Author Topic: Astaxanthin  (Read 2962 times)

b_jim

Astaxanthin
« on: February 09, 2012, 02:59:27 AM »
Astaxanthin tests:

I had sometimes good Pois reduction with fish especially salmon but not with omega-3 caps. So maybe something else present in fish may explain this effect.
I decide to try astaxanthin caps. Astaxanthin is the pink pigment of salmon and some sea foods (lobster...).
It's supposed to have anti-inflammatory activity that's why we made the hypothesis it can reduce Pois symptoms (cf Mellirova's topic)

tests :
Astaxanthin 4mg from futurebiotics
30 caps. I will made 10 test with 3 caps taken before orgasm (Day -1 and Day 0 one hour before).
Mellirova's graphics show a reduction of inflammaory factors (PGE-2, TNF-Alpha, NO and IL-1 ) for different dose. Minimum 1mg per kilo.
So my 12mg per orgasm tests are 20% of this.
Maybe I will double the dose later.

Feb the 8th :
My Pois symptoms were very light. Very light flu-like symptoms 2-3 hours after orgasm. I take normal carbs. But the good point is no post-prandial inflammation which is usual in my Pois (I usually feel "hot flash" 1/2 hour after meal in Pois. Carbs and junk foods increase a lot thi effect and if I reduce it, my Pois lenght is very reduced). Good sleep and few cognition symptoms.
[The weather is cold in Europe and so I feel very sensible to temperature during Pois. I think the sufferers talking about vasodilation effect are right.]
I think this 1st test is positive.

Feb the 14 th
Second test and start SLIT at the same time. Only took 2 caps (forgot one). Few flu-like symptoms.
Feel GOOD. No post-prandial inflammation. I can have moderate activity. 15 km of cycling this morning. I took normal carbs for lunch but no carbs yersterday. We'll see how i will sleep.  I think I will make a 2nd test this week.
Good sleep and another 15km of cycling with a good stamina ! Amazing for a day 1.
2nd test is positive.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 02:38:59 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois