Author Topic: Healthcare system for chronic diseases is a joke  (Read 1292 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Healthcare system for chronic diseases is a joke
« on: January 31, 2024, 11:23:53 AM »
These type of patients need to be followed over a longer period of time. Data from other patients needs to be compared as well without compromising privacy. One size fits all approach doesn't work. Doctors seem to have trouble dealing with clusters of symptoms affecting multiple systems and their dynamics (I can imagine). I encountered more than one doctor complaining to me about the healthcare system off the record; lack of time per patient in general, profit system of seeing a patient not more than an X amount of times otherwise profit comes into jeopardy. It's not efficient. However, governments seem to have unlimited money for war economies and for sending people into meat grinders though. Rant out.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Healthcare system for chronic diseases is a joke
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 08:31:19 PM »

…governments seem to have….

Rant out.

Thank you.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 12:29:41 PM »
Well, at least, you have healthcare.  Look at the situation in many countries, like Venezuela, or almost any country in Africa, and many poor countries - they don't have healthcare at all, or almost none.  Even in the USA, poor people have very, very basic public coverage. 

Humanity is NOT an evolved civilization.  We still, as a species, prefer war to compassion.  This will change over decades, if not centuries, and one individual at a time.  You and I will have left by then, so for now, we have to keep our expectations at a reasonable level.

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

less_fogged

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2024, 04:52:28 PM »
Sadly we can only imagine how many people living with POIS or other chronic illnesses left to their own lot in most countries.
But I also wonder how many, especially who are members on this site who have seen improvements with being better recognized over the years with their POIS and managing to get some social benefits or advantages eventually recognized!?

I personally feel it is unreasonable to work on a normal full time job with this illness. In my case it had gradually made me feel like I was building up mental health issues over the years as I got older, and so rather doing parttime when possible.

I'm sure thanks to this website including since NSF days some of us must be better off regarding recognition.

NSF= "POIS naked science forum" for those that don't know about it