Author Topic: P.O.I.S. Research in Germany wants you!  (Read 790 times)

b0nu5

P.O.I.S. Research in Germany wants you!
« on: April 22, 2024, 05:37:51 AM »
Fellow members of the Poiscenter and also dear passive readers,

my Name is Karsten and I am member of the German P.O.I.S. Telegram Group. I have been lurking in the forum for some time now and this is my first post. Since last August 2023 I am in a treatment for P.O.I.S. by Prof. Dr. Beier (sexual medicine) at Charit? in Berlin. Even though the german P.O.I.S. group is small we managed to create a questionnaire to collect data for a paper that will be published by Prof. Dr. Beier to help increase scientifical interest in Germany towards our illness. We would like to have more data / participants to have a bigger knowledge base, because until now 11 people filled out the questionnaire.

All participation is appriciated while the focus is on german participants. The questionnaire has a german and an english version (see below). It will take around 10mins and is anonymous. If you participate, you agree to that your data can be used in above named research paper.

English version:  https://forms.office.com/r/dP14e0rg9e

German version: https://forms.office.com/r/TNRVKZ5KGb

You can also scan the attached QR-Codes to gain access with your cellphone.

If you have any questions, just write an answer to this post. I appriciate every participation and question. We are all in this together.
(This is a repost, due to trying to get more participants :) )
« Last Edit: May 31, 2024, 02:17:36 AM by b0nu5 »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: P.O.I.S. Research in Germany wants you!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024, 02:23:10 AM »
Testing without referral can be done at IMD Berlin.

Here is an example: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2545.0

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 01:53:00 AM »
Nice!
Thanks for the initiative, fellow Berliner(s) :)

AlternateName

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2024, 09:38:05 AM »
Question: Should/Can you fill this out even if I don't know if it is POIS? (see my recent/only post for details)
Thought I would ask before as I don't want to misconstrue the results.

Also, is Dr. Beier/Berlin the only known German institution where you can get assessed for POIS? Does Dr.Beier perhaps know other doctors in the country who know about POIS or could assess/examine stuff? (I live at the opposite side of Germany, sorry for being offtopic, thought this was the best place to ask...)

b0nu5

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2024, 08:17:36 AM »
Question: Should/Can you fill this out even if I don't know if it is POIS? (see my recent/only post for details)
Thought I would ask before as I don't want to misconstrue the results.

Also, is Dr. Beier/Berlin the only known German institution where you can get assessed for POIS? Does Dr.Beier perhaps know other doctors in the country who know about POIS or could assess/examine stuff? (I live at the opposite side of Germany, sorry for being offtopic, thought this was the best place to ask...)

Dear Alternatename,

Prof. Dr. Beier is doctor at the Charite (sexual medicine), which is welcoming and diagnosing people with those cases in Berlin, but you need to meet him in Person and then he can send you your "recipe" via Mail.

I got diagnosed by Prof. Dr. Krueger of Medizinische Hochschule Hannover via a Zoom-Call, but then went to Prof. Dr. Beier due to me living in Berlin.

I hope that will help you.

Modified: You can mention in your questionaire, that you aren't diagnosed yet :)

greetings and godspeed

« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 11:12:30 AM by b0nu5 »

AlternateName

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2024, 11:36:22 AM »
@b0nu5: thanks for responding, I filled out the questionnaire and left a note in the last text box (it was a bit long though...)

@Muon: Bonn is 4 hours away but that's still 2 hours less than Berlin... thanks for the hint. I had no real luck searching myself, I find mostly old articles, no clinics/doctors

evilspirit

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2024, 05:39:26 AM »
how can i get involved with the study and diagnosis? i am currently living in berlin and of South Asian descent