Author Topic: Anyone have their Gallbladder Removed?  (Read 6839 times)

serotonergic

Anyone have their Gallbladder Removed?
« on: January 08, 2016, 12:37:15 PM »
Just out of curiosity, have anyone of you had your gallbladder removed?  I had mine taken out at the age of 12 which is around the same time that I started experiencing POIS symptoms.  I have been doing a lot of research regarding the Vagus nerve and how it is influenced by the gallbladder.  Maybe there is some kind of connection?

b_jim

Re: Anyone have their Gallbladder Removed?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 04:18:20 PM »
I always had a "small", weak gallbadder. With jaundice, digestive problems, low fat absorbtion... 
And taurine seems to help me with these symptoms (and helps A LOT against Pois.)
Taurine = Anti-Pois

serotonergic

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 06:32:31 PM »
How do you know that your gallbladder is small and weak?  Did you have any tests done?  If so, which one(s)?

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 07:47:58 PM »

...taurine seems to help me with these symptoms (and helps A LOT against Pois.)

b_jim, do you have a POIS-taurine theory or a post you can link us to?

Thank you,
demo

« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 08:12:31 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 10:39:52 PM »
I didn't have my gallbladder removed, but I have a very sluggish liver, so I cannot eat large portions, unless I will experiment drowsiness and heaviness.  My hepatic metabolism being slow, I also have a hard time with alcohol - only one or two glasses of alcohol will send me to sleep.

About taurine, it is known for being good for liver function ( for example, see http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22918604 )
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

b_jim

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 05:08:32 PM »
How do you know that your gallbladder is small and weak?  Did you have any tests done?  If so, which one(s)?

I don't know the english translation for "crise de foie" (liver's indigestion), which is in fact a problem with gallbladder and not the liver.  You know : when you eat too much chocolate and you have abdominal pain(in my case : chestnuts, fats, white wine too...).
I don't have tests for this, except lipase abnormal levels (double of the normal high value).
"Small gallbladder" wasn't correct, I would say "lazy gallbladder".

b_jim, do you have a POIS-taurine theory or a post you can link us to?
As Quantum said, taurine is good for liver and especially gallbladder. Because taurine stimulates bile and helps to digest and absorb fats. My cholesterol levels was under low limit. But my recent bloodtest show a normal level of total T and high DHEA level, dispite a low-limit Free T level . So, I think taurine may helps Pois by another way.
Taurine don't help with the first Pois symptoms. Just after orgasm , I feel cold :) .

My symptoms improved with taurine :

- no more or much less muscular tremors (all the time and especially after orgasm).
- sleep better (I usually sleep bad Day 0, with restless legs).
- no more or much less cognitive symptoms. My concentraion is clearly much better.
- I can work after orgasm, I don't have muscular weakness. Without taurine, I don't have enough muscles tone, stamina. I have the feeling my legs are "cutted".
- no more hot slashes after eating sugar/carbs in day 0. This is very strange how taurine can help with this. It's like if taurine works with insulin to regulate blood sugar. Very strange, but very nice improvement .

Maybe taurine has a calm down effect on vagus nerve, explaining improvment on all these symptoms.

I was looking for the connection between vagus nerve and immune system and I found this picture :
http://www.implantable-device.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/SetPointMedical.jpg

2 interesting elements :
- vagus nerve activity is linked to Lympho T and macrophage activity (these inflammation mediators are a possible factors on the Waldinger's theory).
- the joint pain connection (on the knees in the picture) which  is a typical symptom for some Poisers.
Then, how can orgasm influence vagus nerve ?

It makes me think to something else....
As you know, there are a much more males than females Poisers.
But, I found an interresting testimony :

http://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/why-do-i-feel-so-tired-after-female-ejaculation?page=1

why do I feel so tired after female ejaculation?

In the past I have only had two experiences with G-Spot orgasm but now with my boyfriend I have been having 3 or 4 each time I almost don't want to have them anymore because they are so draining. I lose alot of fluid and afterward I can hardly move, my arms and legs feel like they weigh a ton, I get dizzy if I do get up, my heart races, I shake terribly, it feels like a hangover directly afterward and throughout the next day. I love being able to have such intense orgasms but the after effects are embarrassing. I drink alot of water, and am in great health...Is there a reason the orgasms deplete my enegry so much? Is there anything I can do to prevent or get over it faster?

First very very interesting point, this woman seems to have Pois ONLY when she have "female ejaculation".

It makes me think to 2 possible explanations for this:

-  Pois is a problem of fluid regeneration (spem for men and sken liquid for women).

- Pois is linked to vagus nerve stimulation after orgasm.  For woman, maybe vagus nerve stimulation by orgasm is much important when she practices this female ejaculation technique by G-Spot stimulation .... etc.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 02:36:52 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 07:11:29 PM »
I have long suspected fluid regeneration to play a role in my POIS.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 08:07:35 PM »
If someone likes the idea of taurine, what is the best way to intake taurine? (I tried Monster, and liked the flavor and the effect).

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 11:38:06 PM »

I don't know the english translation for "crise de foie" (liver's indigestion), which is in fact a problem with gallbladder and not the liver.  You know : when you eat too much chocolate and you have abdominal pain(in my case : chestnuts, fats, white wine too...).
I don't have tests for this, except lipase abnomal levels (double of the normal high value).
"Small gallbladder" wasn't correct, I would say "lazy gallbladder".

Hi b_jim,

I would say that the nearest English term for "crise de foie" may be "biliary colic", https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biliary_colic .  It refers to the gallbladder pain that is felt and supposes the presence of gallstones.

Our liver do naturally contains taurine.  One of its role is to prevent gallstones, and it also works if taurine is taken through diet ( http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4032076 ).

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

b_jim

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 02:23:15 AM »
Thanks Quantum for "biliary colic".
Demo, why not Energy drink but I think it's better to take supplement.
Taurine = Anti-Pois