Author Topic: wiped.  (Read 13286 times)

cornelius

wiped.
« on: July 28, 2011, 08:27:41 AM »
gone.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 09:48:02 AM by cornelius »

Daveman

• Administrator
Re: Seroxat - Not a cure, makes life Easier
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 08:48:48 AM »
So it helps with the premature ejaculation, to the extent that you can have intercourse even without ejaculation.

Obviously then you can have an erection. Or is it even difficult to get an erection.

Not a solution for PE, unless you also require help with depression that POIS brings, but in that case, very useful.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 07:43:09 AM »
Thanks for sharing Cornelius, even though you may have answered the PM already, there are surely others that can use the same information, and always best from someone who's been through it.

Anyways, your precautionary note, very important too, and not just to say it for legal reasons. Each of us is different and has different make-up and needs.

Even though the doctors don't understand POIS, they understand how these medications work, and their side effects and limits. If we don't trust the first part of the doctor's job, finding a diagnosos, we should trust the second part, which is the proper administraton of medications.

If we are set on taking a certain medication, for whatever reason, FIND a doctor who will help control your progress with it. If you go to three and they all feel it's not a good idea, then maybe they're right!

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

sameer7777

• pls send what ever working pls thankyou
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 11:07:58 AM »
Is there any way all can chat ????
pls don't expose me.
AFTER SEX/MASTERBATION (FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS)
1)BACK NECK PAIN GOES TO DOWN SPINE
2)NERVES LIKE SQUEEZED OUT
3)MORNING FEET NERVES PAIN
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION
7)HIGH SUGAR LEVELS (TRIED INSULIN FOR 1 YEAR MAKE ME MORE SICK

sameer7777

• pls send what ever working pls thankyou
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 04:44:34 PM »
I quit seroxat after taking it for 5 days
I don't know but I don't feel good I feel numbness all over my body and more confusion in the morning
I don't know i did right or wrong ???
I need something for my depression any advice
A new thing is I don't feel good watching may be it's my eyes I feel that it takes to focus ESP the nearer things
Take care guys
We should interface on I'm
Guys do something !!!
Sameer
pls don't expose me.
AFTER SEX/MASTERBATION (FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS)
1)BACK NECK PAIN GOES TO DOWN SPINE
2)NERVES LIKE SQUEEZED OUT
3)MORNING FEET NERVES PAIN
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION
7)HIGH SUGAR LEVELS (TRIED INSULIN FOR 1 YEAR MAKE ME MORE SICK

Green

Re: Seroxat / Paxil - DO NOT TAKE IT
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 10:38:55 AM »
The above post really struck me, I have also been going through a similar thing since starting Seroxat.

I attempted suicide over the summer and was living on the edge, mentally, negating the effects of POIS, changes that happened to me were, amongst others;

Increased risk taking
Paranoia
Agoraphobia - to the point I couldn't leave my room or pick up the phone
24-7 Suicidal thoughts
Agitation/Quivering
Anger
Increased trigger points
Psychotoc behavior

Irrtional actions

Hearing Voices

I'm not sure if Seroxat could be at fault entirely, but I didn't have the majority of the above to the same extent, I'm having to resort to cutting to cope atm.

Green

Re: Seroxat / Paxil - DO NOT TAKE IT
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 12:10:41 PM »
The above post really struck me, I have also been going through a similar thing since starting Seroxat.

I attempted suicide over the summer and was living on the edge, mentally, negating the effects of POIS, changes that happened to me were, amongst others;

Increased risk taking
Paranoia
Agoraphobia - to the point I couldn't leave my room or pick up the phone
24-7 Suicidal thoughts
Agitation/Quivering
Anger
Increased trigger points
Psychotoc behavior

Irrtional actions

Hearing Voices

I'm not sure if Seroxat could be at fault entirely, but I didn't have the majority of the above to the same extent, I'm having to resort to cutting to cope atm.

I cannot recommend to you any more strongly that you should consider discontinuing taking Seroxat.
I would say "seek medical advice", but honestly I was completely failed by my GP and psychiatrist who put me on it.

Paxil is the US name for Seroxat, and I am using the following guide to get off it completely (slowly, slowly ... )
http://www.paxilprogress.org/pdf/Paxil-Withdrawal-Guide-2005.pdf

I was on 60mg, which completely ruined my life (even beyond where I was beforehand). I told my psychiatrist that I wanted to come off it, and he told me to go to 40mg for two weeks, then 20mg for two weeks, then off it completely. This was fine until the 20mg -> 0 shift, and I have indescribably awful withdrawal. I found sources online which describe going from 10mg -> 0 as "going cold turkey", and being awful. I concluded that my psychiatrist really doesn't know what he's doing, in that he gave me the stuff in the first place, and set a reduction timetable that seems completely wrong, having read about it a lot now. 

I wish you every success. Life is so much better for me now than it was a month ago. Indescribably better. Hang in there.

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm in a tough situation, I keep on thinking, things could be worse... but that keeps on amplyfying. I don't have a GP atm and my Psychiatrist has a total disbelief in POIS even though I am a patient of Dr. Goldmeier and in loose terms I have a letter from him, he believes it to be a hyer-sensitisation of the autonomic nervous system giving an exaggerated system response, but no clues were given how to solve this...

It's tiring and tough, POIS is not the only health issue I have, I am currently abstaining and, unfortunately cutting my arms to cope, anti-depressants give me the urge to self harm, I cannot help it, I find myself to be in a psychotic state all too easily.

I find myself with POIS sufferring from hypersenstivity to medicines, it usually only take a small amount, usually less than the recommneded amount to get the desired effect from the medicine. I think in your case 60mg was whey too much, resulting in those symptoms, that's an instainable dose, unless you're quite large. I've been on all sorts of anti-depressants, going on them and coming off them is always the tough part. when I come off Seroxat I feel a zapping type of pain in my arms and eyes.

Life is tough as hell with POIS...but with Seroxat atleast I can abstain for extremely long periods of time and can control the urge and have more power over my will, so I'm going to stick with it for the time being, otherwise I get racing thoughts and suffer from GAD also.