Author Topic: My Test Results. Which causes/treatments can i rule out?  (Read 269 times)

god.forbid

My Test Results. Which causes/treatments can i rule out?
« on: July 22, 2024, 10:46:26 AM »
Here are the results for a few tests I ran recently (CRP, Total IgE, RF, Complete Blood Count (CBC) with reticulocytes and manual differential, and a Full Liver Panel including autoantibody tests.)

I am not medically literate whatsoever, but I've seen these tests mentioned in other posts as good ways to rule out certain causes.
According to the reference ranges, I got perfect results all across the board.
I'd greatly appreciate if someone more knowledgeable could take a quick look and tell me which causes i don't need to worry about.

The only treatments I've tried were antihistamines and a small supplement stack (SAMe, B complex, NAC) added to my regular supplement regimen.
I got a slight improvement in mood and and my dry mouth went away with the supplements but besides that, I'm still debilitated.
Antihistamine didn't work at all.

I did have a hormone panel done too a few years back but I wouldn't post it here as the results are old and unreliable considering my lifestyle at the time.
I will note that my testosterone and free testosterone are in the healthy range and I had no major hormonal abnormalities.

- Year of Birth: 2002
- Gender/Age: Male / 22 years
- Test Date: 2024-07-09

## CRP Test (Quantitative) - SERUM
- Result: < 1.0 mg/l
- Reference Range: 0 - 5 mg/l

## Total IgE - SERUM
- Result: 62 IU/ml
- Reference Range: Up to 100 IU/ml

## RF Test (Quantitative) - SERUM
- Result: < 20.0 IU/ml
- Reference Range: Up to 30 IU/ml

## Complete Blood Count (CBC) with Reticulocytes and Manual Differential - VENOUS BLOOD (EDTA)

### Red Blood Cell Parameters
- Erythrocytes: 4.73 million/μl (Reference: 4.5 - 5.8)
- Hemoglobin: 14.2 g/dl (Reference: 13.5 - 17)
- Hematocrit: 41.8% (Reference: 40 - 53)
- MCV: 88.4 fl (Reference: 82 - 100)
- MCH: 30.0 pg (Reference: 27 - 31)
- MCHC: 34.0 g/dl (Reference: 31 - 36)
- RDW-CV: 12.8% (Reference: 11.5 - 14)
- RDW-SD: 41.4 fl (Reference: 37 - 50)

### White Blood Cell Parameters
- Leukocytes: 5.10 thousand/μl (Reference: 4.5 - 10.5)
- Neutrophils: 54.5% / 2.78 thousand/μl (Reference: 50-70% / 2.7-6.5)
- Eosinophils: 4.3% / 0.22 thousand/μl (Reference: 1-5% / 0.1-0.5)
- Basophils: 0.4% / 0.02 thousand/μl (Reference: 0-1% / 0-0.1)
- Lymphocytes: 32.2% / 1.64 thousand/μl (Reference: 25-45% / 1.5-3.7)
- Monocytes: 8.4% / 0.43 thousand/μl (Reference: 1-12% / 0.2-0.9)
- Immature Granulocytes: 0.2% / 0.01 thousand/μl (Reference: 0-2.5% / 0-0.03)

### Platelet Parameters
- Platelets: 304 thousand/μl (Reference: 150 - 400)
- PCT: 0.33% (Reference: 0.2 - 0.5)
- MPV: 10.9 fl (Reference: 8 - 12)
- PDW: 13.8% (Reference: 8 - 18)
- P-LCR: 32.8% (Reference: 13 - 43)

### Reticulocytes
- Reticulocytes #: 0.0582 10^6/μl (Reference: 0.02 - 0.1)
- Reticulocytes %: 1.23% (Reference: 0.5 - 2)
- IRF%: 7.3% (Reference: 2 - 17)
- RET-He: 32.8 pg (Reference: 28 - 35)

## Full Liver Panel - SERUM

### Autoantibody Tests
- ANA (IIF): NEGATIVE
  - No antinuclear and anticytoplasmic antibodies detected at 1:100 dilution
- Anti-Smooth Muscle Antibodies (ASMA): NEGATIVE
- Anti-Mitochondrial Antibodies (AMA): NEGATIVE
- Anti-Liver Kidney Microsomal Antibodies (anti-LKM): NEGATIVE
  - No AMA, ASMA, anti-LKM antibodies detected in IgG class at 1:100 dilution

Sisyphus

Re: My Test Results. Which causes/treatments can i rule out?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2024, 05:59:58 AM »
Have you asked your doctor or the lab who did the tests to go through your results?
I can't give you medical advice and like yourself, I just don't have the medical knowledge. If you haven't done so already, I think you're best to ask your doctor about pois and maybe he/she can help.

For my blood tests, I get them done twice, firstly when I have abstained for at least 7 days before and secondly, within 48hrs of ejaculation, when I have pois symptoms. I try to repeat every 6 months to a year. I have to pay a bit for all that but it isn't too bad. If anything comes back out of range, my doctor is sometimes willing to get it retested (ex/ CBC due to low neutrophils in my case).

I think that's a good idea to get hormone levels checked next time and maybe you could get thyroid and some vitamin and mineral levels tested at the same time? Others on the forum might have ideas for other things worth testing.

With pois, I don't think anything can be ruled out because, so far as I know, a general cause of pois remains unknown and there's no known single biomarker to look out for.
I believe that some subgroups of poisers could potentially be identified and grouped together by test data but then again, this could be coincidental  ex/ low testosterone subgroup, low neutrophils subgroup etc.
At the moment, the only two recognised groupings identified by Waldinger et al that I am aware of are primary and secondary pois and I don't have any knowledge of how primary and secondary poisers compare in terms of blood test data (or symptoms,  or anything else). Maybe that's still to be researched or does someone else know more about this?

That's a pity that antihistamines didn't work for you and I hope you find a treatment that helps you beat pois.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2024, 06:23:39 AM by Sisyphus »