Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 920209 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #280 on: October 08, 2012, 01:43:08 AM »

Just filled out the survey.

Thanks, Vincent M.!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #281 on: October 10, 2012, 12:12:18 AM »
Guys,

I've just donated $150 more.

Together we can make POIS Research a reality!

Thanks again to our SPONSOR for his generosity!

And thank you, Demo and Dave, for the superb work you've been doing all this years!!!

Sincerely,
Mat

M A T  !!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 12:16:33 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #282 on: October 10, 2012, 12:21:55 AM »
If $50 to $100 or more seems like too much money to give for now, how about committing $5, $10, $20 or more per MONTH?

Select as many months as you want! 2 months, 3 months, 4 months, 6 months, 12 months, whatever!  :)

Simply click above and scroll down till you see, "Make this a recurring donation"...

THANK YOU, EVERYONE - YOUR AUTOMATIC MONTHLY DONATIONS WILL HASTEN OUR GOALS CONSIDERABLY!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 09:18:25 AM by demografx »

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #283 on: October 10, 2012, 08:24:06 AM »
There was one extraordinarily ignorant and stupid SPAMMer that posted about 40 posts on our forum last night!!

What a waste of his and my time!!

It would help him a lot to know that he gains nothing here. No-one is interested in purses and I don't leave the posts up long enough that they receive any SEO benefit!

Besides I report them the the SPAMMERs database,, so they loose a "good" in large quotes usernames and gateway URLs.

If you see any that I have  missed let me know, report to moderator!

I hope to put a more elegant filter as I find time.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #284 on: October 10, 2012, 08:38:15 AM »

Look for our latest mailout! If you haven't received it check you should check your SPAM folder

Time to blast POIS! Let's Go!

THANKS, DAVEMAN!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #285 on: October 10, 2012, 06:50:47 PM »

Any news about the functional MRI study??? It seems to be one of the best investigation to do !  :)

I agree, Habibou!

Rutgers was promising, but they remain more interested in female orgasm functional MRI studies  >:(      Politics!  ???
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 08:56:57 AM by demografx »

kurtosis

• Scientist, Engineer, INTJ type
« Reply #286 on: October 11, 2012, 04:20:15 AM »

Any news about the functional MRI study??? It seems to be one of the best investigation to do ![/size]  :)

I agree, Habibou!

Rutgers was promising, but they remain more interested in female orgasm functional MRI studies  >:(      Politics!  ???

Wear a skirt while getting the MRI? :)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #287 on: October 11, 2012, 08:23:45 PM »
kurtosis, LOL!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

demografx

• Administrator
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 09:35:31 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #289 on: October 12, 2012, 10:29:04 AM »

There was one extraordinarily ignorant and stupid SPAMMer that posted about 40 posts on our forum last night!!

What a waste of his and my time!!

It would help him a lot to know that he gains nothing here. No-one is interested in purses and I don't leave the posts up long enough that they receive any SEO benefit!

Besides I report them the the SPAMMERs database,, so they loose a "good" in large quotes usernames and gateway URLs.

If you see any [spammer] that I have  missed let me know, report to moderator! - button is located at the lower right corner of the post

I hope to put a more elegant filter as I find time.

Sorry you had to go through that, Daveman!

Ccconfucius

« Reply #290 on: October 12, 2012, 10:45:02 AM »
there are some spammers that dont post at all but have their websites under their profile is there a way to report them.
they are affecting the member count.

Samir

• POIS victim since 1988
    • Huntsville Car Scene.com
« Reply #291 on: October 12, 2012, 12:28:25 PM »
I use stopforumspam.com to moderate each new registration on my own site.  I can set my site to email me when a new member registers, so valid ones get online quick.  And then I don't delete the new spammer accounts, just set them to the ban group making less spammer emails and usernames available. . Might be something worth trying.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #292 on: October 12, 2012, 02:17:15 PM »
there are some spammers that dont post at all but have their websites under their profile is there a way to report them.
they are affecting the member count.

I go through the memberlist deleting that stuff about twice a month.

There are also a bunch that sign on and linger, but don't put any data.

I guess if you see that there are more than a couple you could remind me to do a sweep!

Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #293 on: October 12, 2012, 02:39:43 PM »
I use stopforumspam.com to moderate each new registration on my own site.  I can set my site to email me when a new member registers, so valid ones get online quick.  And then I don't delete the new spammer accounts, just set them to the ban group making less spammer emails and usernames available. . Might be something worth trying.

Yep, that's what I'm doing, but  about 2 to 5 get through per day. Those are banned, reported and deleted! There's another database as well, with the two combined it's better, but haven't done that yet.  I get about 60+ filtered (and marked) SPAMMers per day. These are easy to deal with though, just delete them. Also Victor Kons gave me a great idea, but just haven't had time to implement it yet!!

tom

« Reply #294 on: October 12, 2012, 07:37:45 PM »
Hello,
I've never written anything here or on the other forum before as I struggle to talk about it and am quite shy, but I wanted to introduce myself mainly to thank you all for everything you've all done.
To quickly describe myself I'm 23 and I developed pois at the age of 16 (I suffer from cognitive symptoms) but I didn't understand what was happening or make the connection between my symptoms and ejaculation. Very slowly I eventually started to make the connection and I finally discovered that other people have this illness when I found the other forum over two years ago.

Thanks to the work of everyone involved in the forum I was able to learn about pois and to try and manage its impact by preventing symptoms on days when I had a lot on (this definitely benefited both my university work and  social life). I also gained hugely by learning about the supplements that have been beneficial; I take fenugreek, gingseng, ginkgo, CoQ10, niacin and recently added vitamin b complex thanks due to the discovery by kurtosis).

Importantly I also learnt about the ways that pois has similarly impacted on other people's lives, which was unbelievably helpful in confirming the difficulty that it has created in mine  making me feel much more normal and not at fault. Im not brilliant at expressing myself but I will always be incredibly grateful for this.

I have also in the last few days been able to make another big step in my life thanks to you all. Using the description of pois on the website created, articles that demo kindly emailed me a long time ago, and the fantastic  descriptions of what its like to have pois from the reddit and indiegogo campaign, I was able to tell my mum and her partner about this illness. As quite a private person who has always kept pois a secret this was a big step for me and something that I certainly could not have made without the resources and emotional support I get from reading this forum. They were both incredibly understanding so I just want to say thank you so much for giving me the resources and strength to do this.

I understand that much effort has been undertaken to raise funds for the research through NORD (which if I understood correctly the previous forum annoyingly did not support prompting the switch of many people to this forum, myself included :) ) and over $13000  has been raised which is fantastic. My family have helped me donate $80 this evening, although this is less than what some have donated I do hope it helps and we will definitely donate again soon. (We did get a confirmation email but please do contact me if for whatever reason this donation has not gone through)

This is definitely more of an essay than I meant it to be lol, so I will quickly end with saying thank you again to everyone for everything you've done, and although I'd certainly not intend to downplay the huge influence that other people have made, I would like to say a special thank you to demo and daveman who have worked tirelessly for years in getting this forum and the awareness of pois to where it is today.  On a personal note the kindness and understanding that you two have both shown when talking about pois has meant a lot to me.

Many thanks
Tom

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #295 on: October 12, 2012, 09:26:52 PM »
Tom: WELCOME ABOARD!!

Please check our comprehensive list of POIS resources for you, right here:

http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg1#msg1

Best wishes!

Demo and Daveman
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 10:06:43 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #296 on: October 12, 2012, 09:37:07 PM »

My family have helped me donate $80 this evening

Thank you, Tom!!!

$80 on your first post!

And it's Money Bomb Month (October), which means our Sponsor bumps your Donation to $160.00!

« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 09:59:20 PM by demografx »

Samir

• POIS victim since 1988
    • Huntsville Car Scene.com
« Reply #297 on: October 13, 2012, 12:10:26 AM »

Yep, that's what I'm doing, but  about 2 to 5 get through per day. Those are banned, reported and deleted! There's another database as well, with the two combined it's better, but haven't done that yet.  I get about 60+ filtered (and marked) SPAMMers per day. These are easy to deal with though, just delete them. Also Victor Kons gave me a great idea, but just haven't had time to implement it yet!!

Awesome. :)  Thank you for working hard to keep increasing POIS awareness.  I haven't been here in months, but experiencing POIS right now, it's great to come back to a place that keeps getting better.  8)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #298 on: October 13, 2012, 01:35:18 AM »
Welcome back, Samir!  :)

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #299 on: October 13, 2012, 04:44:45 AM »

Awesome. :)  Thank you for working hard to keep increasing POIS awareness.  I haven't been here in months, but experiencing POIS right now, it's great to come back to a place that keeps getting better.  8)

Have you seen all the stuff on Niacin and B-Complex. It's got my POIS beat! Almost 0 POIS.