Author Topic: Posted on NSF Today - Interesting ?  (Read 7642 times)

Colm

Posted on NSF Today - Interesting ?
« on: March 10, 2015, 04:54:46 PM »
As posted on NSF today.

duke0knight
View Profile

Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
? Reply #19809 on: Today at 08:14:46 ?
POIS NATURAL HEALING:
I was lucky that I suffered from Post Orgasm Illness Syndrome for only 6 months until I found a natural way to heal myself on my own. I have searched everywhere online and have heard that POIS is not curable at the moment and that the only solution so far is to inject people with their own semen because doctors think that we are allergic to our own semen (I dont think that is the case or at least not in my case).

I AM NOT A DOCTOR so please do not rely on my advice 100%. Many of my statements probably arent 100% accurate but roughly I think they are correct and they did cure me from POIS. I have only been POIS free for the past 20 days (but I had orgasm every night and worked in my office 6 days a week, 11 hours a day - pretty tough on a body and yet NO POIS SYMPTOMS) so Im still not 100% sure that all of these things that Im naming here below work but I just really want to hurry and not wait longer and help people out there who still suffer. In case I do discover some more relevant knowledge about beating the POIS I will write back here or on some other blog UNDER MY BLOG NAME "DUKE0KNIGHT."

From what I have learned after trying for months to cure myself is that all my troubles originated in my stomach and my Adrenal Glands. The CURE was to REDUCE the amount of CORTISOL AND ADRENALIN in my body throughout the day and especially in the seconds immediately after my orgasm:
- too much stress raises the levels of cortisol and adrenalin
- if you are stressed all day long your levels of cortisol and adrenalin are high and your Adrenal Glands keep producing cortisol and adrenalin even during night (because they are used to producing it and just cant stop producing it that easily) so that is why many of us cant sleep well during night. I had NO IDEA that I had stress and I never believed in it. It just sound stupid to me but I learned that STRESS is very present in our lives and really damages our bodies.
- YOGA helped me a lot. I go to yoga 3 times a week. At first I didnt want to go to Yoga because its boring but after doing it 5 times I started recognizing how bad my breathing was and how stressed I actually was during the day. I believe that through correct breathing we reduce stress and therefore we REDUCE CORTISOL AND ADRENALIN which are the MAIN REASON FOR POIS. I also did Infra Red Sauna 20 times but I dont think it helped me that much.
- if you think about it the symptoms that you get after an orgasm (or at least thats  how I feel) are very similar to the body feeling after a big stressful moment in life and/or very low immunity and/or getting a flu. THIS IS WHAT helped me realize that CORTISOL AND ADRENALIN are the main reasons for my POIS. Cortisol and Adrenalin are being excreted DURING ORGASM.
- the only natural ways of reducing Cortisol and Adrenalin I could google online that worked for me were:
- Yoga
- A bunch of herbs that REDUCE Cortisol and Adrenalin and INCREASE MELATONIN (Melatonin is very important because it fights agains Cortisol and Adrenalin): HOLY BASIL LEAF, ST JOHS WORT, ASHWAGANDHA, MACA ROOT, KAVA, VALERIAN ROOT, REISHI MUSHROOM.
- make your room PITCH BLACK DARK when you sleep because that helps elevate the levels of MELATONIN. Melatonin is great and you need a lot of it to fight away Cortisol and Adrenalin. The sunlight or indoor light (bulbs, computers, cellphones, etc.) reduces Melatonin in our bodies and that is why we need to keep our bedrooms very dark (cover windows, cover door holes, and take out computers and cellphones or at least put them further away from your bed).
- try having 8-9 hours of sleep and try falling asleep BEFORE 12AM because Melatonin is being produced I think starting at 10pm so you dont want to miss those hours being awake.
- Immediately after orgasm (literally a second after you have an orgasm start doing heavy Yoga style breathing to reduce the excretion of Cortisol and Adrenalin. Try to relax your entire body by breathing and reducing the Cortisol and Adrenalin excretion. During orgasm Cortisol and Adrenalin are being excreted and that is BAD. Im not sure about this breathing thing but I think that it does help me. The thing is that the moment I realized that it is Cortisol and Adrenalin what causes my POIS I hit Cortisol and Adrenalin from all sides with multiple approaches (Yoga, herbs, sleeping on time and for 8-9 hours, breathing after orgasm, etc.) so now I dont know which one of them are actually working and which ones arent that important.

Final thing that I did was get a nutritionist to help me. Im not sure how instrumental she was but she definitely helped me with my stomach issues. Bad stomach issues can also lead to STRESS in your body and we all know now that STRESS EQUALS CORTISOL AND ADRENALIN.
After doing hair mineral test, blood micronutrient test and blood spot test (this is the list of those tests but I think you can do it through any other company that does the same thing: arlok dot com, greatplainslaboratory dot com/home/ , spectracell dot com)  she has shown me that there were multiple imbalances in my body (for example I had too much copper, aluminum and mercury, lack of zinc, etc.) and taught me how to eat well. Her website is: nourishholisticnutrition dot com but you can also go to any other legit natural healing nutritionist and Im sure they will be helpful.

I REALLY hope that some of you will be cured from POIS by following my advice.
Please, email me at duke0knight AT gmail DOT com if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Thanks,
DUKE0KNIGHT

b_jim

Re: Posted on NSF Today - Interesting ?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 11:43:34 PM »

Yes, stress is probably a factor increasing Pois symptoms, but it's not enough to explain all.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 12:16:05 AM »

LOL, b_jim! :)
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Prancer

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 01:20:23 AM »

Yes, get the 'swatter!       
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 01:31:56 AM by Prancer »

Stef

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 07:38:39 PM »

Yes, get the 'swatter!       

Prancer -- LOL!!!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 08:16:12 PM »

Yes, get the 'swatter!       

10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

G-man

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 10:17:52 PM »
Since his POIS has only lasted 6 months, maybe it is easier to reverse the symptoms in him than in someone who has had POIS for a considerably longer time? Or maybe it is a bunch of crap?

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 12:02:51 AM »
I vote for the latter :)

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 07:07:26 AM »
Hi Colm, and everybody else,

I note that this guy does not mention what symptoms he had, their severity, and their duration in days. 

That says, in my own vision of what causes POIS, cortisol do have a role for cluster 3 ( cognitive and other pellagra-like symptoms), and cluster 4 ( emotional symptoms), because cortisol up-regulates the activity of TDO ( Tryptophan 2,3-dioxygenase), one of the two enzymes that hack the tryptophan metabolic pathways toward the kynurenine pathways  ( for those interested, look at the diagram attached - on the lower left you will see that cortisol boosts the activity of TDO ). However, in my overall vision of what causes POIS, cortisol has no effect on IDO, the other enzyme that leads to the kynurenine pathways as well, so his explanation cannot be complete.

Moreover, cortisol has nothing to do with cluster 1 symptoms ( allergy-like ) and cluster 2 symptoms  ( flu-like ) symptoms.  For cluster 1 and 2, I agree with the cytokines production/immune reaction that Dr Waldinger has suggested is at play in POIS.  Again, his techniques may have work for him, but based on what I understand, it wouldn't work for all POIS sufferer.

A better, healthier nutrition helped me, and the practice of yoga and meditation, through the years, did help me to have less severe and shorter POIS, and still do help me, but it did not take it all away.  The addition of other things, in particular IDO inhibitors like rosemary and curcumin, do help me a lot more still.

As G-men says, this guy may have been a mild case of POIS, but he does not give much details, only that it only has it for 6 months.  Getting rid of it after 6 years rather than 6 months would have been more convincing.
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Prancer

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 01:02:58 PM »
I vote for the latter :)

Definitely the latter! It's the last couple of his paragraphs that reveal his true motives. Spammers will intermix sensible information with their ploys to make them seem more legitimate.

Using hair analysis to determine the body's nutritional status does not work. Period. Anybody telling you different is either a complete fraud, a complete idiot, or in all likelihood, BOTH!

So why do these spammers keep insisting people do this? Well, they want your money! That's why. They charge hundreds of dollars (and more) for their supplements and ineffective hair tests they offer. The good news is that the clinics who offer to do this type of hair testing are illegal. They're still in business for now, but likely won't be for very long. I already did my part in writing a few complaints about them. Hopefully, they'll be shut down in the near future.

My advice: stick with science and save your money! Avoid hair testing and these creeps at all costs.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 02:11:47 AM by Prancer »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 05:27:40 PM »

My advice: stick with science and save your money!

Avoid hair testing and these creeps at all costs.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 06:34:11 PM by demografx »

b_jim

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 03:21:40 AM »
My advice: stick with science and save your money! Avoid hair testing and these creeps at all costs

Of course, but anyway with some mixed feelings.
 The first person who gave me correct informations about Pois wasn't a Md or Phd.
And at the opposite, I have recently asked questions about taurine to Phd, without answers.
Medicine is not an exact science.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Hopeful Indian

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 01:28:45 PM »
Friends,

This is my second post at poiscenter, first being a thanks to Dr Nan Wise for his great support to us.  I am a 31 years old from India. First I would like to thank you all. I have been under severe POIS since 2007.  My life is spoiled due to this hell. My main symptoms are cognitive. I don't have flu-like symptoms much except the muscle pain and joint pain. Difficulty in thinking, Difficulty to remember things (even things that happened just a few minutes ago), Problems on communicating,  Exhaustion, Irritation; that makes everything unenjoyable , Social phobia (Sometimes I feel that somebody is going to beat me up), Low self-esteem (While POIS's peak time I think that I am a child), anxiety and so on.

However I am now able to live almost POIS free from the 3rd day onwards. Yoga helps me a lot. I don't take any medicine or supplements. I do Yoga daily for 30 minutes in the morning. First day after O,  some symptoms appear but as I sleep after O, I don't suffer much. The second day is the worst.  After I started doing Yoga I think 50% of the second day symptoms are disappeared. On the 3rd day only 20% of the symptoms are there (that too others would hardly recognize) . Fourth day onwards (if not had another O) I am a perfect person.

Thank you friends for the wonderful community; the only solace for a person like me who has never been understood by anyone else in this world.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 09:50:12 PM by Hopeful Indian »

Colm

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 01:43:29 PM »
Thanks for your helpful post Hopeful Indian.

Great to know the site offers both support and re-emphasises trying things like Yoga.

Others have mentioned it too. If anyone knows any good You Tube videos for beginners that could positively impact some aspects of POIS symptoms, please post them here. A well meaning chap put some on NSF and jayz, you'd want to triple jointed to do them.

Prancer

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2015, 02:12:33 PM »
My advice: stick with science and save your money! Avoid hair testing and these creeps at all costs

The first person who gave me correct informations about Pois wasn't a Md or Phd.
And at the opposite, I have recently asked questions about taurine to Phd, without answers.

That's true b_jim. Nothing is an exact science, and that's normal.

There's nothing wrong with taurine, any herbal supplements (I take some), yoga, meditation, or really 99% of the stuff discussed here. All of those things have the potential to work and ease our symptoms. They could help, or they might not. However, there are quite a few things out there that have absolutely zero potential to work, things such as homeopathy (under its true definition), hair analysis to determine the body's nutritional status, or the classic "snake oil" remedy. There are a lot more, but those were some examples. Those types of cures are usually peddled by shady individuals looking to make a profit.

We don't have to categorize things as being "natural" or "science-based". If it works, and there's evidence of it working, then it's valid! Whether that's an herbal supplement or anything else under the sun. If there's the potential for something to work, then it's good to try it out! But we do have to be careful trying things for which there is zero possibility of it working. Fortunately, 99% the things talked about here seem fine and have at least the potential to work for us, including all of the herbal supplements.

http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/foodnut/09350.html

« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 04:13:26 PM by Prancer »

Prancer

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 02:23:48 PM »
Hello Hopeful Indian, and welcome! You're not alone, and I also have mostly cognitive symptoms. Let's go cure this!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2015, 03:32:03 PM »
Welcome, Hopeful Indian!

« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 03:34:51 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 05:45:25 PM »

Excellent points of consideration, b_jim!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2015, 05:52:10 PM »
Actually, my first [very *firm*  btw] advice about testostererone-for-POIS came from a sexologist in the Czech Republic!

Not an MD!

Dr. Petr Weiss.
weiss.petr@vfn.cz

Recommended by Kate Thomas, a Johns Hopkins sexologist/author --- she in turn was recommended by a sex expert who was on Larry King Live TV.

So I phoned Dr Petr Weiss -- only once  -- about 10 years ago.

But he's been right about my POIS - albeit over a single brief phone  chat - since then.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 07:26:01 PM by demografx »