Author Topic: This may seem like a familiar place.  (Read 394560 times)

demografx

• Administrator
Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #855 on: June 06, 2013, 02:05:28 PM »

this great news. can i post it on the other forum.

Sure! :)

CertainlyPOIS and others: feel free to post any POIS news anywhere! The more sufferers we reach the better it is for everyone.

Demo
Usually have major POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks associated with it.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business.

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
« Reply #856 on: June 06, 2013, 06:53:41 PM »
Hey guys as I said before I'm working on a site to help poisers especially newbie to quickly find remedies and more importantly how to use them.
I'm going quite slow, loads of other stuff to do and many many other. Including pois :)

http://www.helpmypois.info/

The site will be online within a week or two I guess.

Bless

Sounds great. Take your time. I've actually put my work on my summary of the member case symptoms and treatments on hold. I have to focus on other things for a while.  I'll give you the link to what I've done so far in case anyone is curious or wants to continue where I left off:

https://sites.google.com/site/poiscompilationsbyvm/

So far I'm just getting links to each member on nsf(since it's difficult to search for a specific member's profile/posts there) while adding at least a few of their symptoms or treatments. I've also added some members' quotes from poiscenter. Ultimately I want to have each member's symptoms and primary treatments listed all on one page so a simple ctrl+f search will enable you to find that data for any member you want. I have it on a separate site for now because if I tried to put it on poiscenter it'd be too large for one post, which would make it difficult to edit.

The other reason I'm doing this is that when I did the member experience compilations with fenugreek, b complex, and saw palmetto I realized the advanced google search is time consuming to use since it gives you a lot of links you don't need and on top of that it misses some data. For instance when I tried an advanced google search of poiscenter for "fenugreek" it completely missed a post by Prancer saying that fenugreek helped him even though he typed "fenugreek" in the post.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 07:06:31 PM by Vincent M »
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

Vincent M

« Reply #857 on: June 06, 2013, 08:21:36 PM »
I'm liking the updates on the research grant applications that Stef is giving us. It's inspirational. Thanks, Stef.
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

Vincent M

« Reply #858 on: June 06, 2013, 08:43:07 PM »
Could someone tell me how to set up my account so every new post on poiscenter will be sent to my email? When I tried clicking on the "subscribe" button at the poiscenter home page it just linked me to a bunch of html code it seemed. Actually that was when I used chrome. When I used firefox clicking on that gave me an option to subscribe to the feed using several options such as "Live Bookmarks" or "Microsoft Office Outlook", but I don't think I ever use either of those.

If I subscribe using the "Google" option will it send the feed to my gmail?

I tried subscribing using the "Google" option and now it's telling me I have to make a homepage with "iGoogle" lol. I'm so confused.

Edit- I tried subscribing using Internet Explorer and it seemed to work, but it looks like it has only reported my last 5 posts so far.

Edit2- I've been looking into how to get an RSS feed from here using chrome(my preferred browser), but it seems chrome is just horrible when it comes to RSS feeds in general. If anyone knows how I could set it up in chrome or how I could have the feed sent to my gmail account that would be great.

Edit3- I've subscribed to "FeedReader Online" and "Bloglines" and was able to subscribe to the RSS feed from those two sites, which is working in chrome. Well this has been an adventure.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 10:24:42 PM by Vincent M »

poiseidon

« Reply #859 on: June 07, 2013, 01:41:30 AM »
Hey I always check on [recent posts] at the bottom of the home  page. This way I don`t miss anything.
After spending loads on supplements I found out that the only thing that works is abstinence. Full stop. And it's free.
Meditation if done correctly is great too.
Also avoiding computers produce faster recoveries and fewer temptations.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #860 on: June 07, 2013, 04:01:27 PM »
I'm liking the updates on the research grant applications that Stef is giving us. It's inspirational. Thanks, Stef.

Ditto!! :) :)
Usually have major POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks associated with it.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business.

Stef

• Administrator
« Reply #861 on: June 07, 2013, 06:22:24 PM »

You're welcome, Vincent M and everyone.

There really won't be much -- if anything -- to advise you all about in the next several months.  NORD's MAC will review the initial applications in early August, weed out those applications that don't have scientific merit and/or very good potential, and then decide who to invite back to submit full proposals.  Then, it's another waiting game -- the final determinations are made in late November/early December.

So -- if you don't hear more from me about your grant -- don't think it's bad news!!!  No news is just no news!

Stef

poiseidon

« Reply #862 on: June 08, 2013, 01:18:55 AM »

There really won't be much -- if anything -- to advise you all about in the next several months.  NORD's MAC will review the initial applications in early August, weed out those applications that don't have scientific merit and/or very good potential, and then decide who to invite back to submit full proposals.  Then, it's another waiting game -- the final determinations are made in late November/early December.

So -- if you don't hear more from me about your grant -- don't think it's bad news!!!  No news is just no news!

Stef

Hey Stef!
Do you mean that the research will actually start on december? How long do you think according to your previous experience we will have to wait before any result? 2014? 2015?

Thanks
After spending loads on supplements I found out that the only thing that works is abstinence. Full stop. And it's free.
Meditation if done correctly is great too.
Also avoiding computers produce faster recoveries and fewer temptations.

Vincent M

« Reply #863 on: June 08, 2013, 01:04:06 PM »
Hey I always check on [recent posts] at the bottom of the home  page. This way I don`t miss anything.

The problem with the recent posts section is that it only records the last ten pages of posts, which is sometimes filled within a couple weeks so if I don't visit for a couple weeks then I have to go clicking through every single thread on the forum which is time consuming.

Since I have set up 3 different places to receive the RSS feed from here I was able to compare them today. So far bloglines.com is the only setup that has worked to reliably receive all the posts from here, but it's still only been a couple of days so it's not fully tested.

Feedreader.com is just plain glitchy and is now not even able to load my feed from poiscenter. Actually I tried logging out and back in and now it is loading the feed, but it has missed a lot of posts in the past couple days.

While the feed reader on internet explorer is easy to access since it's integrated into the navigation bar of the browser it is not feasible, because it has missed a lot of the posts from this site that were posted yesterday and today.

I couldn't figure out how to set up the feed using mozilla firefox.

Does anyone know how to do this or am I the first one who has tried to figure it out? I keep thinking there must be some way to convert the "recent posts" section into a big thread that contains all of the posts ever posted on this site or even maybe just increase the number of pages recorded from 10 to about 50 or 100 pages so the members who've missed a few months of posts can easily get caught up when they return.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 01:21:21 PM by Vincent M »

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #864 on: June 08, 2013, 07:45:59 PM »
Hey I always check on [recent posts] at the bottom of the home  page. This way I don`t miss anything.

The problem with the recent posts section is that it only records the last ten pages of posts, which is sometimes filled within a couple weeks so if I don't visit for a couple weeks then I have to go clicking through every single thread on the forum which is time consuming.

Since I have set up 3 different places to receive the RSS feed from here I was able to compare them today. So far bloglines.com is the only setup that has worked to reliably receive all the posts from here, but it's still only been a couple of days so it's not fully tested.

Feedreader.com is just plain glitchy and is now not even able to load my feed from poiscenter. Actually I tried logging out and back in and now it is loading the feed, but it has missed a lot of posts in the past couple days.

While the feed reader on internet explorer is easy to access since it's integrated into the navigation bar of the browser it is not feasible, because it has missed a lot of the posts from this site that were posted yesterday and today.

I couldn't figure out how to set up the feed using mozilla firefox.

Does anyone know how to do this or am I the first one who has tried to figure it out? I keep thinking there must be some way to convert the "recent posts" section into a big thread that contains all of the posts ever posted on this site or even maybe just increase the number of pages recorded from 10 to about 50 or 100 pages so the members who've missed a few months of posts can easily get caught up when they return.

WOW, thanks for the effort. I see every once in a while that the feed seems to miss a thing or two, but maybe I'm not sure how much.

I use the RSS configuration on Outlook Express. I think other mail clients have RSS feed management. It seems to work fairly well, but I honestly couldn't say how much I might be missing.

Another is google reader.

In any case, the RSS feed IS better than the "Last Posts Since last visit" link. I don't know why, but this does seem to miss quite a few post.

Thanks for investigating and reporting.

Good work you do for the cause of POIS.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

sameer7777

• Kik me "sameeraffandi"
« Reply #865 on: June 09, 2013, 05:10:53 AM »
We should have a button to check all the post .... So we should not miss a single post pls advice ???
AFTER SEX/MASTERBATION (FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS)
1)BACK NECK PAIN GOES TO DOWN SPINE
2)NERVES LIKE SQUEEZED OUT
3)MORNING FEET NERVES PAIN
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION
7)HIGH SUGAR LEVELS (TRIED INSULIN FOR 1 YEAR MAKE ME MORE SICK)

Twitter:@sameer_affandi
sameeraffandi@gmail.com

nenexx

« Reply #866 on: June 09, 2013, 06:28:32 AM »

Stef

When will the actual research start?

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #867 on: June 09, 2013, 08:33:01 AM »

Everybody, we can help out the research process by going here

http://tinyurl.com/k9noay9

and telling the researchers what POIS is.

What has helped you.

What makes it worse.

This is our opportunity to have a voice.

[

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #868 on: June 09, 2013, 08:45:30 AM »

The answers [to POIS] are around the corner!

Stef

Vincent M

« Reply #869 on: June 09, 2013, 11:53:14 AM »
WOW, thanks for the effort. I see every once in a while that the feed seems to miss a thing or two, but maybe I'm not sure how much.

I use the RSS configuration on Outlook Express. I think other mail clients have RSS feed management. It seems to work fairly well, but I honestly couldn't say how much I might be missing.

Another is google reader.

In any case, the RSS feed IS better than the "Last Posts Since last visit" link. I don't know why, but this does seem to miss quite a few post.

Thanks for investigating and reporting.

Good work you do for the cause of POIS.

The "Recent Posts" link at the bottom of poiscenter has never missed a post to my knowledge. Bloglines.com has failed the test as it has missed an entire page of posts that I just read over in the recent posts section. I didn't try Google Reader, because it is going to be shut down on July 1 of this year. It's looking like when I return I'll be forced to click through every single thread on this forum in order to catch up. Daveman, is there really no way to configure the "Recent Posts" section to record more than 10 pages of posts? Could you look into this?

edit- Figured out how to set up microsoft outlook. The password required was just for my email account that I already previously had, but for some reason underneath the box it said it needed a password given to me by my isp, which confused me. I'll test outlook in the upcoming days.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 12:18:09 PM by Vincent M »