Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 920528 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #560 on: January 14, 2013, 05:37:19 PM »
 :) :) :) :)
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #561 on: January 14, 2013, 07:38:40 PM »
We have reached 86% of our Research Grant Funding :)
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #562 on: January 14, 2013, 11:45:55 PM »
Rock27 and CertainlyPOIS, absolutely amazing!!!

What you've done is a giant leap for all the POIS sufferers!!!

Thank you very much!!!

And Daveman matches Rock27 and CertainlyPOIS $ for $ = $2,000!!!!!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #563 on: January 15, 2013, 12:14:23 AM »

Please visit our NORD Funding
Countdown Timer

http://tinyurl.com/bkzdoch

65 days to go!

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #564 on: January 15, 2013, 10:17:42 AM »
I've been looking at diabetes, because as a result of recent checkups, I have pre-diabetes.

Generally resolvable if caught in time.

But it’s interesting when you think of how diabetes was probably diagnosed, after research, everything is clear, and everybody knows exactly what to do. You read forums, and there are all the tips and suggestions, all about exercise, taking medicines, or insulin, all clear and doable, but there isn’t a cure.

But before research, it wouldn’t have been at all that clear. For years you go without knowing you have it, and when it starts to affect you, you are well into the process, and in some cases damage done. Based on what you feel, you would have tried this and that… if you look diabetes up, there are even catecholamine implications, adrenaline, noradrenaline, dopamine, that kind of stuff. So I’m sure at first, before research people would have tried to attack this system or that system, with remedies usually used for those systems, but those systems are put out of kilter because of another reason, so those other solutions wouldn’t have worked, other than to make you feel better for a while.

Then research found out exactly WHY the systems were out of kilter. Now the whole process of diabetes makes a lot more sense. And many can live normal lives as a result.

Based on how I feel when I have high blood suger, I probably would have tried other things… I still don’t have to take medicines, but with the knowledge of what it is, it is really easy to make improvements on my life and how I feel.

I don’t know why we insist on losing  valuable time to make this move for POIS. Imagine knowing what it is and exactly what causes it. If we ONLY do that, it will be a BIG, BIG jump. We will do much more.

Think about it, it’s even worth taking out a loan. No problem taking out a loan for a car. Take one out for health.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

marquis

« Reply #565 on: January 15, 2013, 10:24:11 AM »
Hi everyone, I just registered although I have been reading for a few weeks on this forum. Count me in for another 500$...

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #566 on: January 15, 2013, 11:53:24 AM »

Wow, marquis! $500!! THANK YOU!!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #567 on: January 15, 2013, 01:13:04 PM »
marquis, I hope you have an opportunity to visit our Welcome Page:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg1#msg1
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:19:11 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #568 on: January 15, 2013, 01:49:41 PM »

Think about it, it’s even worth taking out a loan [to donate to our Research Fund]. No problem taking out a loan for a car.

Take one out for health.

I did.

For $1,250 (charge card payout...same as a loan)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:53:31 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #569 on: January 15, 2013, 02:35:39 PM »
I've been looking at diabetes, because as a result of recent checkups, I have pre-diabetes.

Generally resolvable if caught in time.

But it’s interesting when you think of how diabetes was probably diagnosed, after research, everything is clear, and everybody knows exactly what to do. You read forums, and there are all the tips and suggestions, all about exercise, taking medicines, or insulin, all clear and doable, but there isn’t a cure.

But before research, it wouldn’t have been at all that clear. For years you go without knowing you have it, and when it starts to affect you, you are well into the process, and in some cases damage done. Based on what you feel, you would have tried this and that… if you look diabetes up, there are even catecholamine implications, adrenaline, noradrenaline, dopamine, that kind of stuff. So I’m sure at first, before research people would have tried to attack this system or that system, with remedies usually used for those systems, but those systems are put out of kilter because of another reason, so those other solutions wouldn’t have worked, other than to make you feel better for a while.

Then research found out exactly WHY the systems were out of kilter. Now the whole process of diabetes makes a lot more sense. And many can live normal lives as a result.

Based on how I feel when I have high blood suger, I probably would have tried other things… I still don’t have to take medicines, but with the knowledge of what it is, it is really easy to make improvements on my life and how I feel.

I don’t know why we insist on losing  valuable time to make this move for POIS. Imagine knowing what it is and exactly what causes it. If we ONLY do that, it will be a BIG, BIG jump. We will do much more.

Think about it, it’s even worth taking out a loan. No problem taking out a loan for a car. Take one out for health.

I am also pre-diabetic.

Excellent analogy to what we're going through to get REAL research done, and to *finally* (I've been at this circular forum thing since Feb. '07 - my head is spinning with 6 loooooong years of posted...zzzzz......so-called "theories"!) see The Real Thing -- and to.......................... STOP OUR HOMEGROWN/FOREVER-SPECULATING (vs. scientifically researched medical theory) IDEAS ON WHAT POIS IS OR POIS ISN'T! Sorry for shouting, but I do get emotional.

Thank you, Daveman, and Thank You to Our True Supporters, financially and otherwise.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:00:18 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #570 on: January 16, 2013, 02:33:59 PM »

OUR "FINAL HOME $TRETCH!"

Let'$ go, POI$ Team!

We only need.......$4,700 more!!

On average, that's only $71 per day between now and March 22!

Please click H E R E now to donate to The POIS Medical Research Fund

demografx

• Administrator
Re: This may seem like a familar place.
« Reply #571 on: January 16, 2013, 02:35:05 PM »

demografx

• Administrator

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #573 on: January 16, 2013, 02:39:26 PM »

As per Daveman's recent post, I totally agree that before the end of March deadline the majority of discussion and effort here should be channelled toward getting the NORD grant. If you have time to spend thinking and posting about POIS in the next couple of months, please spend it thinking about fundraising for the grant. If you have an idea, please act on it. Sometimes there is a danger of discussing things too much rather than just carrying out our ideas. Its better to carry out 5 ideas, 4 of which end up failing than to just discuss things and not do any of them. One common characteristic of successful entrepreneurs is that they are not afraid to fail, thus they act on ideas more often than others and ultimately some of them work! And the first step is to just write that email or whatever it is you've been thinking about doing. Just take the first step and the rest follows. Who knows where it might lead. Every breakthrough success we've had here be it the October money bomb or the reddit campaign, getting POIS sufferers on TV (amazing!) and in newspapers, getting more doctors interested in POIS, having POIS officially recognised by the major US and European databases ....all of these have come from a small first step taken by individual forum members here.

Its a new year of opportunity - put aside your excuses (we all have them), be positive, act on your ideas and get your new year off to a flyer. You'll feel great that you did something for everyone (and don't forget that everyone includes you so you really can't lose).

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #574 on: January 16, 2013, 02:43:13 PM »
Let's PLEASE put POIS *medical* theories/conjecture on hold till we get our Grant funded.

Our aim is to get The Medical Experts - not amateurs like us -  to diagnose us and come up with treatments - for ALL POISers.

Many thanks. I feel very proud and fortunate to be part of your POIS History and Maturation.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 02:49:32 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #575 on: January 16, 2013, 07:49:20 PM »

86% but we still need YOUR HELP.

demografx

• Administrator
Re: This may seem like a familar place.
« Reply #576 on: January 16, 2013, 07:49:58 PM »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #577 on: January 16, 2013, 07:52:30 PM »
For your information,

We have nearly 500 members.
About 100 different members have posted in the last month.

For those of you who are shy... feel free, step on up, we'd love to hear your story and share more with you all.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 08:21:17 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #578 on: January 16, 2013, 09:44:06 PM »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #579 on: January 16, 2013, 09:53:04 PM »

We need the $4,000+ before this March 22.

We cannot afford to wait another year!