Author Topic: Stumbled On To Something  (Read 6385 times)

mentaldetective

Stumbled On To Something
« on: March 01, 2015, 03:32:27 PM »
So I found something that seems to be working very well for me. Has anyone tried Trazodone? It's designed for helping with sleep and depression. My Pdoc gave it to me particularly for sleep. Since I'm so sensitive to medications I only take 1/4 of a 50mg pill at night. I have been taking it for a little over 2 months. Let me tell you, my sex drive is through the roof with what seems to be only about 10% of my normal POIS issues, sometimes no POIS at all. Also waking up almost every morning with intensely strong erections. It seems to be working really consistently especially when I'm a more active and watching the heavy carbohydrates. My lady is thrilled and says she hasn't seen me this easy going and happy in years. Definitely not placebo, not saying it will work for everybody, but might be worth a shot in trying especially if you already have sleep issues and/or depression to begin with. FYI, through my other trials, I have had about 25% improvement with niacin, and about 50% improvement with Advil. Figured I should post this if it could help someone else. I'll make future updates if anything changes.

sameer7777

• pls send what ever working pls thankyou
Re: Stumbled On To Something
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 05:46:01 AM »
Yes I will try it
I am excited if it help me too
But I am already in xanax for years
I should tapper Xanax and try this
Thankyou
pls don't expose me.
AFTER SEX/MASTERBATION (FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS)
1)BACK NECK PAIN GOES TO DOWN SPINE
2)NERVES LIKE SQUEEZED OUT
3)MORNING FEET NERVES PAIN
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION
7)HIGH SUGAR LEVELS (TRIED INSULIN FOR 1 YEAR MAKE ME MORE SICK

sameer7777

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 06:03:49 AM »
When to take bed time???  What is the safest dosage pls guide Thankyou
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

sameer7777

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 06:26:03 AM »
Did you try any other anti depressants before this
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

mentaldetective

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 10:25:22 PM »
I have tried a lot of antidepressants before like Prozac, Paxil and Zoloft. Prozac helped a little at first, but the others made me feel worse. I take a very small dose of trazodone right before I go to sleep, no more than 25mg. Also when I restricted my calories for 2 days while taking it, it seemed to really boost the positive effects even more. I'm going to keep experimenting and try to lock down the exact amount I should be taking while dialing in my food intake and exercise. I'll post my results.

sameer7777

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 06:16:01 AM »
Let me know too pls Thankyou
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

FloppyBanana

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 02:25:30 PM »
Hello mentaldetective!

So do you take it every day or just when your have a POIS episode? If POIS is the cause of your depression then perhaps you could just take as and when. However it does seem that your having sex most days (lucky man!)?

FB
30 years of POIS. Mytelase after O with Iceman breathing technique.

mentaldetective

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 01:21:56 PM »
Just wanted to say, it's still working near perfect! I even had 2 very stressful emotional draining weeks due to some external circumstances and still no POIS symptoms after orgasm. This may be the answer for a lot of you. I have had these horrible POIS symptoms for 20 years, and nothing else has done the trick.

Hey FB, I take it every night, it definitely helps with my mood. I wouldn't say my depression is cured, because I do experience it some days, but no POIS.

The thing that seems to really boost the effects is to do 2 calorie restrictive days in a row. I'll basically do a 2 day very little calorie type fast (around 700-1000 calories per day), 2 days in a row on Monday and Tuesday every other week. Then I'll eat whatever I want the other 12 days. I immediately feel at peace and higher sex drive following the fast, but I know the trazodone is the key ingredient because I have done the 2 day fast many times before adding in the trazodone and it isn't the same. The 2 day fast also helps to maintain my weight. I'll keep posting if anything changes, feel free to message me.

Macster

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 07:48:10 PM »
Hi mental detective,

I take celexa when I get bouts of depression, usually during the week following an "O". I am getting moderate results in terms of my brain fog and depression, but it seems to amplify some of my symptoms (like itchy eyes and impulsiveness). Have you tried celexa before? If so how does trazodone compare? Also, how does it affect your physical symptoms?

Thanks
Symptoms since I'm 15 y o, hair loss, muscle twitches, brain fog, anxiety, low confidence, stuffy nose, itchy eyes and skin, sensitive to temperature change, loud heartbeat. I currently use 5-htp and SAM-e.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 11:53:16 PM »
I remember I was on trazodone for a week but I stopped because it was making me almost angry and hormonal (felt like I had adrenaline or whatever coursing through my veins) or whatever you call it.  But I did not have an ejaculation on the medication so I do not know its personal effects for that.
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

mentaldetective

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 08:49:20 PM »
Trazodone, is still working, after O last night I was still productive and today I have full energy. I feel a little back soreness but that could be related to something else.

Macster, I tried Celexa one time and I felt pretty awesome the one day I took it, even though it is suppose to take awhile for SSRI's to kick in, I felt it's effects within 24 hours. I would like to look into trying it again in the future. I would say Trazodone is a whole different animal, more of a calming feeling, not really a depression lifter, I would almost describe it as a boost in oxytocin because I feel closer to people on it.

Going Less Crazy- Sorry you had a rough time on Trazodone, maybe with a smaller amount you would have had better results?