Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 933475 times)

Meshal

Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #2000 on: January 13, 2018, 02:56:40 PM »
Hey guys, just wanna tell you guys what I did so far since I discovered the forum. It's been 10 days since my last ejaculation, and I'm trying to exploit the time as much as possible by doing some fun activities.

If you're interested in abstaining masturbation, I found something worked really like a magic. nowadays I use something called Hops, they give an instant effect to mildly low your libido, very instant effect, I'm talking 30 seconds later after taking 1 capsule my libido dropped down immediatly, It really helps with abstaining, although try to minimize the dose to 2 capsules for 1 day, and I believe It conflicts with caffeine, last time I took it under caffeine effect it gave me drowsiness. the name of the product I use: Nature's Way, Hops Flowers, 310 mg.

why I'm abstaining? I'm trying to make the POIS symptoms 0% and then I'll try niacin for the first time in my life, I wanna make sure I get the effect the same that you guys had, I'll make sure I get the flush, I'm using 500mg niacin. and then after the flush I'll wait 30-40 mins then ejaculate.

Also, I had a terrifying thought today. Is there a possibility that in the future my sons will inherit my POIS when the hit puberty? If so I'll try raising them to avoid sexual activities as much as possible, I don't know If there's married people here with adult sons, If so please tell us.

Hi Meshal,

Interesting strategy, I will be interested in reading your future updates.

About your concern, I can share that my son, who is now an young adult, do not have POIS.  Of course, I never discussed this with him ( I do not discuss about POIS with my children, or anyone, except my wife and my psychotherapist, and this forum), but, he had a steady girlfriend for years, and that never prevent him to keep on with his competitive sports activities, and I never saw any abnormal fatigue or any cognitive or emotional symptoms, even if I knew he had sexual relations with his girlfriend.  Of course, I was happy to see that he didn't have this very debilitating syndrome :) 

I think POIS is very rare because it believe it is caused by several very specific problems in one single individual, like, maybe, small mutations in more than one pathways like methylation or other elimination pathways in the liver, as well as maybe some problems in some enzymes related to neurotransmitters, and so on.  And I think that all POIS sufferers do not all have exactly the same "kit" of metabolic defects leading to "metabolic failure" following ejaculation, this later being a very complex reflex and very demanding process for the body.  We usually cope with normal daily activities, when out of POIS, but the high demand linked to ejaculation is overwhelming for our flawed inner machinery, and symptoms then appears.   

Considering that our children have a mix of our DNA and the DNA of our spouse, chances are limited that we could transmit POIS on the genetic level. Considering my above hypothesis ( that POIS is caused by multiple small defects, and not only one major DNA defect), our son must inherit each and every single small mutations that contribute in the manifestation of POIS. and they would have not to be compensated for by hteir mother'S DNA.  Let's say for example that we have 6 SNPs ( Single Nucleotide Permutations) in our DNA that are the major contributors in creating the manifestation of POIS.  Than, for our son to have POIS should first get each and every one of these 6 defects in his own DNA to also have POIS.  But usually, those defective SNP are recessive, meaning that the more efficient gene coming from the mother side should be the one manifesting, and than offset for the less functional SNP we may have contributed. So, the chances are very low that all those SNPs are transmitted AND not offset by the mother's genes for all of these particular genes.  If our SNPs are heterozygote, meaning that we have one bad and one good gene for a particular defective, POIS-contributing locus ( we all have genes in pairs - one from father, one from mother), than, there is also a chance that we transmit the good one, not the problematic one.  This reduce even more still the chance to "transmit" POIS, as I see it.

I hope this will reassure you a bit, Meshal !

In reverse, we can realize how unlucky we have been at the DNA lottery, so that we have enough of the required defects in order for POIS to manifest, and, above this, had some psychological or physical traumas in order for this potential for POIS to manifest ( not all is written in genes, in my opinion, there is almost always a mix of genetic factors and environmental factors ).  This would account for how rare POIS is, considering that all men on earth ejaculate once in a while, and just a tiny, tiny fraction have POIS ( 1 in 700 000 ? ).

Well, some are much more unlucky than we are, just think about cystic fibrosis, multiple sclerosis, and the like....   At the end of the day, we all have to do our best with the cards we have in hand :)

phew! that is a huge relief. I'm really happy for your son, It must be really worrying for you to wait for your son whether he get infected or not. I'm not really familiar with DNA, but from what I understand POIS heritage chance is 1/1000000 so at least I can have "hopefully" acceptable natural offspring. and you're right, sometimes I think of how unfair to me to get POIS, at the same time I tell myself hey, people get worst and worst condition than this.

I'm really really excited to try your pre-pack Quantum, I just need a space of time free of obligation to spent days with POIS

peace

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #2001 on: January 14, 2018, 10:45:00 AM »

phew! that is a huge relief. I'm really happy for your son, It must be really worrying for you to wait for your son whether he get infected or not. I'm not really familiar with DNA, but from what I understand POIS heritage chance is 1/1000000 so at least I can have "hopefully" acceptable natural offspring. and you're right, sometimes I think of how unfair to me to get POIS, at the same time I tell myself hey, people get worst and worst condition than this.

I'm really really excited to try your pre-pack Quantum, I just need a space of time free of obligation to spent days with POIS

peace

I cannot be sure that my hypothesis is true, but obviously, POIS is rare, and this suggests that it does not "spread" easily.

If other members have a son, I would like to hear about them as well.  So far, I never heard about a member sharing that his son has POIS too, or that his father had POIS.  Members could also express themselves about whether or not their father had POIS.  Mine didn't.

Let me know of your results with using a pre-pack !  We cannot cure POIS, but getting some relief is a step toward a more normal life :)

« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 10:46:57 AM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Meshal

« Reply #2002 on: January 20, 2018, 12:50:22 PM »
from what I've read from the gentlemen posts here, they've mentioned that there POIS symptoms got heavier over the years, I'm thinking, does POIS develop the symptoms impact by itself just within overtime? or is it within every ejaculation it will gradually develop itself? I'm trying to exploit my young age to fight it back before It's too late, should I just abstain In order to keep the POIS symptoms the same level? or Is it an inevitable and It the symptoms will become heavier no matter what?

Meshal

« Reply #2003 on: January 26, 2018, 01:57:34 AM »
I want to share something interesting, on of my symptoms a heavy joint pains after ejaculation, especially knees. I started taking Vitamin d3 two pills after ejaculation (1000IU)(1000IU), and sleep immediatly. the next day I can stand up from bed so easily without joints pain, but the brain fogging and other symptoms are there.

b_jim

« Reply #2004 on: January 26, 2018, 02:36:27 AM »
I have the feeling vitamin D reduces my Pois too. I take 5000 UI before ejaculation. It seems it reduce my restless legs syndrome and muscular energy loss in legs. But I'm not 100% sure. Taurine is my main remedy and vitamin D seems to complete the effect.

I remember I had small joint pains especially knees but it seems this symptom gone away.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 02:43:25 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Meshal

« Reply #2005 on: January 26, 2018, 03:48:30 AM »
I have the feeling vitamin D reduces my Pois too. I take 5000 UI before ejaculation. It seems it reduce my restless legs syndrome and muscular energy loss in legs. But I'm not 100% sure. Taurine is my main remedy and vitamin D seems to complete the effect.

I remember I had small joint pains especially knees but it seems this symptom gone away.

hmm I should give taurine a go then, I haven't tried it before, I'm in a no fap period It's been 23 days now, Is it safe to take both niacin and taurine before orgasm? I guess this will prevent poth congitive and physical symptoms.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #2006 on: January 26, 2018, 04:42:48 AM »
This is strange.  My last O I did experience a lot of migrating joint pain.  I blame it on the good amount of chia seeds I have been trying... which I now avoid.

What I want to know is, especially for my POIS, why does "O" seem to be the catalyst in certain situations like this.  I seemed to be tolerating the chia seeds somewhat (still wasn't perfect and I was going to avoid them after testing)... but "O" seemed to set in motion the migrating joint pain.

It's like O either makes the bad feel worse for me, or has no effect at all depending on how well I adhere to my diet.
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #2007 on: January 26, 2018, 10:45:36 AM »
I want to share something interesting, on of my symptoms a heavy joint pains after ejaculation, especially knees. I started taking Vitamin d3 two pills after ejaculation (1000IU)(1000IU), and sleep immediatly. the next day I can stand up from bed so easily without joints pain, but the brain fogging and other symptoms are there.

Thanks ofr reporting, Meshal ! 

If POIS has indeed an auto-immune component, Vit D has been shown helpful in some auto-immune conditions, so it would make sense that it helps in POIS.
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #2008 on: January 26, 2018, 10:49:21 AM »
This is strange.  My last O I did experience a lot of migrating joint pain.  I blame it on the good amount of chia seeds I have been trying... which I now avoid.

What I want to know is, especially for my POIS, why does "O" seem to be the catalyst in certain situations like this.  I seemed to be tolerating the chia seeds somewhat (still wasn't perfect and I was going to avoid them after testing)... but "O" seemed to set in motion the migrating joint pain.

It's like O either makes the bad feel worse for me, or has no effect at all depending on how well I adhere to my diet.

Hi GLC,

Hopefully, you are very disciplined and very motivated, and you note everything.  If not, it seems like you would never keep your POIS-less state for very long.

Thanks for sharing your notes.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #2009 on: January 26, 2018, 09:58:01 PM »

Hi GLC,

Hopefully, you are very disciplined and very motivated, and you note everything.  If not, it seems like you would never keep your POIS-less state for very long.

Thanks for sharing your notes.

I would not.  If I ate wheat, corn, etc. The symptoms and inflammation would come right back.  I'm treating my POIS as a symptom of my possible AI disease of celiac and/or gluten sensitivity (which I will likely get a genetic test for in the future).  Most of the foods I react to are gluten cross reactors (corn, brown rice, dairy) and others I have just developed.  Good thing is there are treatments/vaccines in the pipeline. My diet for me is not a cure, but strictly adhering to it I am 100% myself again... so this is why I keep note of everything.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 02:48:15 AM by Going less Crazy »
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

b_jim

« Reply #2010 on: January 27, 2018, 02:43:57 PM »

hmm I should give taurine a go then, I haven't tried it before, I'm in a no fap period It's been 23 days now, Is it safe to take both niacin and taurine before orgasm? I guess this will prevent poth congitive and physical symptoms.

From my opinion it's 100% safe.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Hopeoneday

« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 08:33:01 PM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.

b_jim

« Reply #2012 on: January 28, 2018, 04:18:13 AM »
 ;D

We already contacted dr Pooja Lackshmin ? ?

« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 08:16:50 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #2013 on: January 28, 2018, 09:34:12 AM »

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #2014 on: January 28, 2018, 06:41:49 PM »

This is how I feel my personality changes:
in-POIS vs out-of-POIS.

Can anyone guess which is which?
;D
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2015 on: January 28, 2018, 08:04:42 PM »
Continued from Page 133, this thread

Google POIS Alert
Postorgasmic Illness Syndrome
As-it-happens update  January 21, 2018
NEWS   
“Guys! Do you know about rare post-orgasm sickness POIS?”
International Business Times, India Edition
“Some men suffer from a rare flu-like sickness called Post-Orgasmic...”

https://tinyurl.com/y92dvqxm

Just to reiterate what I mentioned earlier: I’m posting these Google POIS Alerts not for their POIS accuracy (the articles are often just a joke to us here at the forum), but for seeing the public’s - including the medical profession - growing awareness and recognition of the REAL POIS condition.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 08:09:04 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Meshal

« Reply #2016 on: January 29, 2018, 03:05:09 AM »

in-POIS vs out-of-POIS.

;D

a zombie would be more accurate than a devil  ;)

Hopeoneday

« Reply #2017 on: January 29, 2018, 11:17:30 AM »
This is living proof of how my face look in pois-
https://www.google.ba/search?q=dr+house&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjxyvn2vPnYAhXM0aQKHfXqBAYQ_AUICigB&biw=853&bih=529#imgrc=YoInOOpp6aZHdM:

When i say to girll HI , face like that, she call police imidiatly.
Not kiding :)
Dr-pois.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2018 on: January 29, 2018, 02:23:23 PM »

in-POIS vs out-of-POIS.
;D

a zombie would be more accurate than a devil  ;)

ZOMBIE! Excellent, Meshal!

« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 02:33:51 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #2019 on: January 29, 2018, 02:24:36 PM »
This is living proof of how my face look in pois-
https://www.google.ba/search?q=dr+house&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjxyvn2vPnYAhXM0aQKHfXqBAYQ_AUICigB&biw=853&bih=529#imgrc=YoInOOpp6aZHdM:

When i say to girll HI , face like that, she call police imidiatly.
Not kiding :)

;D            ;D             ;D
Perfect-looking POIS “face”!!

From Hopeoneday link.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 02:58:00 PM by demografx »