Author Topic: Success with Olive Leaf Extract  (Read 40548 times)

Suppertime

Re: Success with Olive Leaf Extract
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 06:11:42 PM »
I just got OLE in the mail today. I am going to try it out... will report back.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 08:24:17 PM »
My update on Olive Leaf Extract:

Ok, so as I stated, OLE is helping me better than anything I have tried thus far (claritin, benadryl, niacin, cranberry juice(lol who remembers that?)).  While using it and "O'ing" I can say I have no recognizable symptoms.  Than after stopping the OLE and having orgasms 3 or 4 days later without taking another pill, I had 3 NON-POIS orgasms.  However, after waiting about 10 days from my last pill of OLE, I "O'd" another 3 times, and this time I had bad POIS symptoms.  So my belief is that the OLE stays in my system for a couple of days before it is no longer in my system any more and than I would have symptoms if I O'd.  As of now I can say that OLE is not a cure, but a very effective remedy.  And if one decides to take OLE, than I would recommend taking it only on the days you orgasm, about an hour or so before orgasm.  What I found that relieved me was taking 300 mg, or two pills of OLE about an hour or so before orgasm.  It is possible that 150 mg will help but I decided to take 2 pills just in case.  BTW I just had update: 7 non-pois orgasms after taking two pills of OLE.   :o

edit:  For purposes of dosage I can say I weigh about 155 pounds

And obviously before you try anything you should look it up on your own and do your own research before deciding if it is right for you
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 07:50:17 PM by Going less Crazy »
My POIS 100% managed with modified Paleo Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O and stimulation = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut. Can O freely. Current supplements: tolerase g, black seed oil.

b_jim

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 04:59:11 AM »
Ok, that's  very good news. I will test it during a month.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2013, 06:28:45 PM »

And obviously before you try anything you should look it up on your own and do your own research before deciding if it is right for you

Including a check- in with your doctor. Thank you GLC!
Usually have major POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks associated with it.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business.

Suppertime

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 11:11:04 PM »
I've been taking one to two 500mg OLE capsules. And masturbating to the point of reaching climax, but completely stopping. This would give me POIS but not completely, perhaps about 50% POIS.

So far, I'm still getting minor POIS. I am getting brain fog and of course not feeling AMAZING like I do when I get hypomanic. I still forget words, lose concentration, and become completely restless sometimes. I've been only taking it for a few days... so I'll continue for the week and report back.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2013, 11:52:04 PM »
I've been taking one to two 500mg OLE capsules. And masturbating to the point of reaching climax, but completely stopping. This would give me POIS but not completely, perhaps about 50% POIS.

So far, I'm still getting minor POIS. I am getting brain fog and of course not feeling AMAZING like I do when I get hypomanic. I still forget words, lose concentration, and become completely restless sometimes. I've been only taking it for a few days... so I'll continue for the week and report back.

So what you are saying is that you tried OLE but you didn't have an orgasm yet?  I don't think OLE will help if you are already in a POIS-like state.  I believe you have to take it to combat your next POIS episode, just like niacin and antihistamines.  I remember taking a claritin (antihistamine) in POIS day 1 and it actually made me feel worse.  Take it about an hour before an O and see how you feel after that "O".  Good luck and hopefully it works for you.

YW Demo
My POIS 100% managed with modified Paleo Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O and stimulation = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut. Can O freely. Current supplements: tolerase g, black seed oil.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 12:02:40 AM »
When taking olive leaf make sure you feel it in you, should be a slight tired feeling, at least that is what it feels to me.  I learned the hard way of mistakenly O'ing than taking olive leaf and it wasn't the relief that I normally get.  So you should feel it in you before you "O".

Eugen

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2013, 02:55:33 PM »
Hello!

This is my firt post here. I  have been suffering on POIS about 25 years. Terrible.
Question - how successful is using OLE to other members? Please give feedback.

caveeater

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2013, 03:34:27 PM »
Hi Eugen, welcome to the forum! :)

I'm a lurker here but just came to say that I am also going to experiment with OLE. I've taken a small amount of it this evening and I have that "slight tired" feeling Going Less Crazy mentions. I feel kind of calm.
I'm going to take more of it before I plan to "O".

Since OLE is an anti viral, I'm presuming it's destroying some kind of bad bacteria, or perhaps it is degrading the histamine in the body that causes allergy.

Eugen

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2013, 04:27:58 PM »
Thaks for feedback! For me is most terrible thing anxiety, which does not let me sleep. Anxiety and panic are so strong, that they make me shake all over the body sometimes. Sleeping in this impossible in this condition. And also all the other symptoms, like burning eyes, memory problems etc.
Fenugreek has helped me. I'm not sure of Niacin effect so far, although I'v been using this almost half year. I have not tried Niacin without Fenugreec, but without them would be absolute hell.
I'll order today Olive Leaf Extract and let you know, is there some effect or not.

1. I'd be happy if someone would describe if he get some experience with strong anxiety, panic and insomnia in POIS and the possible cure
2. Is there some success storyes more in taking Olive Leaf Extract

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2013, 09:44:28 AM »
Thaks for feedback! For me is most terrible thing anxiety, which does not let me sleep. Anxiety and panic are so strong, that they make me shake all over the body sometimes. Sleeping in this impossible in this condition. And also all the other symptoms, like burning eyes, memory problems etc.
Fenugreek has helped me. I'm not sure of Niacin effect so far, although I'v been using this almost half year. I have not tried Niacin without Fenugreec, but without them would be absolute hell.
I'll order today Olive Leaf Extract and let you know, is there some effect or not.

1. I'd be happy if someone would describe if he get some experience with strong anxiety, panic and insomnia in POIS and the possible cure

I know we don't want to be medicating all the time, but sometimes it helps to get a temporary relief.

For me the anxiety came usually only on day 2 and/or 3 and it is terrible!

I found that when it got rough, I could take a little Xanax or Loratidine. Loratidine is an antihistamine, so has the double effect of
helping some with any stuffines or inflammation. Either is good enough to take the edge off.

I found that if I nipped it in the bud on day 2, sometimes I wouldn't need to take anything on day three, it has the tendancy to
calm things down in the longer term, not just only in the moment.

Others use Banadryl. It does make you a bit sleepy, but this, in my books, is better than anxiety.

The Banadryl and Loratidine don't need prescriptions.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Going less Crazy

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 08:37:48 PM »
Olive leaf extract works for me if I take enough of it and I actually feel it in my system.  If I take it and for some reason don't "feel" it in me, POIS would probably happen.  it usually relaxes me, usually like the effects of an antihistamine which I believe it does suppress parts of the immune system.  I weigh 155 lbs and I think 2 pills usually work.  So just make sure you feel it in you before you "O"...  I'm going to try niacin, one benadryl, and one pill of OLE for my next "O".  Any other stories for other members on OLE?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 08:47:15 PM by Going less Crazy »

lineman

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2013, 05:51:53 AM »

I know we don't want to be medicating all the time, but sometimes it helps to get a temporary relief.

For me the anxiety came usually only on day 2 and/or 3 and it is terrible!

I found that when it got rough, I could take a little Xanax or Loratidine. Loratidine is an antihistamine, so has the double effect of
helping some with any stuffines or inflammation. Either is good enough to take the edge off.

I found that if I nipped it in the bud on day 2, sometimes I wouldn't need to take anything on day three, it has the tendancy to
calm things down in the longer term, not just only in the moment.

Others use Banadryl. It does make you a bit sleepy, but this, in my books, is better than anxiety.

The Banadryl and Loratidine don't need prescriptions.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2013, 10:47:42 PM »
Any other updates on this method?  Caveeater?

I'm at the point where I'm trying to figure if I should take OLE everyday to have constant relief of my symptoms.  The only side effect of this is that it makes me feel "down", not POIS down but just generally sad I guess.  Not really sure if its OLE's antihistamine effect or whatever.  But I'm probably just going to take it on the weekends when I need a release.

caveeater

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2013, 06:31:15 AM »
Hi GLC, I havent experimented much with Olive Leaf yet, I was hit by POIS last week and am still recovering. I'm not sure if the OLE would help me or not at this time.
When I did take it though, I had that "down" feeling you mention. I've read elsewhere that it can cause bad feelings because it kills off bad bacteria.