Author Topic: This may seem like a familiar place.  (Read 305053 times)

demografx

• Administrator
Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #1980 on: December 02, 2017, 03:59:58 AM »
In reading this news flurry, you will realize there is some inaccurate information, questionable hypotheses, etc.

The point of showing the articles is not POIS state-of-the-art accuracy or treatment breakthroughs, but to demonstrate the increased *POIS awareness* they are now making possible.

And this is all coming from Tulane’s work.

Nice preview of possibilities!

Continued POIS publicity means that one day your doctor just might stop scratching his/her head confusedly when you say you have POIS!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 02:12:48 AM by demografx »
Usually have major POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks associated with it.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1981 on: December 04, 2017, 03:30:26 PM »
Google POIS Alert
Postorgasmic Illness Syndrome
As-it-happens update  December 4, 2017
NEWS   
“Men allergic to SEX are falling ill with flu-like symptoms - and it could be caused by their own semen”
Daily Mail
This rare and understudied phenomenon known as post-orgasmic illness syndrome, or POIS, is believed to be caused by men

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5143993/Men-allergic-SEX-falling-ill-flu-like-symptoms.html
Usually have major POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks associated with it.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business.

Muon

« Reply #1982 on: December 04, 2017, 04:16:31 PM »
I see what you mean demo with inaccurate information:

''Men who experience flu-like symptoms after having an orgasm are allergic to sex, researchers have found''

Not true. Researchers haven't found proof of allergy yet.

''Complaints of POIS symptoms were reported in their head, eyes, nose, throat, and muscles once their semen came in contact with their skin

Also not true. Patients don't react to their semen when it comes into contact with their skin.

''They didn't feel ill when they masturbated without ejaculating...''

I get sick from the release of pre-ejaculate without ejaculation, I even told Waldinger that myself. This must be an old quote.

''...meaning the more they ejaculated the lesser their symptoms became''.

That is not what hyposensitization is. Oh and go check out the toxic comments in that article, it really brings some POIS awareness to society for sure, these guys should experience pois for a few months before crawling back on their knees crying and begging for relieve.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 04:35:23 PM by Muon »

Observer

• NLGroup
« Reply #1983 on: December 04, 2017, 07:05:12 PM »
Google POIS Alert
NEWS   
“Men allergic to SEX are falling ill with flu-like symptoms - and it could be caused by their own semen”
Daily Mail
This rare and understudied phenomenon known as post-orgasmic illness syndrome, or POIS, is believed to be caused by men

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5143993/Men-allergic-SEX-falling-ill-flu-like-symptoms.html

I posted a comment on this article - I am sure you will find which one :D . I know that Daily Mail is a tabloid newspaper but it still gets a lot of views. We can only hope that some POISers read it and visit this site (I posted the name of this forum in my comment).

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1984 on: December 04, 2017, 08:18:01 PM »
Google POIS Alert
NEWS   
Daily Mail

I posted a comment on this article - I am sure you will find which one :D . I know that Daily Mail is a tabloid newspaper but it still gets a lot of views. We can only hope that some POISers read it and visit this site (I posted the name of this forum in my comment).

Thanks for promoting our site, Observer!! :) :)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1985 on: December 04, 2017, 08:25:46 PM »
I see what you mean demo with inaccurate information:

''Men who experience flu-like symptoms after having an orgasm are allergic to sex, researchers have found''

Not true. Researchers haven't found proof of allergy yet.

''Complaints of POIS symptoms were reported in their head, eyes, nose, throat, and muscles once their semen came in contact with their skin

Also not true. Patients don't react to their semen when it comes into contact with their skin.

''They didn't feel ill when they masturbated without ejaculating...''

I get sick from the release of pre-ejaculate without ejaculation, I even told Waldinger that myself. This must be an old quote.

''...meaning the more they ejaculated the lesser their symptoms became''.

That is not what hyposensitization is. Oh and go check out the toxic comments in that article, it really brings some POIS awareness to society for sure, these guys should experience pois for a few months before crawling back on their knees crying and begging for relieve.

Muon, excellent critique!!

« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 06:21:14 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1986 on: December 05, 2017, 12:27:02 AM »

Google POIS Alert
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome POIS
As-it-happens update  December 5, 2017
NEWS   
“Can men actually be allergic to sex? Spoiler: yes, and so can women.”
Metro US
There might be another reason why men roll over and go to sleep after sex: They're not feeling so good. Post-orgasmic illness syndrome (POIS) is a ...
Men allergic to SEX are falling ill with flu-like symptoms...

https://www.metro.us/sex-dating/post-orgasmic-illness-syndrome-sex-allergy

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1987 on: December 05, 2017, 12:30:05 AM »
Google POIS Alert
NEWS   
Daily Mail

Excellent, Observer! Thank you!

I hope other forum members will follow your good example.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:31:49 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1988 on: December 05, 2017, 01:56:43 PM »
Google POIS Alert

Several more came in today, including Yahoo News. I won’t post them, we all get the idea by now how this is being reported.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1989 on: December 06, 2017, 01:25:10 PM »
Posted this one for interesting headline

Google POIS Alert
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome POIS
As-it-happens update December 6, 2017
NEWS   
“Mysterious 'post-orgasmic' illness which leaves men
unable to talk after sex

Metro

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/06/mysterious-post-orgasmic-illness-leaves-men-unable-talk-sex-7136184/

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 11:25:19 AM by demografx »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #1990 on: December 07, 2017, 08:33:07 AM »
We have hit the 600 members mark today !
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1991 on: December 07, 2017, 11:15:27 AM »
We have hit the 600 members mark today !
:) :)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1992 on: December 07, 2017, 01:49:47 PM »
If we represent 1% of POISers that would make us 60,000 strong worldwide. I think that’s a reasonable (conservative) number.

Anyone else care to take a stab at the # of possible POISers worldwide?

Please post your thoughts.

Best early holiday wishes,
Demo

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 02:50:40 PM by demografx »

Observer

• NLGroup
« Reply #1993 on: December 07, 2017, 02:55:18 PM »
If we represent 1% of POISers that would make us 60,000 strong worldwide. I think that’s a reasonable number.

Anyone else care to take a stab at the # of possible POISers worldwide?

Please post your thoughts.

Someone here in the forum said like a ratio of 1/100.000 men - that would put the number around 35,000-40,000 POISers. In my opinion, this is a conservative estimate.