Author Topic: Best supplements to combat post NE reduced quality of sleep & fatigue?  (Read 4960 times)

Iamnobodi

Any suggestions on best supplements to combat post NE reduced quality of sleep & waking up feeling like you've been run over by a bus (i.e. severe fatigue)

I was thinking taking a relaxant like xanax immediately NE, so that hopefully you can fall back to sleep fast and quality of sleep is not reduced by that much.

Any ideas?

Macster

Hi Iam,

I am getting good results with melatonin. I take a small amount after NE and also take very small quantities during the next day. It removes some of the brain fog for me and it seems it is a powerful antiinflammatory (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3001216/) so I think it may help in calming the cytokine storm from the POIS 'attack'. If you try it, let me know how it affects you.
Symptoms since I'm 15 y o, hair loss, muscle twitches, brain fog, anxiety, low confidence, stuffy nose, itchy eyes and skin, sensitive to temperature change, loud heartbeat. I currently use 5-htp and SAM-e.

Iamnobodi

Thanks bro. Will try Melatonin after NE next time!

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Melatonin's helped me with jet lag, first night of arrival, to aid sleep.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Iamnobodi

I unfortunately had NE again last night - I took the melatonin straight after. I felt it didn't help much with my quality of sleep...but feel a little less shit today.

Iamnobodi

Actually I felt shit at first that could just be due to that feeling when you wake up, but I feel quite fresh atm. Must be due to the melatonin which improved my quality of sleep and somehow combatted some POIS response to the NE.

Macster

Nice that's good to hear. It's similar to what I'm feeling with melatonin. Also during the next day if symptoms seem to creep back I take a bit more melatonin. Keep me updated on what it does for you!
Symptoms since I'm 15 y o, hair loss, muscle twitches, brain fog, anxiety, low confidence, stuffy nose, itchy eyes and skin, sensitive to temperature change, loud heartbeat. I currently use 5-htp and SAM-e.

demografx

• Administrator
Agree with Macster & demo, I used to take diphenhydramine often for sleeping in general, but have mostly switched to just a melatonin sup because the former makes it harder for me to wake up in the morning. Not to mention I read something that says diphenhydramine might cause dementia, so yeah. Good luck Iam, let us know what works. :)

Prancer, if you're referring to Benadryl-type "sup", it works for me in getting to sleep.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 07:34:23 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Prancer

Indeed I am demo, it works great for me too, sometimes a little too much if I take it late. Upon waking up I sometimes feel very tired though. If I don't feel sleepy enough before bed I take it, but have recently switched to the melatonin sup (hey, sup!) because it doesn't quite cause me the same tired "hangover" in the morning. Of course, there are plenty of other tricks to try, such as drink tea and relaxing before bed. ZzZzZ

demografx

• Administrator
Indeed I am demo, it works great for me too, sometimes a little too much if I take it late. Upon waking up I sometimes feel very tired though. If I don't feel sleepy enough before bed I take it, but have recently switched to the melatonin sup (hey, sup!) because it doesn't quite cause me the same tired "hangover" in the morning. Of course, there are plenty of other tricks to try, such as drink tea and relaxing before bed. ZzZzZ

ZzZzZ :)

Have great dreams, Prancer! (But no NE!!!!)

« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 10:43:15 PM by demografx »