Author Topic: Avascular Necrosis (AVN) = Severe POIS Symptoms  (Read 1092 times)

sombertrace

Avascular Necrosis (AVN) = Severe POIS Symptoms
« on: January 11, 2024, 08:39:03 PM »
Hello,

I discovered this website a few years ago and have some pretty interesting information to share. According to the list of POIS types, I would say that I had either a 1 or 7, or some degree of both. My symptoms were horrific, but to clarify they included brain fog (difficulty thinking and slow response time), impaired memory, headache, physical fatigue (low energy level), runny nose (cold symptoms), insomnia, stiffness and pain in muscles and joints, severe anxiety, suicidal thoughts, flu-like symptoms for around 3-5 days plus bed ridden. Would finally feel normalish after 7 days. If I abstained 2 weeks then much stronger.

To give some history I will try to make it quick. I was an alcoholic by age 16. That lasted 20 years till I got sober at 36. I was in a nearly fatal car accident at age 18 where I flew out of the driver side window about 100 yards (football field). I only had a concussion, no broken bones etc. However the traumatic experience started to show it's wrath later in life. Around my mid 30's I started feeling quite dreadful everyday. One day out bowling I felt a slight twinge in my right hip. Soon the pain worsened and I had it X-rayed by my Chiropractor (big mistake). They found nothing. Long story short 7 years later I had a CT scan on my stomach because of stomach pains. My stomach appeared fine but the doctor ranted on about Avascular Necrosis in both of my hips, and my right hip had completely collapsed. There was no cartilage, just bone on bone. I then went to an Orthopedic Surgeon who indeed confirmed my condition and said the only remedy was a full hip replacement, as the tissue around my hip was dead. And once tissue dies, it does not come back to life like Frankenstein.

The strangest and quite possibly the most life changing experience then happened. Once I had the 1st hip replaced I noticed that my POIS symptoms were almost cut by 80%. I had never linked the two, nor can I find anywhere on the internet that suggests these two subjects are related. Since you cannot do hips back to back I had to wait another year for my left hip. I had the other hip replaced end of last year and now I do not have POIS whatsoever. I will say that I am on the AIP (Auto-Immune Protocol) and I was B12 deficient. So these could play a big role in the recovery as well, since Niacin did help some when I had POIS before my surgeries.

Has anyone else even heard of this before? Has anyone who has severe POIS even checked to see if they have AVN in their hips? AVN can be caused by a number of different factors but some include Alcoholism, Steroids, Severe Traumatic Events, other underlying conditions.

They say it takes years for AVN to develop, and even when present it is nearly undetectable the 1st year in an X-ray. To know for sure you should see an experienced Orthopedic Surgeon, as many doctors don't even know what AVN is, let alone POIS.

While there are several different types of POIS, it would make sense that dead tissue would cause the body to react in an awful way. The hips are close to the groin.

Think of a pristine river where clean water runs smoothly. Now toss a dead rodent into it, what happens? It contaminates the water. The body is no different.

Feel free to reach out if you want more information or have anything to share. I have been working on my health issues for over 25 years, and while I still have a long way to go, I am POIS free now.

Quantum

• Administrator
Re: Avascular Necrosis (AVN) = Severe POIS Symptoms
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 11:30:47 PM »
Very interesting story, sombertrace, thanks for sharing it :)

It is quite new, never heard of a similar POIS case.  But all the toxins that would have been produced by the presence of dying tissues were probably causing for sure a lot of inflammation and immune reactions, and this seems to be at play in many POIS cases.
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Hopeoneday

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2024, 03:00:05 PM »
Hi Sombertrace, wery intresting.

Did you take antibiotics after, during hips replacemants?
(wich type, name of it if you did?)
When did you start AIP diet, when did you reslove b12 defiency?

I can tell that in the past id did had 5-6 pois episodes where
"pois" inflamation atacked my hip yoints, i tought in that time
that i will lose them from inflamation. Then i went on GlutenF diet
and taking a lot of warious supplments and it was reslowed, now
i dont hawe hips inflamation.
A lot of poisers reported yoint pain in pois!

Dr-pois.

sombertrace

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2024, 09:18:35 PM »
Hi Hope,

No anti-biotics when getting the hips replaced. I started the AIP Diet beginning of last year (January 2023), so it's now been about a year. I was referred to a FB Group called Understanding B12 deficiency a few months after I started the AIP Diet (March 2023). I am still on the RnB Protocol as it is called. I will probably be on it for the rest of my life to some extent. I know people do not promote websites etc on here but Dr. Gregory Russell-Jones, PhD, a biochemist, is the one who has found a breakthrough in activating B12 via B2 via Iodine-Selenium-Molybdenum. Most people in the United States and all over the world are somewhat B12 deficient. It is believed that the soil and the foods we eat are just not saturated with the nutrients like they were 50 years ago. I also believe that Gluten like many other foods have been genetically modified to the point where sensitive people simply cannot tolerate it. Gluten in crops/foods acts as a filler, preservative but also a pesticide. Rotting out the insides of any insect who tries to digest it. Imagine what is does to humans? Well for me it was horrific panic attacks.  ???

I will say it is definitely all about inflammation (as I am sure you know), and the vagus nerve theory is probably accurate to some extent. However I know that my Vagus nerve has been severely damaged, yet I somehow do not have POIS after getting both hips replaced. I do still have bad stomach issues and the AIP diet is brutal (but necessary). When I started the RnB Protocol I was on about a dozen supplements because my OAT (Organics Acids Test) showed I was deficient in Vitamin C, Magnesium, Potassium, B2, B12 and so on. Once the body starts to methylate properly you no longer need these supplements, takes a long time though and everyone is different. But I will probably need I-Se-Mo, B2 and B12 for life, as it is almost impossible to get it through Diet alone.