Author Topic: Greetings to All  (Read 7027 times)

Stef

Greetings to All
« on: January 26, 2015, 08:12:10 PM »
Hi All,

It's been pretty quiet on the forum re: Dr. Komisaruk's study. I'm guessing this is good news.

(If I had Demo's talent, I'd post a cool graphic about it.)

The quiet might mean that applicants have heard back from/been acknowledged by the study coordinator, Dr. Nan Wise. 
Perhaps a few of you have actually begun participation!

Mainly, I just want to say hello...and for those of you who are experiencing this miserable blizzard in the NE section of the US (it certainly has hit CT!) let's
remember that This Too Shall Pass! :-)

Best wishes,
Stef
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 11:31:10 AM by Stef »

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Greetings to All
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 10:10:48 PM »
We know it's been quiet lately on the poiscenter newsfront.  We're thinking that --

10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

superfrancais

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 06:54:44 AM »
Thank you Stef and Demografx for helping us going through these periods where it seems nothing happens.

I was just wondering recently: why is there so little activity on this forum? Is it that "the others" have all been healed and I am the only one remaining with the symptoms? Has everybody finally decided that it's all in the head like I sometimes abandon myself to believe. Of course I know it is not the case but that is the impression that it gives. Actually there is daily some new posts on the forum, but it seems it is always the same 5 persons (thank you so much to be there)... Are we really so rare on the Earth to have this pathology? This thought is sometimes frightening.

BTW I have the project to statistically estimate the number of cases in the world and by country. I have some background in mathematical probabilities, but not that much in statistics and none in medicine or epidemiology. But at least I would have a strong motivation to learn.
20 years of both mental and physical symptoms after love, chronic fatigue and depression even with abstinence, French (Lyon)

Colm

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 11:12:30 AM »
Thank you Stef and Demografx for helping us going through these periods where it seems nothing happens.

I was just wondering recently: why is there so little activity on this forum? Is it that "the others" have all been healed and I am the only one remaining with the symptoms? Has everybody finally decided that it's all in the head like I sometimes abandon myself to believe. Of course I know it is not the case but that is the impression that it gives. Actually there is daily some new posts on the forum, but it seems it is always the same 5 persons (thank you so much to be there)... Are we really so rare on the Earth to have this pathology? This thought is sometimes frightening.

BTW I have the project to statistically estimate the number of cases in the world and by country. I have some background in mathematical probabilities, but not that much in statistics and none in medicine or epidemiology. But at least I would have a strong motivation to learn.

Bonjour Super F,

My best guess (although definitely not from any mathematical correlation) is that everyone (certainly isn't healed), but are frustrated and are still trying all of their own symptom reduction, in the absence of a known cure.

It seems difficult not to know what is going on in the study after so much set up time and hope. That is probably the way of the research process, as has been stated. I also did apply into the study, but have heard nothing back.

Hoping I will live long enough to fully understand and recover fully to be well, rather than to periodically struggle, based on something as in-offensive an "O'.

I firmly believe POIS is NOT all in our minds, although there is obviously a mental and emotional component and, without understanding, analysis & experimenting/ "trying out" the varying mixture of mind, physiological, emotional and energetic approaches, we won't recover just by chance.

The nutritional approach (combined with exercise) is the one I am betting on and sticking to right now (inspired by reading of others efforts and quality contributions and knowledge here on this forum). I will report again on results of this commitment (if I believe the promise of it as a valid approach to a cure, could help anyone else).

I suspect that in their absence, others are quietly reading here and on NSF, learning and applying. No one method is THE right way, we are all so different.

Still hangin' out here in hope !

Bon chance in your own recovery Man and your mathematical inputs would be interesting to many I think.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 11:14:29 AM by Colm »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 05:08:04 PM »

Has everybody [hypothetically] finally decided that [POIS is] all in the head like I sometimes abandon myself to believe?...

I firmly believe POIS is NOT all in our minds...

Our Welcome Page addresses this age-old POIS quandary -- DUE TO MEDICAL IGNORANCE ABOUT POIS!!!
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg1

« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:27:36 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 05:34:30 PM »
As Stef will tell you, many Rare Disorders -- like POIS -- COMMONLY carry this misconception by doctors: "if it's not in the medical books, it must be psychological or psychiatric"

« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:37:29 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 05:41:02 PM »

I have the project to statistically estimate the number of cases in the world and by country. I have some background in mathematical probabilities, but not that much in statistics and none in medicine or epidemiology. But at least I would have a strong motivation to learn.

Excellent!!

A much needed/appreciated set of statistics.

Thank you for any effort in this direction!

Perhaps others here on the forum can collaborate with you if they have complementary strengths, e.g., epidemiology.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:44:25 PM by demografx »

Nightingale

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 07:48:50 PM »
This is hard... =/
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

Stef

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 07:56:09 PM »

Hi, superfrancais --

By now you all know (or should know) -- POIS is not a psychiatric disorder. 

Yes -- it brings on psych disturbances -- but many disorders do the same thing.

For what it's worth (I think it's worth a lot!) Dr. Komisaruk is a psychologist -- yet, he is certain that POIS is NOT a psych disorder.

Re: determining the worldwide statistics on POIS -- this is an important issue!!  There are roadblocks right now because POIS is most likely under-reported. Also -- POIS has not yet been medically defined.

What is it that prevents men from reporting the symptoms of POIS? How can they be contacted?

I don't have the answers, but I do have an idea or two.  It would involve publicity.

Stef

« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 07:57:52 PM by Stef »

Prancer

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 02:50:29 AM »

Hey hey superfrancais, I wouldn't worry too much about it. There's always progress being made... sometimes it's slow, sometimes really fast, but each day we all learn more, gain some experience, and occasionally figure out new ways to minimize symptoms. If ever you feel scared, confused, have questions, maybe even a complaint, or just need comfort, let us know! Someone will get back to you relatively quickly I'm sure. There's always nice stuff happening behind the scenes one way or another, even if sometimes it doesn't seem like it on the face of things. - Prancer

Nightingale

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 11:43:13 AM »
Hey hey superfrancais, I wouldn't worry too much about it. There's always progress being made... sometimes it's slow, sometimes really fast, but each day we all learn more, gain some experience, and occasionally figure out new ways to minimize symptoms. If ever you feel scared, confused, have questions, maybe even a complaint, or just need comfort, let us know! Someone will get back to you relatively quickly I'm sure. There's always nice stuff happening behind the scenes one way or another, even if sometimes it doesn't seem like it on the face of things. - Prancer

I second this! Thanks, Prancer :)
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.