Author Topic: So I told my parents about POIS. They did not believe me  (Read 4983 times)

Iamnobodi

So I told my parents about POIS. They did not believe me
« on: March 06, 2016, 03:13:54 AM »
I finally told my parents about it and my mom fully doesn't believe me. She told me that "I can't handle my life & to become a monk"

It's making me doubt whether I have it. I can be a bit of a hypochondriac.

Usually my symptoms after NE are:

-Severe fatigue
-Reduced Quality of Sleep
-Next day I feel socially retarded, and not present. Speech sometimes incoherent.

Could POIS vary for people from mild to severe? Because the above symptoms compared to other people's experiences are milder. And could also be worse for other people.

From the Wiki page: In men, postorgasmic illness syndrome (POIS) is a rare disease[s 1] which, immediately following ejaculation, can cause severe muscle pain throughout the body, as well as other symptoms which can be cognitive, psychological, or physiological.

I don't think I experience severe muscle pain. Mainly the fatigue and physiological and cognitive symptoms

Iamnobodi

Re: So I told my parents about POIS. They did not believe me
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 04:18:29 AM »
I also noticed that if I'm able to abstain for a long time my mood improves and I become more extroverted. Not sure if this is related to POIS.

joelawerence

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 12:53:43 PM »
This definitely seems like POIS. Maybe you are the initial stages but it can get worse as you age, as was the case with me.

I haven't been able to reveal to anyone about my POIS except for my wife, and even she doesn't fully appreciate the pain I am going through. This is because on the outside we seem normal and no one is aware of such a disorder in daily life. When even doctors don't believe us how can we expect other to?

There is only so much you can get in terms of support from others until some proper research publications come out. The wait has been a long painful one for me and others like you, but there is always light at the end of the tunnel which I am walking towards :)
33 years old, POIS for around 12 years with increasing severity.
Major symptoms - Severe fatigue, back pain, unrefreshed even after 9+ hours sleep, pain behind eyes, very dry face, bald head with inflamed scalp, digestion issues and constipation. Very low testosterone and high glucose in blood tests

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 02:31:27 PM »
Thank you for sharing that, joelawerence!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Raj

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 05:06:21 AM »
Iamnobodi, you are exactly me! My symptoms are literally same like you. I hardly masturbate nowadays, all the symptoms are caused by NE's. And, I get NE's very frequently, I struggle with symptoms 24x7. After waking up, I feel extremely fatigued, my eyes become teary, my heart beats extremely fast etc etc. Like you, little do I get muscular pain. Anyways, I used to tell my parents about this problem before. They would kinda ignore it & say "everything will be fine". But, recently it has become a very serious issue for me and my family. Due to severe physical fatigue, I spend the entire day lying on the bed. I've been detached from sports & other physical activities. Becoming worse and worse in studies as time passes. Until a few months ago, I used to assist in my father's business, but now I don't. Unlike before, I don't run errands. Became very introverted. I don't go outside, not do I speak to people. Due to these reasons, now my parents don't have the same love or responsibility that they used to have for me before. I'm absolutely worthless to them, like a burden. Nobody understands my worries, nor I can make anyone understand. I'm so lonely, so pissed off! Looking for solutions. You guys are my hope. :(

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 09:11:44 AM »
Iamnobodi, you are exactly me! My symptoms are literally same like you. I hardly masturbate nowadays, all the symptoms are caused by NE's. And, I get NE's very frequently, I struggle with symptoms 24x7. After waking up, I feel extremely fatigued, my eyes become teary, my heart beats extremely fast etc etc. Like you, little do I get muscular pain. Anyways, I used to tell my parents about this problem before. They would kinda ignore it & say "everything will be fine". But, recently it has become a very serious issue for me and my family. Due to severe physical fatigue, I spend the entire day lying on the bed. I've been detached from sports & other physical activities. Becoming worse and worse in studies as time passes. Until a few months ago, I used to assist in my father's business, but now I don't. Unlike before, I don't run errands. Became very introverted. I don't go outside, not do I speak to people. Due to these reasons, now my parents don't have the same love or responsibility that they used to have for me before. I'm absolutely worthless to them, like a burden. Nobody understands my worries, nor I can make anyone understand. I'm so lonely, so pissed off! Looking for solutions. You guys are my hope. :(

Hi Raj,

It is not uncommon in POIS sufferers to develop a depression secondary to POIS.  POIS in itself can generate depressive felling, anxiety, social avoidance, and all sorts of psychological symptoms, in addition to the physical symptoms.  But the evolution you describe tend to show that you are maybe developing a full blast depression, on top of your POIS.  This has to be addressed by a health professional.  If POIS is unknown by the medical professional, depression is.  I strongly advice you consult for your deteriorating mood and overall condition.  Don't wait to have very negative thought or suicidal thoughts before seeking for help.

Take good care of yourself, Raj!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 03:36:13 PM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Iamnobodi

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 12:34:59 PM »

Keep going Raj, keep fighting!

I would advise you to start exercising - running/bodybuilding. And meditating. It's a great way to release stress. Do you notice any difference between ejaculating from sex and NE/masturbation? Because for me, at least I think this is the way I am, with sex my symptoms are much more mild. So if you can you should plan your release's. I saw a great post on this forum about a person managing his symptoms - through pre & post supplementation & also planning his release. So I think Raj, if you can do this you can greatly increase your quality of life.

Oh and also, if you ever get an unplanned NE - I would advise you to take a melatonin straight after. You'll feel less shit  upon waking up

Raj

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 01:43:02 PM »
Iamnobodi, thanks for encouraging me!

As I said in my previous post, I used to involve in sports, mainly strength training / bodybuilding since 2 years past. And, I have a good physique too. But recently, due to POIS, I have stopped hitting gym. Exercising doesn't work for me. Rather, it worsens the symptoms. Right after a workout, I feel something I can't explain. My energy level goes to zero, my hands and legs become numb & so on. The worst I experience is after a cardio session, my heart bounces like an alarm clock as if it's going to explode! So I ended up not going to gym. My goal is to get better soon & start it again.

I don't have sex (because have no partner) & never did before. And, I believe the symptoms that come from NE's differ from the symptoms that come from masturbation. When I masturbate, I experience acne, tingling feeling etc whereas NE doesn't give me these things. And, masturbation symptoms are more intense and last for a few weeks, symptoms caused by NE's diminishes within a few days. I am not sure about this because I get NE's almost everyday and hence it's very difficult for me identify the root cause of symptoms.

However, I tried niacin. Unfortunately, it didn't help. Neither it gives me a flush, not does it protect me from symptoms. I'm taking 100 mg of pure niacin (nicotinic acid) but tried upping the dose to 300 mg or even 500 mg. None of the cases, I got flush. It was something like my ears were reddening and was feeling a little hot, nothing else. It was not a proper flush actually, I believe. Anyways, I will post a new topic on niacin later.

Somewhere in this forum, I found someone who got positive results from a b-vitamin supplement called Hidroxil [ http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=455.msg5053#msg5053 ]

Currently, I'm taking this supplement (it comes with different name but has same compositions, vitamin B1, B6, B12). Let's see if it improves my condition.

Thank you guys for being with me. :)

Raj.