Author Topic: Anybody 'feel' when an NE is going to happen?  (Read 2975 times)

Scary sheep

Anybody 'feel' when an NE is going to happen?
« on: November 13, 2018, 01:13:32 PM »
It's a strange feeling to describe, but when I've had two or three good days, sometimes before falling asleep, I have this strange feeling that feeling great can't last. Sometimes I'll lay awake at night holding on to the sense of not being achy, uncomfortable and depressed, somehow knowing that an NE would hit me that night.

It's gotten me thinking, maybe my NE's are a symptom of my anxiety. I tend to get them before important orchestra rehearsals or concerts and when I'm feeling the most stressed or anxious.

Anybody else  experience something like this?
Symptoms last 6-7 days. Onset of muscle weakness after 30 seconds. Symptoms include: brain fog, fatigue, depression, pale skin/dark circles under eyes,  digestive problems, difficulty taking a full breath, irritability. NONE of these are present out of POIS.

BoneBroth

Re: Anybody 'feel' when an NE is going to happen?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 06:36:28 AM »
It's a strange feeling to describe, but when I've had two or three good days, sometimes before falling asleep, I have this strange feeling that feeling great can't last. Sometimes I'll lay awake at night holding on to the sense of not being achy, uncomfortable and depressed, somehow knowing that an NE would hit me that night.

It's gotten me thinking, maybe my NE's are a symptom of my anxiety. I tend to get them before important orchestra rehearsals or concerts and when I'm feeling the most stressed or anxious.

Definitly so. When you go to bed with anxiety or stress (and also with POIS) your dreams are also more wild an dictated. They are steering you in a direction you dont want. I'm battling the same problem but I have a tip that has seemed to have worked since last NE. Three hours before you go to bed, take a 20-min hot bath with 2-5 dl epsom salt (magnesium sulfate). If you dont have that you can use himalaya salt or sea salt (or even better, mix them together then you will benefit from trace minerals), put some calming oil in the bath (lavendel). Try to do some massage on your neck muscles during the bath. Just eat easy-to-digest protein like eggs, whey or avocado those hours, nothing high in carbohydrates/sugar.

After the bath drink some calming tea (Chamomile) and dont use your computer or smartphone (after all what is worst, to have NE or to see the reaction of your last FB post?). You could watch TV but nothing excitable like debates, action, thriller or horror.

The best thing is to watch a nature documentary (plan for one already earlyer the same day). That will fill your mind and dreams with calming nature sceenes. The things we do the hours before we go to bed tends to pop up in the dreams. If you wake up early in the morning and feels like its ok to go up,  dont try to fall a sleep again!. It will just put you in a light pro-dream sleep. Also stay away from every sexual stimuli you possible can during the whole day and replace it with other completely diffrent things like nature, sports, hobbies etc. The technic to ween off such thoughts is probably the most single important factor for NE.

Actually it will also help if you plan for everything else in your nightly routine long before you go to bed (make you bed, decide what to read etc) so going to bed is not associated with any practical matters.

Also take some magnesium/calcium supplement just before going to bed. I also sleep well with a 500 mg Vitamin C. It feels like the body needs that during the healing process.

If you have problems to fall a sleep. Get a lot of sun in the day and have a walk in the nature . Read something when you go to bed, but nothing complicated. Keep cool and 100% dark in the bedroom. Place a thermometer at your nightstand and notice in what temperature you sleep best and dream less. For me its important that the temperature is never over 22 degrees celcius. Dont use synthetic bed clothes, use only cotton blankets that you can add or remove as your body temeperature changes.

If this would not work there is a technic called TFT or EFT (or even hypnhosis though I havn't tryed that yet) that you can use to avoid uncontrolled thoughts. They could be learned at home or better, visit a therapist to get a hang of it.

Last tip. During the day, eat a vegetable gratin with red beets and other root crops. It will raise our saliva/urine pH even during the night and that has a very soothing effect. Red beets are also very good for the liver and blood vessels.

Give me feedback if you tryed any of this!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 04:29:00 AM by BoneBroth »

Scary sheep

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 03:51:45 PM »
I would love to try a lot of that, but unfortunately my tiny NYC apartment only has a shower. I'll try a hot shower at night and a cup of lavender or chamomile tea. I agree with not falling asleep again. I can't count how many times I've woken up at 5 am only to wake up to an NE an hour later. I'm gonna see a therapist next week to hopefully discuss my issues and explore my options. I'll have to switch from Skyrim to nature documentaries, but I've been meaning to catch up on blue planet anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions! These are good ideas. It seems like a lot of this forum is obsessed with supplements and homeopathy, which I am not about.
Symptoms last 6-7 days. Onset of muscle weakness after 30 seconds. Symptoms include: brain fog, fatigue, depression, pale skin/dark circles under eyes,  digestive problems, difficulty taking a full breath, irritability. NONE of these are present out of POIS.

BoneBroth

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 05:58:25 PM »
I'll have to switch from Skyrim to nature documentaries, but I've been meaning to catch up on blue planet anyway.

Skyrim might very well be a NE-factor. Computergames are extreemly brain activating! You have to take decisions every second. A hot shower is probably better then nothing. Good luck!

BoneBroth

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 09:45:59 AM »
User Rinat asked for my diet. I'm trying to eat more cholesterol rich foods plus more fruit and greens but I' am still experimenting. Here are my current food strategies and tips:

For breakfast, a testosterone booster: Coconut oil, whey protein, walnuts, blueberries, maca powder, ashwaghanda (I stopped ashwaghanda because I was tested allergic to that, but it is a great testosterone booster), pumpkin seeds.

Vegetable gratin reciepe: Shop up equal amounts of sweet potatoe, paprica, zuccini, augergine and red beets in about one centimeter squares. Add some cloves of garlic. Place it in a form and put it in the oven for an hour in 175 degrees celcius. The last ten minutes, take it out and add olive oil and thyme. Put it back in the oven for the last 10 minutes. Then ready to eat! You can store it in the fridge for 1-2 days.

Supplements, three times a day: zink, magnesium, selenium, multivitamn/mineral, omega 3/6/9, probiotica, Q10, digestive enzymes to each meal, red beet/lingonberry juice between meals (for the blood vessels).

Have three short walks every day, every 3-4 hours. Change between running and walking to exercise the heart. Swing your arms. Swimming is also a very good alternative.
Every other day: Exercise with weights, do some 10-15 diffrent exercises. This boost testosterone as well.

marrtintintin

• Following @Iwillbeatthis blue print for curin pois
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2024, 11:14:26 AM »

Definitly so. When you go to bed with anxiety or stress (and also with POIS) your dreams are also more wild an dictated. They are steering you in a direction you dont want. I'm battling the same problem but I have a tip that has seemed to have worked since last NE. Three hours before you go to bed, take a 20-min hot bath with 2-5 dl epsom salt (magnesium sulfate). If you dont have that you can use himalaya salt or sea salt (or even better, mix them together then you will benefit from trace minerals), put some calming oil in the bath (lavendel). Try to do some massage on your neck muscles during the bath. Just eat easy-to-digest protein like eggs, whey or avocado those hours, nothing high in carbohydrates/sugar.

After the bath drink some calming tea (Chamomile) and dont use your computer or smartphone (after all what is worst, to have NE or to see the reaction of your last FB post?). You could watch TV but nothing excitable like debates, action, thriller or horror.

The best thing is to watch a nature documentary (plan for one already earlyer the same day). That will fill your mind and dreams with calming nature sceenes. The things we do the hours before we go to bed tends to pop up in the dreams. If you wake up early in the morning and feels like its ok to go up,  dont try to fall a sleep again!. It will just put you in a light pro-dream sleep. Also stay away from every sexual stimuli you possible can during the whole day and replace it with other completely diffrent things like nature, sports, hobbies etc. The technic to ween off such thoughts is probably the most single important factor for NE.

Actually it will also help if you plan for everything else in your nightly routine long before you go to bed (make you bed, decide what to read etc) so going to bed is not associated with any practical matters.

Also take some magnesium/calcium supplement just before going to bed. I also sleep well with a 500 mg Vitamin C. It feels like the body needs that during the healing process.

If you have problems to fall a sleep. Get a lot of sun in the day and have a walk in the nature . Read something when you go to bed, but nothing complicated. Keep cool and 100% dark in the bedroom. Place a thermometer at your nightstand and notice in what temperature you sleep best and dream less. For me its important that the temperature is never over 22 degrees celcius. Dont use synthetic bed clothes, use only cotton blankets that you can add or remove as your body temeperature changes.

If this would not work there is a technic called TFT or EFT (or even hypnhosis though I havn't tryed that yet) that you can use to avoid uncontrolled thoughts. They could be learned at home or better, visit a therapist to get a hang of it.

Last tip. During the day, eat a vegetable gratin with red beets and other root crops. It will raise our saliva/urine pH even during the night and that has a very soothing effect. Red beets are also very good for the liver and blood vessels.

Give me feedback if you tryed any of this!

Hi @bonebroth thank you so much for your detailed plan on how to avoid NE. It is really so helpful to see that other people have the same problema.
I feel that a NE is coming when i feel tension in my right lower back, nd this is usually also comes with bad digestion, idk which one comes first….
*Btw, I just found this topic because i am researching epson salts for gallbladder detox from gallstones. I am following @Iwillbeathis blueprint on how to end pois (he did). His findings make a lot of sense, and he seems to point out the gall bladder as the main culprit.
Epsom salts are mentioned in this protocol to detox from gallstones: https://livingthelifeportugal.com/blog-1/liver-and-gallbladder-cleanse
But they also seem to be helpful for digestion and for getting enough magnesium intake “Epsom salt can be taken by mouth as a magnesium supplement or as a laxative. Though there are no official guidelines for how much you should take, many brands recommend taking 2–6 tsp (10–30 g) per day, dissolved in water, as a maximum for adults, or around 1–2 tsp (5–10 g) for children.”
« Last Edit: September 16, 2024, 11:20:27 AM by marrtintintin »
Thank you community! I am no longer alone, with “unreal” symptoms.
I have hypothyroidism & constipation (toilet every 3 days or more). Worst constipations = more pois, & lots of mucus in the stools, or just mucus coming out.
Solutions: testing Urine therapy by John W. armstrong & @Iwillbeatthis