Author Topic: Success with Desensitization Treatment  (Read 3863 times)

pois1

• Lab1
Success with Desensitization Treatment
« on: March 16, 2015, 10:29:46 AM »
I've been getting the allergy shot desensitization treatment from Dr. David Reznick in the NY Hudson Valley area.  I'm starting to see some significant improvements already.  I'm only a few months into it and have a few more to go before I start with the maintenance period (full concentration).  One thing I liked about his treatment plan is he's got me on a similar time schedule as any other allergy.  The ramp-up time to the maintenance period isn't being drawn out over years in an overly-cautious approach.  I'm getting the POIS and another allergen treatment done at the same time and on a similar schedule.  I've also been able to take my allergy bottles with me every few months, whenever I get a new bottle with a higher concentration.  That means I don't have to go to see him every week in NY; I can continue my weekly injections with my local allergist.  While I've found that most allergists don't want to deal with POIS, many are willing to give you the shots if another allergist is making the bottles that you take with you.  I've also had some luck with urgent care centers whenever I travel.

FloppyBanana

Re: Success with Desensitization Treatment
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 02:38:41 AM »
HI POIS1,

Did you have semen skin prick test and if so what were the results? How long have you been having the shots?
FB
30 years of POIS. Mytelase after O with Iceman breathing technique.

Clycos

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 05:04:08 PM »
Hey POIS 1

Great news! Please keep us posted!

pois1

• Lab1
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 01:03:43 PM »
FloppyBanana,

I had both the skin prick test and subcutaneous test a few years ago.  Both came back positive.  I haven't been retested since.  I started the shots I think in the early fall.  I didn't have shots for almost two months and started again in early February.  Dr. R started me out a 1:1000, I believe that it was .05ml, then went gradually up to 1.0, then switched to 1:100 at .05ml.  I started seeing results around .3ml which was a few weeks ago.  The plan I think is to go up to 1:10.

Defsync

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 12:40:28 AM »
im curious as to specifically what you mean by results. Like, how often do you orgasm?

pois1

• Lab1
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 02:13:56 PM »
Defsyncl,

I used to have symptoms for a few days, now most are finished within a day.  Also, the worst symptom, feeling acutely sick, has almost completely gone away.  What I'm left with are some cognitive effects and some general malaise.  I O about once a week.