Author Topic: The Post-Orgasm First Aid Kit  (Read 2082 times)

LegatoMan

The Post-Orgasm First Aid Kit
« on: August 09, 2014, 10:18:26 AM »
Hey folks,

no time, long read. Long time, no read! Ach. Brain frog sucks. Brain frog. Fog.

As you might guess, I am a couple of hours into Day 1, with all the classic symptoms. Everyone knows how shitty it is to be in this situation, and no one really knows how to help themselves, aside from "waiting it out". Obviously, talking about a permanent cure in this thread is out of the question. But I'm talking about symptomatic, temporary fixes to help you get through the day when you feel especially helpless!

How about everyone posts their favourite "First Aid measures" for the immediate aftermath of an orgasm.
I want to compile a list for anyone who happens to be browsing the forums in a foggy POIS stupor, and needs help quick!

Here are mine:

3) Keep drinking plenty of water, and take vitamin C (or eat some fruit). This helps prevent my whole metabolism from shutting down.

2) Go outside and get some exercise. Even just walking in the park for 10 minutes is good. This helps remind your pineal gland what time it is, and adjusts your body clock to the sun. All too often, the depression and social anxiety causes us to lock ourselves up in our dark rooms, further "flattening" our sense of time and reinforcing our impression that we can't get anything done.

1) Be kind to yourself, right now. This is really key for me (and I'm still struggling with it). You have to accept that POIS is a real disease that compromises your abilities, and it's not your fault you have it. Also, if you can, make that clear to the people around you. DON'T accept extra work during this time, just because you're too polite to say 'no'. POIS is hard enough *without* the guilt and performance pressure. View your POIS hangover like a fever that you need to be nursed through. I like to pick out things that are fun to do, but don't require much mental effort, like eating chocolate while watching my favourite sitcom, playing video games, or drawing while listening to music.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 10:28:14 AM by LegatoMan »
Affected since Sept 2008. Very gradual onset of symptoms: Testicular atrophy, low libido, brain fog, lethargy, depression, digestion issues. Worsening of all symptoms the 3-4 days post orgasm.

Suppertime

Re: The Post-Orgasm First Aid Kit
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 02:13:33 PM »
Great tips.

I do similarly. I would drink A LOT of water, and then lift weights from my room. I would do sets until my body was incredibly sore and my blood rushing away from the POIS spots.