Author Topic: When to take Niacin?  (Read 2728 times)

terrance82

When to take Niacin?
« on: October 23, 2017, 06:08:27 PM »
I'm 35.  Have had CFS for 12 yrs.  I am so thankful to have found this site. My POIS symptoms started when my CFS symptoms started.

Just started experimenting with niacin. I took niacin, 200mg, no flush after 20min, so I took 50mg every 10min, until finally got a flush at 400mg.  I ejaculated about 15 minutes after the flush started.  The flush was pretty intense, head to toe, and lasted about 45 min after ejaculation. My POIS symptoms usually start with 6 hrs and last 3 to 4 days.  This time they were reduced 90% and by day two were gone. 

I then read that you should wait until the flush passes before ejaculation.  So the next time I took 150mg niacin on empty stomach this time.  The flush started within 20min.  I waited 25 more minutes after flush started, when it started to subside and then ejaculated. POIS symptoms wer reduced by about 50% this time and effects lasted until day 3.

So my question is, do I wait for the flush to totally end?  My best experience was when i did it at peak flush, but I also took 400mg that time. I'm sure there are a lot of variables, but is the general consensus to wait until flush is totally passed?
thanks

positive_guy

Re: When to take Niacin?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 05:42:40 AM »
I'm curious too. I currently orgasm during the flush.
BTW. I was very surprised that people had to wait so long for the flush. I'm taking a supplement where the flush kicks in after about 3 minutes.