Author Topic: Success with Olive Leaf Extract  (Read 67393 times)

Going less Crazy

Re: Success with Olive Leaf Extract
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2013, 11:52:04 PM »
I've been taking one to two 500mg OLE capsules. And masturbating to the point of reaching climax, but completely stopping. This would give me POIS but not completely, perhaps about 50% POIS.

So far, I'm still getting minor POIS. I am getting brain fog and of course not feeling AMAZING like I do when I get hypomanic. I still forget words, lose concentration, and become completely restless sometimes. I've been only taking it for a few days... so I'll continue for the week and report back.

So what you are saying is that you tried OLE but you didn't have an orgasm yet?  I don't think OLE will help if you are already in a POIS-like state.  I believe you have to take it to combat your next POIS episode, just like niacin and antihistamines.  I remember taking a claritin (antihistamine) in POIS day 1 and it actually made me feel worse.  Take it about an hour before an O and see how you feel after that "O".  Good luck and hopefully it works for you.

YW Demo
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Going less Crazy

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 12:02:40 AM »
When taking olive leaf make sure you feel it in you, should be a slight tired feeling, at least that is what it feels to me.  I learned the hard way of mistakenly O'ing than taking olive leaf and it wasn't the relief that I normally get.  So you should feel it in you before you "O".
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Eugen

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2013, 02:55:33 PM »
Hello!

This is my firt post here. I  have been suffering on POIS about 25 years. Terrible.
Question - how successful is using OLE to other members? Please give feedback.

caveeater

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2013, 03:34:27 PM »
Hi Eugen, welcome to the forum! :)

I'm a lurker here but just came to say that I am also going to experiment with OLE. I've taken a small amount of it this evening and I have that "slight tired" feeling Going Less Crazy mentions. I feel kind of calm.
I'm going to take more of it before I plan to "O".

Since OLE is an anti viral, I'm presuming it's destroying some kind of bad bacteria, or perhaps it is degrading the histamine in the body that causes allergy.

Eugen

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2013, 04:27:58 PM »
Thaks for feedback! For me is most terrible thing anxiety, which does not let me sleep. Anxiety and panic are so strong, that they make me shake all over the body sometimes. Sleeping in this impossible in this condition. And also all the other symptoms, like burning eyes, memory problems etc.
Fenugreek has helped me. I'm not sure of Niacin effect so far, although I'v been using this almost half year. I have not tried Niacin without Fenugreec, but without them would be absolute hell.
I'll order today Olive Leaf Extract and let you know, is there some effect or not.

1. I'd be happy if someone would describe if he get some experience with strong anxiety, panic and insomnia in POIS and the possible cure
2. Is there some success storyes more in taking Olive Leaf Extract

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2013, 09:44:28 AM »
Thaks for feedback! For me is most terrible thing anxiety, which does not let me sleep. Anxiety and panic are so strong, that they make me shake all over the body sometimes. Sleeping in this impossible in this condition. And also all the other symptoms, like burning eyes, memory problems etc.
Fenugreek has helped me. I'm not sure of Niacin effect so far, although I'v been using this almost half year. I have not tried Niacin without Fenugreec, but without them would be absolute hell.
I'll order today Olive Leaf Extract and let you know, is there some effect or not.

1. I'd be happy if someone would describe if he get some experience with strong anxiety, panic and insomnia in POIS and the possible cure

I know we don't want to be medicating all the time, but sometimes it helps to get a temporary relief.

For me the anxiety came usually only on day 2 and/or 3 and it is terrible!

I found that when it got rough, I could take a little Xanax or Loratidine. Loratidine is an antihistamine, so has the double effect of
helping some with any stuffines or inflammation. Either is good enough to take the edge off.

I found that if I nipped it in the bud on day 2, sometimes I wouldn't need to take anything on day three, it has the tendancy to
calm things down in the longer term, not just only in the moment.

Others use Banadryl. It does make you a bit sleepy, but this, in my books, is better than anxiety.

The Banadryl and Loratidine don't need prescriptions.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Going less Crazy

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 08:37:48 PM »
Olive leaf extract works for me if I take enough of it and I actually feel it in my system.  If I take it and for some reason don't "feel" it in me, POIS would probably happen.  it usually relaxes me, usually like the effects of an antihistamine which I believe it does suppress parts of the immune system.  I weigh 155 lbs and I think 2 pills usually work.  So just make sure you feel it in you before you "O"...  I'm going to try niacin, one benadryl, and one pill of OLE for my next "O".  Any other stories for other members on OLE?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 08:47:15 PM by Going less Crazy »

lineman

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2013, 05:51:53 AM »

I know we don't want to be medicating all the time, but sometimes it helps to get a temporary relief.

For me the anxiety came usually only on day 2 and/or 3 and it is terrible!

I found that when it got rough, I could take a little Xanax or Loratidine. Loratidine is an antihistamine, so has the double effect of
helping some with any stuffines or inflammation. Either is good enough to take the edge off.

I found that if I nipped it in the bud on day 2, sometimes I wouldn't need to take anything on day three, it has the tendancy to
calm things down in the longer term, not just only in the moment.

Others use Banadryl. It does make you a bit sleepy, but this, in my books, is better than anxiety.

The Banadryl and Loratidine don't need prescriptions.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2013, 10:47:42 PM »
Any other updates on this method?  Caveeater?

I'm at the point where I'm trying to figure if I should take OLE everyday to have constant relief of my symptoms.  The only side effect of this is that it makes me feel "down", not POIS down but just generally sad I guess.  Not really sure if its OLE's antihistamine effect or whatever.  But I'm probably just going to take it on the weekends when I need a release.

caveeater

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2013, 06:31:15 AM »
Hi GLC, I havent experimented much with Olive Leaf yet, I was hit by POIS last week and am still recovering. I'm not sure if the OLE would help me or not at this time.
When I did take it though, I had that "down" feeling you mention. I've read elsewhere that it can cause bad feelings because it kills off bad bacteria.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2013, 10:39:17 PM »
Yes, killing off bad bacteria can definitely contribute to the bad/ill feelings.  It definitely does work wonders for me when I orgasm.  So much relief of symptoms I could say +99%. This week I started taking OLE during the week as well, and I will tell you that that is a very bad idea.  Really makes you feel nauseous and sick/bad.  I definitely recommend taking OLE an hour or so before you want to orgasm and that's it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 12:53:08 AM by Going less Crazy »

Going less Crazy

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2013, 09:04:28 PM »
Actually OLE's "down" affects or just feeling like you are detoxifying is definitely a lot worse when you first start taking it.  I've been taking more pills lately and noticed that the "down" feeling isn't as bad as it used to be.  Right now I am taking about a full pill (150 mg OLE) every night around ten o'clock and I will update with the results.  Right now the "down" feeling lasts for a shorter duration and about half as intense.  I will probably continue on this regimen and will update.

** update, I am back to taking 2-3 pills of olive leaf about 20-30 minutes before "O", works like a charm.  I don't take it at all when I don't "O" as it makes me feel genuinely "unmotivated".
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 03:05:49 AM by Going less Crazy »

b_jim

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2013, 12:37:28 AM »
I have found a important link :

In nature, hydroxytyrosol is found in olive leaf [...]
Hydroxytyrosol is also a metabolite of the neurotransmitter dopamine.

--

I have also find a study showing the effect of sugar on brain dopamine. The main improvement of my Pois was to stop sugar.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 12:51:47 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2013, 08:10:00 PM »
I have found a important link :

In nature, hydroxytyrosol is found in olive leaf [...]
Hydroxytyrosol is also a metabolite of the neurotransmitter dopamine.

--

I have also find a study showing the effect of sugar on brain dopamine. The main improvement of my Pois was to stop sugar.

Sounds like the hydroxytyrosol could help in POIS.  I think that the benefits of OLE lie within its antihistamine properties though.  It may even calm the immune system since it is highly antiviral, antibacterial etc.  Still not really sure what it does but I am still going strong with it... 3 pills (450 mg) olive leaf 30 minutes prior to the big "O".  I guess I'm the only one feeling this relief.

b_jim

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2013, 06:01:30 AM »
Do you have better results with olive leaf than claritin ?

It seems oleuropein can increase testosterone levels on rats.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 07:59:13 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2013, 03:05:16 PM »

b_jim, does olive leaf contain oleuropein ?
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

b_jim

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2013, 12:31:18 AM »

b_jim, does olive leaf contain oleuropein ?

Yes. Both oil and leaves.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Going less Crazy

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2013, 10:27:29 PM »

omg, way better results with olive leaf extract than claritin or benadryl...actually anything that I have ever tried.  I used to get relief from benadryl but now it actually makes me feel bad.  It's day 1 right now for me and I don't even notice POIS... not even a slight headache.  I  take 450 mg (btw I weigh around 155 lbs.) of OLE about once a week (which is 3 pills for the bottle that I take), wait 20-30 mins than have 3 consecutive O's.  They can be hours away from when I ingested OLE, and I sleep that night and feel good the day afterwards which would be my usual "worst" day.  I literally don't even notice POIS if I follow this protocol of 450 mg-once a week-3 consecutive O's.  I even went to the city on the weekend, drank too much and threw up and really didn't even feel that bad... and I've been sleeping great!  This stuff has been definitely working for me... and I know that because I have been doing this protocol for about a year now.

I believe I have to "O" once a week in order to keep my body in balance and not to be always thinking about sex day in and day out, this would cause some problems sleeping... But anyway still doing great on the OLE protocol.

** btw forgot to add that I am still eating one slice of lemon every morning, whether it is helping me or not I am feeling excellent.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 10:30:03 PM by Going less Crazy »

b_jim

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2013, 12:23:59 AM »
Amazing. The only interesting things are the ones that last at least several weeks.
I will test claritine 2 times. And olive leaves just after.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Prancer

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2013, 02:28:03 PM »
I eat the slices of lemon that are placed on top of the water glass sometimes, and they seem to help. Another thing that really helps is drinking (freshly squeezed) orange juice (not the kind in the plastic or cardboard) juiced from fresh oranges. Maybe it's all the vitamin C helping us. Not sure, but it works pretty good.