went good and bad, most people from the chat where thinking im just a troll but the therapist take me seriously and also invite me to come again in some months and speak again about what i have learnd or maybe defeated pois (who knows right^^)
all in all i was nervous failt about some facts but a lot was understandably :).
i hope it makes a difference :)
tomorrow i send a YouTube link with the stream of today.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 05:22:34 PM by MirkoThiel0 »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 06:49:05 PM »
Looking forward to YouTube link.

Thanks for this great effort.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

MirkoThiel0

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 12:20:27 PM »
this is the link of the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_4gIrc-zuI
that is the moment i start talking https://youtu.be/Z_4gIrc-zuI?t=19m28s
that is the moment i first talk about pois https://youtu.be/Z_4gIrc-zuI?t=25m43s

Macster

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 12:43:49 PM »
Thank you for the links!
If you have time could you give an overview of what the therapist's answer was?
Symptoms since I'm 15 y o, hair loss, muscle twitches, brain fog, anxiety, low confidence, stuffy nose, itchy eyes and skin, sensitive to temperature change, loud heartbeat. I currently use 5-htp and SAM-e.

Prancer

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 07:05:12 PM »
Thanks Mirko, it's very good that the therapist was willing to listen to you about the problem, despite the other trolls.
Hopefully someone will provide a translation for us. It's good getting the word out for other potential sufferers out there. Thanks again, great job.

Edit: Just noticed YT has an auto-translate feature (never used that before). Don't know how good it'll be, but I'll try that feature out later for the translation.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 08:43:02 PM by Prancer »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2016, 09:34:38 PM »
Prancer, thanks for auto-translate tip!

b_jim

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 04:12:42 AM »
Good job ! We didn't won the scientific battle (yet) but we won the media battle.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

guardian

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 05:55:08 AM »
Hi guys!

Originally I wanted to discuss this with Mirko first (I also got to know about POIS from his media appearance).
However, some time has passed now since I tried to first contact him and I thought that this information could be very important to some of you.
So I don't want to wait any longer.

While reading some of the articles in this forum, especially those about relationships/love, I had an idea.

If you guys are looking for women who don't have a problem with not having sex in a relationship you might want to consider dating asexual women.
We actually have a lack of men in the asexual community and there are also dating websites for asexual people.

I would recommend that you explain your situation with POIS in your dating profile.
Also include your sexual orientation in your profile, do not pretend to be asexual if you're not!

More information about asexuality can be found here: http://www.asexuality.org/

Thank you again, Mirko! Little actions do make a difference.

I wish you guys all the best.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:13:28 AM by guardian »

MirkoThiel0

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2016, 08:16:53 AM »
great idea, could work for some people in the forum.
but i don t think i would be happy with it, i mena i still have my needs...