Author Topic: Sexual arousal  (Read 2176 times)

Twp06242014

Sexual arousal
« on: December 13, 2014, 06:22:06 PM »
I want to pose a question and get input.  I have a theory recently that what I perceive to be normal sexual arousal is not actually normal sexual arousal.  It occurred to me when I felt what can only be described as an "itch" to masturbate recently, which is not the norm for me, and this reminded me of what I used to feel when I was younger.  Nowadays I just masturbate as routine, or because I get erections, or out of boredom basically.  I feel the pressure buildup in my penis and I experience a climax, but I don't get a truly satisfying orgasm and rush in my head like I remember getting many years ago.  I remember when I was younger and POIS-free, that "itch" was much stronger and the orgasm was much more satisfying, presumably because there was genuine sexual desire and an ability to actually satisfy it.

My theory is that what we perceive as Sexual Arousal (horniness) may not actually be normal sexual arousal.  It seems to me that we when we are NOT in POIS, we are really just at a normal baseline (low sexual arousal). And so when we have an ejaculation/orgasm from that low baseline, it plunges us into the illness symptoms.   We should not be having any ejaculation/orgasm if we do not truly have that genuinely strong itch for orgasm.

To test this theory, I have noticed that sometimes when I feel the need or desire to ejaculate/orgasm, if I just drink water, or exercise, or do something to vasodilate the blood vessels, it seems to eliminate temporarily what I thought was that urge to masturbate, indicating to me that the sensation I was feeling was not true sexual arousal, but rather some other lack of restraint mixed with an erection. 

I am not sure what is required to go from Non-POIS, Non-Sexual Arousal baseline into Non-POIS Sexual Arousal.  Obviously just trying to abstain for a long time is not usually enough although it does help sometimes.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 06:26:18 PM by Twp06242014 »

FloppyBanana

Re: Sexual arousal
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 07:15:53 PM »
Hi TWP,

Welcome. You are delving into the psychology of why we should/shouldn't have sexual activity. Yes, for a normal person there needs to be balance. I wanted to be a monk is my twenties but I couldn't make the complete vow to eliminate sexual activity. I also want to have a family. Even monks fail the lust test in their sleep sometimes. They are not punished like people who have POIS though.

Straight to bottom line. POIS in an involuntary response and none have broken through the realm of overcoming it from put POIS into voluntary control and suppressing it.

A human that wants to have a future which includes natural reproduction needs to regulate sexual function at some point. This is the same POSIers and non-POISers. POISers suffer for reasons not understood. Of course we feel better for doing something that does not involve sexual activity.

Sorry if I am sounding negative here.
FB
30 years of POIS. Mytelase after O with Iceman breathing technique.

Twp06242014

Re: Sexual arousal
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 09:07:28 PM »
I think you misunderstood what I was saying,  Perhaps I did not communicate clearly.  I am not questioning the psychology of why we should have sexual activity or not.  I think pretty much all of us want to have sexual activity and we want to feel sexual arousal and i am not suggesting anyone should become a monk or abstain from sex long term.

My point was just that I have noticed a subtle distinction lately in what I consider to be my own real sexual arousal versus what I may be falsely assuming is sexual arousal most of the time,  What i am saying is that maybe we as POISers actually have very low sexual drive even when we think we have normal or above average sexual drive. 

Another way of saying this is, imagine a scale of normal Horniness 1-10.  Probably a lot of us would easily assume we regularly get above a 5 easily, but what if we are actually around 0 even when we mistakenly think we are at a 5.  So our brain is telling us we are higher than we really are.  Maybe something in our brain or body is not communicating properly and is falsely telling us it is OK to ejaculate/orgasm but when we do our body goes into negative horniness (illness) because we are depleting it when it was not in a healthy state to begin with.

I guess i am just questioning our normal assumption of POIS which is that our "Non POIS" time feels healthy.  Maybe even that is not as healthy as we think, but we have been hypnotized to think it is.