Author Topic: Wikipedia page about POIS in French  (Read 3215 times)

superfrancais

Wikipedia page about POIS in French
« on: November 10, 2014, 02:25:34 PM »
Hi everyone,

FYI I just published a wikipedia page about POIS... in French (accessible from the English one). It is essentially a translation of the English version. It is certainly not perfect but I spent a lot of time trying to get an acceptable quality (I am French, but not a medical doctor).

BTW if some of you are French, don't hesitate to contact me. It would be nice if we could share our experience, for instance with French doctors, etc.

20 years of both mental and physical symptoms after love, chronic fatigue and depression even with abstinence, French (Lyon)

FloppyBanana

Re: Wikipedia page about POIS in French
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 05:48:05 PM »
tres bien! (I'm not French)
30 years of POIS. Mytelase after O with Iceman breathing technique.

superfrancais

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 05:16:56 AM »
FYI I just published a wikipedia page about POIS... in French.

I just added to the French wikipedia page a reference to the term "ejaculation", in the opening paragraph. It may look like a small addition but I think it's very important and that the authors of other the wikipedia pages (for instance the English one) could do the same.

It's not that I am particularly convinced by Waldinger's theory about sperm allergy (more precisely I have reservations about the relevance of his skin test), but I am not a doctor and I have to admit it's the only theory for which a real experiment has been conducted.

But my main motivation in adding the term "ejaculation" is to reach more people. I believe that people looking for an understanding of their condition on internet will more likely search for the keywords "ejaculation illness" than "orgasm illness". At least it was my case.

I take the opportunity of this message to say it would be a good idea to translate the wikipedia page in Spanish because it's a language that is spoken by a very large amount of people that often do not speak English. I cannot do it myself because I don't speak Spanish. If I find the time I'll try to write the Italian wikipedia page in the next months. I don't speak Italian but my girlfriend is from Italy and told me she would help me :-)

20 years of both mental and physical symptoms after love, chronic fatigue and depression even with abstinence, French (Lyon)

Colm

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 07:30:08 AM »
Excellent work SuperFrancais,

I'm from Europe and looked for years online (checking every year or so), assuming no one else had this, before ever finding this site.

As there are millions and millions of guys out there who won't have a level of English to search accurately, the wiki pages are very helpful.

As I mentioned also in a previous post, the power of Google has made it more likely, if someone searches for a specific term, it will be found. This wasn't the case up to a few years ago.