Author Topic: not really sure if niacin works ?  (Read 25983 times)

Bulls eye

• Lab1
not really sure if niacin works ?
« on: February 09, 2012, 03:23:54 PM »
i cant seem to find niacin at all where i live , and i'll have to order it overseas and pay about 5 times what its worth in shipping an fees to the department of health to approve it , I've tried Inositol Hexanicotinate and doesnt seem like it helps , i only took it 3 hrs ago and on a full stomach i had an O about 2 days ago and am really going through a really tough pois  period

has anyone found why would it work ?

Nightingale

Re: not really sure if niacin works ?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 06:51:33 PM »
I dunno, niacin doesn't work for me either  :(
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 09:13:16 PM »
I have a hard time getting it too.

For niacin to work, the rules are quite strict. Pure niacin works best. Inositol Hexanicotinate (is a no-flush kind and a modified formula) requires a lot more and I'm not even sure it will work, not the best to test with. I had to find somebody to "sneak the real niacin into the country". I HAD found a gelatine capsule of 300mg but it would be too hard to divide into smaller doses so I didn't try it.

Some say that niacinamide, which is also no-flush works fairly well, but you have to take about 1000 mg. Don't confuse it with this previous no-flush kind.

Pure niacin makes all the difference in the world. Taken after 5 hrs of fasting and one hour before orgasm. You should receive the flush to be sure you have taken enough, which should be around 100mg for most. This formula is very important. If you don't follow it, it probably won't work.

If  you do follow it, it should work very well. It is WELL WORTH THE EFFORT to give it the best try you can. I am basically POIS free now.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Bulls eye

• Lab1
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 11:03:09 PM »
You have no idea how hard is it to get where i live , imagine i'm a pharmacist  who has friends all over chain and non chain pharmacies and couldnt even find one niacin jar in all thier databases
and even people who sneak imported medicine to the country which i deal with on weekly basis cant get it for me

i've asked a friend to get me some niacin he's abroad , he only found this type at 500 mg and i asked him to bring me 2 , http://www.slo-niacin.com/about-slo-niacin

has anyone tried it ?

« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 11:05:27 PM by Bulls eye »

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 12:01:14 PM »
At least that brand is actually nicotinic acid. The no-flush kinds have modified formulas and are not recommended to ease POIS.
But yours is a slow release and not a typical no-flush formula, and reduces the possibility of flushing.

To prevent POIS symptoms, a certain quantity of nicotinic acid has to be taken and actively in the bloodstream. Below that quantity it is not very effective.
Near that quantity it is somewhat effective and just over that quantity it is very effective.

The measure of "that quantity" is the flush. For some it may be more and others less, and this will also depend on the quantity of food that has beenn previously ingested. Ideal 3 to 5 hrs of fast is needed to get the flush (or receive the right quantity of niacin in the blood).

So the problem with this slo-niacin, is that it's designed to deliver niacin slowly, with the principal effect of reducing or preventing the flush. And if one were to take enough to produce flush, the flush would likely last an extended period.

Niacin when taken for longer periods seems to develop a threshold, which allows one to take MORE niacin before the flush is felt. So I'm not exactly sure what would happen if enough was taken to produce a flush. Would the body accommodate and be more resistent to the flush.

If it's all you have, then you have to try to make it work. Perhaps you can help us develop a working formula for that kind of niacin.

So the good part is, that it IS pure niacin and not some chemical derivative. The bad news is that it will be difficult to find a dosage that works for you.

I know niacin doesn't work for everyone, but the formula for having it be effective is so precise that I feel there are several among those for whom it doesn't work that have failed just because they aren't following the very strict protocol.
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

Bulls eye

• Lab1
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 01:12:31 AM »
so I got the slo-niacin 500mg , i took a tablet yesterday and as expected there was no flush which is primarily due to the controled release form , but 2 day i decided to take another tablet but i crushed it first to increase its dissolvance and hence uptake in the stomach and viola ;D ;D i was burning up intensely a mere 30 mins after my face was all red i even bled out an old gum wound , i decided to hold off experimenting till the weekend , too much work cant risk pois now  i'll split the crushed tablets in quarters may be even putting them in IR capsules i'll keep u posted

Stef

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 08:26:42 PM »
so I got the slo-niacin 500mg , i took a tablet yesterday and as expected there was no flush which is primarily due to the controled release form , but 2 day i decided to take another tablet but i crushed it first to increase its dissolvance and hence uptake in the stomach and viola ;D ;D i was burning up intensely a mere 30 mins after my face was all red i even bled out an old gum wound , i decided to hold off experimenting till the weekend , too much work cant risk pois now  i'll split the crushed tablets in quarters may be even putting them in IR capsules i'll keep u posted

Hi Bull's Eye,

It might be quite dangerous to crush a slow-niacin pill.

The pill has a special additive that is meant to deliver the dosage slowly (a "polygel").  Crushing it will break apart that polygel and likely deliver much too high a dose -- and very quickly.  I think the fact that you bled from an old gum wound is an indication that you got much too much niacin, too fast.

Please reconsider trying this again, even in a smaller dosage.

It might be helpful to contact one of the reputable vitamin companies, as they often have international distributors (Solgar, Nature's Bounty, and Nature's Way are some examples of reputable vitamin suppliers).

Bulls eye

• Lab1
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 10:37:53 AM »
 as soon as i got the flush i took diclofenac sachet to stop the excess PG secretion and calm things down but thanks for the concern  :) , I'll do that as I already stated i'll divide them to 4 smaller portions next time and let you know
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 10:39:55 AM by Bulls eye »

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 12:01:15 PM »

I think if you divide it in 4 you should be OK. That would give you 125mg.

I find that if I take the powdered form that comes in a capsule, as Nordnurse says, in direct powdered form it's faster and more potent.

Make your first tests with light food about 30 min before (a piece of bread) and try not to take more than 100mg. Start from there.

But could be a good solution for the member that can't get any other kind in his country.

Bulls eye

• Lab1
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 12:38:27 PM »

I think if you divide it in 4 you should be OK. That would give you 125mg.

I find that if I take the powdered form that comes in a capsule, as Nordnurse says, in direct powdered form it's faster and more potent.

Make your first tests with light food about 30 min before (a piece of bread) and try not to take more than 100mg. Start from there.

But could be a good solution for the member that can't get any other kind in his country.

the thing is is that the polygel formula makes the powder stick together when water is added  and form a slow dissolving gel , which can preceiptate on the lining of the esophagus and the whole dose doeasnt reach the stomach at once , so a better solution is dissolving the powder in water by stirring and adding small portions every min or so then drinking the water at once

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 06:57:05 AM »
OK, can't be worse than taking powder from a capsule as I do sometimes.

When I take the powder (usually to top up if the 100mg doesn't quite make it) the reaction is about 5 min., quite quick.

If I take 50mg that way, most of it doesn't even reach the stomach. It dissolves and absorbs in the esophagus, but it is still effective.

So have you found a good dose yet?

Bulls eye

• Lab1
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 08:09:21 AM »
the thing is if its in a gel form stuck in my mouth lining or the esophagus it has a much lower rate of dissolvance than in the stomach

i took a powdered 1/3 of the tablet had a noticeable flush in my arms but no facial flush what so ever , what do you think ?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 08:25:17 AM by Bulls eye »

Bulls eye

• Lab1
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 08:16:55 AM »
in addition to my workload,  my nutritionist has currently  put me on a diet that would increase my metabolism , which requires eating every 3 hours , quite hard to scheduale a test for "O" on an empty stomach , so i'lm trying to find a higher conc. than the normal 100mg that would work on a somehow full stomach
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 08:22:06 AM by Bulls eye »

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 04:06:44 PM »
But 3 hrs is good. You should be able to get a flush after 3 hrs. But you would have to eat soon afterwards (for your diet), although skipping a bit once a week shouldn't bother.

I'm not sure if eating too close to the flush afterwards can also affect the efficiency or not. It seems that one time I was flushing quite heavily and I eat a piece of bread to see if it would cut the flush short. It "seemed to", but it might have been close to peaking anyways.

About the flushing on the arms and not the face, I'm personally the other way around. Face first, and then if it is a little stronger it hits the arms and legs

But I think each one is different. I tend to have a pink face anyways (my hypertension medication).

I have had fairly good relief with even light flushes. Sometimes if I'm borderline flush (you can feel that it's there, but it doesn't actually make it) I still have relief. Maybe not as good, let's say 75% instead of 95%, and it extends out into day 2.

So any flush indication should be good, but if you get the flush in more than one location, better.

Bulls eye

• Lab1
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 05:59:31 PM »
damn , had an O about 8 hours ago after carefully following your niacin schedule and wow , significant improvement , no heavy cognitive symptoms , no sore joints a little exertion and tiredness but thats all fine 

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 06:19:27 PM »
damn , had an O about 8 hours ago after carefully following your niacin schedule and wow , significant improvement , no heavy cognitive symptoms , no sore joints a little exertion and tiredness but thats all fine 

YEAH!!! Great news!!
For me the good news even goes beyond that. Not only are the POIS symptoms severely reduced but they don't last more than 1 to 1 1/2 days. I find myself even forgetting that I have POIS on day 1!

Good for you!!

Bulls eye

• Lab1
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 06:46:03 PM »
Oh boy that's  very exciting indeed , going through life with out the usual  set back of pois , i've tried several methods over the years none of them worked , i cant believe that i had an O 8 hours ago without the usual symptoms kicking in and i still have energy to do several things

Bulls eye

• Lab1
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 06:49:58 PM »
normally when my pois kicks in  i have problems in maintaining a conversation with a friend , but i just had one about an hour ago not only i was able to go on  i was able to convince him with my point of view which is something that is impossible for me to do in the first days of pois.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 07:16:14 PM »
Very good news! I'm very happy for you, I know how it feels.

It´s like a miracle.

murray

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 08:52:40 PM »
Hey.

I'm new to the group and just starting to process this whole POIS thing...

I was reading about the niacin "schedule" and wondering if that is two doses a day or just one.  And even the days you aren't planning an O, do you still take the niacin.

Thanks,