Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 920538 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #1960 on: November 29, 2017, 11:37:31 AM »

Forbes and Newsweek! Now we’re getting some serious attention!

« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 01:37:01 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1961 on: November 29, 2017, 01:32:53 PM »

Nice, you make a good job with "google alerts" :)

Thanks, b_jim!

I imagine that an article in the famous Forbes magazine have a fantastic media power and it's a good thing for Pois communauty.

Yes!

50 cases is a joke :)
I stopped my count at 450. I estimate 1000 to 1500 Pois-self declared in the world. Maybe much more.

Maybe they’re talking about the research study of 45 POIS cases?

Personally, I am very skeptical about finding 45 willing POIS research study male volunteers in the Netherlands - - a small country.

It took the Naked Scientists POIS Forum *forever* to find that many (45) self-identified POISers (b_jim might know how long it actually took to reach 45 POISers)...WORLDWIDE!

I suspect - - but can’t prove - -  a bias toward premature ejaculators (for example, Waldinger’s specialty) in the study, not primary cases of POIS.

One man’s opinion.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 03:15:02 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1962 on: November 29, 2017, 02:15:18 PM »

I estimate 1000 to 1500 Pois-self declared in the world. Maybe much more.

Regarding “POIS self-declared”: If you asked me 20 years ago if I had POIS, I would say “no” - - although my POIS was in full-attack mode!!

(This is theoretical because 20 years ago, the term “POIS” had not yet come into play).

Maybe still true today - - Many POISers do not realize that they *have* POIS!

They think it’s “something else”.

Like I did.

:)

b_jim, thank you for bringing to our attention the concept of SELF-DECLARED.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 01:34:09 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1963 on: November 29, 2017, 02:42:44 PM »

...In the recent review article on POIS published by the Departement of Urology of Tulane University ( http://www.smr.jsexmed.org/article/S2050-0521(17)30116-6/abstract ), which is at the source of this recent "POIS short-articles burst"...

Quantum, thanks for clearing up the mystery behind all these Google Alerts!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1964 on: November 29, 2017, 06:36:58 PM »
Wow that Forbes article is really good, obviously not up to date with whats going on in this forum but still. Thanks for sharing demo:)

My correspondence with Forbes’ POIS author:

On Nov 29, 2017, at 3:14 PM, Zhana Vrangalova wrote:

Thank you for the kind words! Glad I could help bring awareness to it. I'm not a clinician, I'm more of a science-writer in this case, but I wish you all the best!

Zhana

Quoting demografx:

Thank you for writing the article!

I’ve been moderating the largest POIS forum on the internet for over 10 years now. Your writing is so crucial to our badly needed publicity & awareness of this debilitating condition.

Would love to have you visit!

Best,
“demografx”
Administrator
POISCenter.com

« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 10:51:12 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1965 on: November 29, 2017, 09:47:10 PM »
Google POIS Alert
Postorgasmic Illness Syndrome
As-it-happens update November 30, 2017
NEWS   
“What It's Like to Be Allergic to Your Own Orgasms”
Men's Health Magazine
Dean* was 13 years old the first time he ever masturbated. Immediately after his first orgasm, he found that his energy plummeted and his brain felt slow. “Within like five seconds, I would go from top of the world to just terrible,” Dean, now 24, told Men's Health. Stringing together sentences and saying ...

https://www.menshealth.com/health/inside-post-orgasmic-illness-syndrome

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1966 on: November 30, 2017, 01:39:35 AM »

Careful reading required by POISers when it comes to “allergy” origin!

Quantum can explain better than me.

:)

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1967 on: November 30, 2017, 10:51:08 AM »

My correspondence with Forbes’ POIS author:

On Nov 29, 2017, at 3:14 PM, Zhana Vrangalova wrote:

Thank you for the kind words! Glad I could help bring awareness to it. I'm not a clinician, I'm more of a science-writer in this case, but I wish you all the best!

Zhana

Excellent demo, well done. Hopefully, awareness will be picking up during the coming days/weeks thanks to this new POIS research.  8)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1968 on: November 30, 2017, 04:54:19 PM »
Thank you, Observer, it does seem to be going that way! :)

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 05:00:35 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1969 on: December 01, 2017, 10:10:41 AM »
Google POIS Alert
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome
As-it-happens update December 1, 2017
NEWS   
“Men who get flu-like symptoms after sex might have rare illness”
The Independent
Post-orgasmic illness syndrome (POIS) is a rare condition that gives men flu-like symptoms immediately after they ejaculate. The first case of the chronic disorder was documented in 2002, however, more than 50 patients have since emerged around the world, a new study has found. Sufferers can ...

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/men-flu-symptoms-sex-after-rare-illness-post-orgasmin-illness-syndrome-post-coital-a8084396.html
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 10:31:09 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1970 on: December 01, 2017, 09:25:14 PM »
Google POIS Alert
As-it-happens update December 2, 2017
NEWS   
“It is possible for men to be allergic to sex, research shows”
Netdoctor
If so, it could be that you're allergic to sex. Yes, you heard us right. New research shows that a rare condition called Post-Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS) has affected more than 50 patients around the world since first being documented in 2002 – and it could be more widespread than initially thought.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/healthy-living/sexual-health/news/a29243/men-allergic-to-sex/

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1971 on: December 02, 2017, 03:59:58 AM »
In reading this news flurry, you will realize there is some inaccurate information, questionable hypotheses, etc.

The point of showing the articles is not POIS state-of-the-art accuracy or treatment breakthroughs, but to demonstrate the increased *POIS awareness* they are now making possible.

And this is all coming from Tulane’s work.

Nice preview of possibilities!

Continued POIS publicity means that one day your doctor just might stop scratching his/her head confusedly when you say you have POIS!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 02:12:48 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1972 on: December 04, 2017, 03:30:26 PM »
Google POIS Alert
As-it-happens update  December 4, 2017
NEWS   
“Men allergic to SEX are falling ill with flu-like symptoms - and it could be caused by their own semen”
Daily Mail
This rare and understudied phenomenon known as post-orgasmic illness syndrome, or POIS, is believed to be caused by men

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5143993/Men-allergic-SEX-falling-ill-flu-like-symptoms.html

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #1973 on: December 04, 2017, 04:16:31 PM »
I see what you mean demo with inaccurate information:

''Men who experience flu-like symptoms after having an orgasm are allergic to sex, researchers have found''

Not true. Researchers haven't found proof of allergy yet.

''Complaints of POIS symptoms were reported in their head, eyes, nose, throat, and muscles once their semen came in contact with their skin

Also not true. Patients don't react to their semen when it comes into contact with their skin.

''They didn't feel ill when they masturbated without ejaculating...''

I get sick from the release of pre-ejaculate without ejaculation, I even told Waldinger that myself. This must be an old quote.

''...meaning the more they ejaculated the lesser their symptoms became''.

That is not what hyposensitization is. Oh and go check out the toxic comments in that article, it really brings some POIS awareness to society for sure, these guys should experience pois for a few months before crawling back on their knees crying and begging for relieve.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 04:35:23 PM by Muon »

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1974 on: December 04, 2017, 07:05:12 PM »
Google POIS Alert
NEWS   
“Men allergic to SEX are falling ill with flu-like symptoms - and it could be caused by their own semen”
Daily Mail
This rare and understudied phenomenon known as post-orgasmic illness syndrome, or POIS, is believed to be caused by men

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5143993/Men-allergic-SEX-falling-ill-flu-like-symptoms.html

I posted a comment on this article - I am sure you will find which one :D . I know that Daily Mail is a tabloid newspaper but it still gets a lot of views. We can only hope that some POISers read it and visit this site (I posted the name of this forum in my comment).

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1975 on: December 04, 2017, 08:18:01 PM »
Google POIS Alert
NEWS   
Daily Mail

I posted a comment on this article - I am sure you will find which one :D . I know that Daily Mail is a tabloid newspaper but it still gets a lot of views. We can only hope that some POISers read it and visit this site (I posted the name of this forum in my comment).

Thanks for promoting our site, Observer!! :) :)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1976 on: December 04, 2017, 08:25:46 PM »
I see what you mean demo with inaccurate information:

''Men who experience flu-like symptoms after having an orgasm are allergic to sex, researchers have found''

Not true. Researchers haven't found proof of allergy yet.

''Complaints of POIS symptoms were reported in their head, eyes, nose, throat, and muscles once their semen came in contact with their skin

Also not true. Patients don't react to their semen when it comes into contact with their skin.

''They didn't feel ill when they masturbated without ejaculating...''

I get sick from the release of pre-ejaculate without ejaculation, I even told Waldinger that myself. This must be an old quote.

''...meaning the more they ejaculated the lesser their symptoms became''.

That is not what hyposensitization is. Oh and go check out the toxic comments in that article, it really brings some POIS awareness to society for sure, these guys should experience pois for a few months before crawling back on their knees crying and begging for relieve.

Muon, excellent critique!!

« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 06:21:14 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1977 on: December 05, 2017, 12:27:02 AM »

Google POIS Alert
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome POIS
As-it-happens update  December 5, 2017
NEWS   
“Can men actually be allergic to sex? Spoiler: yes, and so can women.”
Metro US
There might be another reason why men roll over and go to sleep after sex: They're not feeling so good. Post-orgasmic illness syndrome (POIS) is a ...
Men allergic to SEX are falling ill with flu-like symptoms...

https://www.metro.us/sex-dating/post-orgasmic-illness-syndrome-sex-allergy

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1978 on: December 05, 2017, 12:30:05 AM »
Google POIS Alert
NEWS   
Daily Mail

Excellent, Observer! Thank you!

I hope other forum members will follow your good example.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:31:49 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #1979 on: December 05, 2017, 01:56:43 PM »
Google POIS Alert

Several more came in today, including Yahoo News. I won’t post them, we all get the idea by now how this is being reported.