Author Topic: Sjögren's syndrome  (Read 18833 times)

Disaster

Re: Sjögren's syndrome
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2017, 07:40:52 AM »
I haven't been tested for IgG4 only IgG subclasses
POIS sufferer for over 3 decades. Has progressively gotten worse over the years and I became completely disabled around 2011. My case of POIS is very severe.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2017, 11:35:05 AM »
IgG 1-4 are the IgG subclasses. They have probably ruled this out then.

Disaster

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2017, 11:04:00 PM »
I have low IgG subclasses 1 and 3, normal 2 and 4.
POIS sufferer for over 3 decades. Has progressively gotten worse over the years and I became completely disabled around 2011. My case of POIS is very severe.

ThisType

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2018, 10:19:03 PM »
Sjogrens was one i was tested for as my symptoms were somewhat similar. The medical blood screen indicated I did not have sjogrens. I realized after a time that what was causing my poor speech was actually slight swelling of my tongue and lips (which is part of my POIS symptoms). I've documented elsewhere on a different thread, but specifically what solves these symptoms for me is choline (eggs over easy, Thorne choline tablets both work). The Thorne tablets work in about half an hour to an hour and last for a day or so.
Best,
TT

Disaster

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2018, 04:22:56 AM »
Blood antibodies are only positive in half of Sjogren's and even then further positive testing is needed because the Sjogren's antibodies are found in other conditions like Lupus as well. But negative blood does not by any means rule our sjogren's

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2020, 12:54:20 PM »
Migration happens prior to infiltration. Chemokines mediate chemotaxis. I bet you probably have some sort of chemokine elevated Disaster.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2020, 09:50:29 AM »
Chemokine release from mast cells attracting lymphocytes towards certain glands that are involved in sjogren's?

swell

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2020, 03:15:26 PM »
Hello Vandermolen, I believe you, completely.  I dont like to give this advice, but I am going to:

I believe, dry skin, thinner epithelium layer, breaking apart mucus membranes, these are halmarks (to me) for POIS.  Sjogrens has same symptoms.  Chances are your doc will suspect Sjogrens, however upon advanced testing (i.e. anti-bodies), Sjogrens will be ruled out.  I believe, our thinner epithelium is also the cause for POIS, skin and brain symptoms - skin symptoms being, dry eyes - I used to even get growth under eyelids, dry esophagus (making me susceptible to sore-throat, various allergies), weaker muscles, etc.  And brain symptoms being brainfog, emotional state, anxiety, speech, etc.

I am mostly POIS free now, and trying to get off the too many supplements I take.  I believe, you have to do 2 things:

a) change your diet.  Eat high-fat (healthy fats - plenty of them), and simultaneously reduce your Carbs to minimum. 
b) take 'growth' supplements to help your mucus membranes heal, gut lining grow/heal, epithelium to thicken. 
c) resolve your digestion issues.  Betaine HCL, Digestion enzymes, Bile Salts (purified).

I do not think Sjogren's is at all like POIS. I hade POIS 25 years and Sjogren's 5 years. I never had dryness before 5 years ago. The only symptom similar is the fatigue. But POIS fatigue is caused after Orgasm and Sjogren's is all the time.
POIS Free, 2+ yrs (occasional/predictive lapses)
Pois symptoms: Peripheral (Skin: Urticaria, dryness, pale blotchy skin), Exasperation of: [Nerve weakness, Muscle weakness + Mental (CNS: Brain Fog, Irritation, Isolation, Speech lethargy, Anxiety)].
Other conditions: ASD, ADD, GA

Disaster

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2020, 05:25:08 PM »
Hello Vandermolen, I believe you, completely.  I dont like to give this advice, but I am going to:

I believe, dry skin, thinner epithelium layer, breaking apart mucus membranes, these are halmarks (to me) for POIS.  Sjogrens has same symptoms.  Chances are your doc will suspect Sjogrens, however upon advanced testing (i.e. anti-bodies), Sjogrens will be ruled out.  I believe, our thinner epithelium is also the cause for POIS, skin and brain symptoms - skin symptoms being, dry eyes - I used to even get growth under eyelids, dry esophagus (making me susceptible to sore-throat, various allergies), weaker muscles, etc.  And brain symptoms being brainfog, emotional state, anxiety, speech, etc.

I am mostly POIS free now, and trying to get off the too many supplements I take.  I believe, you have to do 2 things:

a) change your diet.  Eat high-fat (healthy fats - plenty of them), and simultaneously reduce your Carbs to minimum. 
b) take 'growth' supplements to help your mucus membranes heal, gut lining grow/heal, epithelium to thicken. 
c) resolve your digestion issues.  Betaine HCL, Digestion enzymes, Bile Salts (purified).

I do not think Sjogren's is at all like POIS. I hade POIS 25 years and Sjogren's 5 years. I never had dryness before 5 years ago. The only symptom similar is the fatigue. But POIS fatigue is caused after Orgasm and Sjogren's is all the time.

Some theories I see that people come up with are so strange. I have POIS and Sj?gren?s. What makes you think ?thin epithelium? is to blame? That is just an odd thing to blame especially without proof..

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2021, 04:26:36 PM »
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 04:43:10 PM by Muon »

mike_sweden

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2021, 10:41:33 AM »
Sj?gren was a Swede! :-)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2021, 03:40:10 PM »
Intestinal B cell-activating factor: an indicator of non-IgE-mediated hypersensitivity reactions to food?

High levels of BAFF have been reported in patients with allergic disease (asthma) and autoimmune diseases such as systemic lupus erythematosus, Sjogren's syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, systemic sclerosis, mixed cryoglobulinaemia, myasthenia gravis and coeliac disease.12-16 Overexpression of BAFF in animal models leads to B-cell hyperplasia, lymphoproliferation, hypergammaglobulinaemia and symptoms of autoimmunity.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2021, 11:27:36 AM »
Pathophysiologic role of Interleukin-33/ST2 in Sjögren's syndrome

• in pSS, IL-33 is released from damaged epithelial salivary cells

• in pSS, IL-33 exhibits a dual role as alarmin as well as a pro-inflammatory cytokine

• IL-33 might work as a central actor in initiating a vicious auto-inflammatory loop

Is the 3rd point true for POIS?