Author Topic: B-Vitamins are a godsend!  (Read 29011 times)

b_jim

Re: B-Vitamins are a godsend!
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2011, 06:15:37 AM »
For me, No effects with different zinc supplements and omega-3 caps.
Possible help with large amounts of fresh salmon.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Habibou

• Lab1
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 12:23:05 PM »
Hey Habibou,

They seem to have taken the exact supplement blend that i'm using off of the market. This mix seems to have slightly less of everything: http://www.naturesbounty.com/product/006470. This one seems to have considerably more of just about everything: http://www.naturesbounty.com/product/000770. They both seem to have the full range of Bs. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help!

When you guys try it out, please let me know if it works. It's certainly cleared up some of those frustrating and lingering issues for me!

Thank you for the links !  :) sorry, for the delay, i check less this part of the forum... I will tell you when i tried it !
Brain fog 90%  + tired all the time ,sport intolerance, fast heartbeat, colon inflammation

Samir

• POIS victim since 1988
    • Huntsville Car Scene.com
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 01:48:54 PM »
I tried adding two tablets that contained the following to a healthy dose of krill oil, 200mg+ of zinc, and a multivitamin:
Vitamin C 150mg
Thiamin 100mg
Riboflavin 20mg
Niacin 25mg
B6 2mg
Folic Acid 400mcg
b12 15mcg
Biotin 30mcg
Pantothenic Acid 5.5mg

I think I feel better, but am not sure yet.  More testing to follow.

Egordon

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2011, 01:26:50 PM »
Hey Guys,

Sorry for not staying "up" on this thread. Yeah, i'm not completely sure of what the best sources of B-vitamins are, and actually haven't experimented with diets that much. I just know that meat is generally considered to be the best source of B-vitamins and a few minerals that may be really helpful for us. For instance, I was a vegetarian for about 3 years and, upon coming back to meat, found that the lack of iron in my diet really exacerbated the fatigue that I was feeling from POIS. So whatever your diet, just make sure to get all the necessary vitamins and minerals -- as we seem to be especially sensitive to nutrient deficiencies.

As for the zinc, thanks for the info. I've not yet tried that but will definitely get some.

I apologize to anyone that hasn't gotten quite the same results as me. I genuinely feel better and more lucid when I take this B-vitamin complex, and wish I had a better handle on why it hasn't worked for some of the other folks that have tried it. (Are you guys still orgasming often? This may be one variable to explore, as I only get off 2-3 times a week.) If other people continue to experiment with the Bs and experience notable successes or failure, please keep me informed!
POIS since I was about 15. 1.75 years of desens and I'm now about 80% POIS free. Still working through best practices for maintaining my immunity and administering my injections with my doctor. Email me if you have tips or questions!

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2011, 08:29:34 AM »
Egordon,

I think that the results may be mixed becasue it's a matter of finding a correct balance. That balance may be somewhat different for each as well.

Even straight niacin should be taken according to a proper dosage and schedule for it to work well. Obviously that schedule is simpler when you are talking about just one component.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Willem

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2011, 03:56:52 PM »
For instance, I was a vegetarian for about 3 years and, upon coming back to meat, found that the lack of iron in my diet really exacerbated the fatigue that I was feeling from POIS. So whatever your diet, just make sure to get all the necessary vitamins and minerals -- as we seem to be especially sensitive to nutrient deficiencies.

I noticed b_Jim mention that he was Magnesium deficient and I've had a lot of success with Mg supplements for reducing POIS.  Doesn't Niacin help with the absorption of Mg and other minerals?  I thought I read that somewhere that B vitamins helped absorption.

I've tried B vitamin complexes, but the minimal dosage I could find was about 1000% and it made me feel terrible.  I look forward to trying Niacin once I'm though with SLIT. 

Starsky

• NDL_Group
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2011, 03:23:05 AM »
Willem, i want try SLIT while being on niacin suplementation.

Willem

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2011, 10:53:49 AM »
Willem, i want try SLIT while being on niacin suplementation.

Hi Starsky,  I don't think that's a problem.  Like you mentioned, the Dr. said SLIT can work while you're on niacin, anti-histamines etc. 

The main reason I wanted to be off of any other treatment while doing SLIT was because it was the POIS communities first experiment with SLIT and I wanted to make sure all the results I was reporting were due only to SLIT and not to any other treatment.  There is a lot of skepticism about SLIT, which is understandable and justified. 

sameer7777

• pls send what ever working pls thankyou
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2011, 04:13:19 PM »
Did you feel under CFS even out of POIS? like, even a brain fog daily...? And does all the B supplements you took made you back to normal when you were out of POIS?
I am under brainfog every day (for a year now) and would like to know more about your experience !Thanks  :)

what do u mean by CFS !!!!!!????????????
pls don't expose me.
AFTER SEX/MASTERBATION (FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS)
1)BACK NECK PAIN GOES TO DOWN SPINE
2)NERVES LIKE SQUEEZED OUT
3)MORNING FEET NERVES PAIN
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION
7)HIGH SUGAR LEVELS (TRIED INSULIN FOR 1 YEAR MAKE ME MORE SICK

sameer7777

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2011, 04:28:30 PM »
i have been suffering from this desease when i was 18 and now i am 40
the only thing which helps me is vitamin b complex injections ..............e
at the age of 18 i went to a neurosurgeon which i think was angel for me
i was looking for him now adays but could not find him , at that time i went to him and told him that after masterbation i get stiff head and weakness and all the stuff he told me at that time mastrebation is okay nothing happening from materbation , but he gave me vit b complex injections ... which hellps me magically and still helping me but when i take these orally it does not help me at all ... dont know why

any way i am looking for the meds in my country could not find it yet
i want to try vit 3 niacin but could not find it ,
ONE thing if i could sleep good which is not happening with me since 18 my pois gets low ..... the night i have O is okay to sleep
but the night which comes after i mean the 2nd night of day 1 O is bad very Bad i cant sleep
any of you help me plssssssssssssss
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

sameer7777

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2011, 04:41:13 PM »
pls advice in my area only 500 mg niacin is available so guide me pls
its from GNC and it also say No flush what is NO FLUSH NIACIN pls guide ???????????????
pls reply ASAP !!!!!!
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

mellivora

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2011, 05:35:57 PM »
Hi Sameer,

No flush niacin might be 'nicotinamide' (also known as niacinamide) or it might be 'inositol hexanicotinate' (it probabl;y says one of these in the ingredients on the side of the container).

Niacin that causes flushing is usually nicotinic acid (which is what most people here have tried).

Put simply, it is believed that the Niacin flush that can be experienced when the flushing type is taken, is a result of vasodilation (ie blood vessels getting wider (temporarily) to let more blood through. This might cause temporary redness of the skin, a feeling similar to sun burn in the skin and prickly sensation (especially in the head in my experience). 'No flush' niacin usually avoids this effect.

One or two people here have found that taking the 'no flush' types helps relieve symptoms. Others have successfully used the flushing types (for which doses in mg are smaller).

Its not known yet whether flushing niacin is better than non-flushing niacin for relieving POIS symptoms.

In cases where Niacin seems to have been successful in relieving POIS symptoms, it has been taken around 40mins to 2 hours before orgasm.

The 'no flush' niacin you describe may or may not work. There is no weay of knowing without trying it. However, given that you have previously reported here that you may have diabetes which you may or may not be taking medication for, I would advise you to ask your doctor about taking Niacin of any type before you do so. I don't know if it is dangerous for diabetics but it would be sensible to find out from your doctor before trying it,

I hope that helps.

sameer7777

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2011, 06:36:37 PM »
Thankful soo much for ur reply
No I am not taking any meds for diabetes as it's not helping me
So what do you say which niacin should I try ???
Did you read my history of vitamin b injections ???
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

sameer7777

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2011, 09:40:01 AM »
Here niacin is available in 250 mg separate and with complex b it's 50 mg please message me as ap
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

sameer7777

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2011, 09:43:33 AM »
I was feeling very down just now so I check my random glucose level it came 180 which is not too high now tell me what to do should I check my blood pressure I could sleep last night cause of some stress I think Inam depressed which anti depression should I Try please guide me guys I am going for niacin and b complex and fermi Greek to Gnc shop and buy it
Guys should I buy some sleep aid from Gnc please answer asap
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

sameer7777

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2011, 09:44:33 AM »
I was feeling very down just now so I check my random glucose level it came 180 which is not too high now tell me what to do should I check my blood pressure I could sleep last night cause of some stress I think Inam depressed which anti depression should I Try please guide me guys I am going for niacin and b complex and fermi Greek to Gnc shop and buy it
Guys should I buy some sleep aid from Gnc please answer asap
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION