Author Topic: Supplements Medication and Me  (Read 4093 times)

Iwillbeatthis

Supplements Medication and Me
« on: August 07, 2018, 07:27:47 AM »
Why is it with nearly every supplement/medication I try taking I  always get the same brain fog over stimulation around the side of my head by the ears. I take them with full meals and I still get this. Yes the brain fog isn't as bad as my pois symptoms but it still impairs my speech my ability to articulate and also makes me very on edge anxious. In february I went to see a nutritionist and I was about 2 weeks into the paleo diet so my mineral and vitamin levels could have been altered a bit but heres what I was deficient in at the time.

Copper Result : 9.3        reference interval: 12.5-25
Maganese Result : 8.2    reference interval: 9-40
Zinc Result : 9.8             reference interval : 11.5-20
Red cell Magnesium : 1.99 reference interval: 2.08-3.00     
B2 Result : 1.50               reference interval : <1.20 normal 1.20-1.30 borderline >1.30 deficient

And they didn't have the means to test for for b1, b6 , b3

So I did the autoimmune paleo diet for 3 weeks after doing it my pois symptoms hadn't changed really so I stopped it. So then the nutrionist suggested I take 2 fish oi 1g EPHA, l daily , 1 zinc 15mg with copper, Vitamin D 1000 IU, 2  Vitamin B complex complete daily.

Well after taking those supplements I experienced shooting/stinging pains in my toes, burning in my feet shooting pains around my bladder area, fuzzy feeling on tounge, stabbing pain in throat, brain fog, numbness in face, runny nose, itchy eyes and headaches. So he then recommended me to take one at a time. I took zinc and copper with fish oil and still got a really bad reaction. Well overtime I took them gradually and symptoms were a little better but I would still get an overstimulation in my head and felt really anxious. So I ended up taking them after dinner while I go to bed. However when I would wake up in the morning I would feel really groggy and dehydrated.

So then I went to Mexico and because of all the bad symptoms I was getting with the supplements I just decided to stop taking them. Also the vitamin B complex was making all my clothes and room stink in the heat so I threw it away. I drank alcohol alot there and got really bad brain fog the next day always around midday time (3 hours after waking up) sometimes the brain fog from drinking could last 3 days.

My doctor put my on Anti depressants when I got back from Mexico and I was getting a constant imbalance with brain fog most days. I stopped them after a month and a week. And I still feel imbalanced cognitively  even after taking them. They seem to have aggravated my bladder and brought up pains and sensitivity in that region that I haven't had for years. I also started waking up groggy and dehydrated.

Anyway I met Dr Goldmeier when I was back, he was understanding but he didn't offer any suggestions really or treatment other than psychotherapy and anti histamines.

I do think I should have more specific tests done but my gp doesn't really think I should have any more which is annoying.

And since yesterday I have started a anti candida diet out of desperation, I am not sure if I have invasive candida causing my pois or not.

I am quite lost right now and need some other members to guide me
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 07:29:54 AM by Iwillbeatthis »

Iwillbeatthis

Re: Supplements Medication and Me
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 08:23:45 AM »
What else did the anti depressants do after taking them? Well they have made my neck incredibly stiff and painful. I used to only have lower back pain well now I have the same but in my neck after the ssris.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 08:40:24 AM »
Hi IWBT,

You seem to be very sensible to any supplement or drug.  So, I feel you should go very slowly, introducing/testing only one at a time, and always starting with very low dosage.

For example, testing only omega-3 ( fish oil), and only one capsule, every 2 days or every day, for at least a couple of weeks, and see what it does.

Do you feel sleepy after meals?   Does alcohol make you sleepy after even only one serving? Are the white of your eyes often tainted with greenish/yellowish color, more visible under the eyelids ?  Is your urine dark?  If so, you may have a sluggish, slow liver, and should slowly learn about liver detox.  First step is to drink more source/clean water ( For more detailed info on liver detox, see http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2431.msg20521#msg20521 , and for more specific tips about how to do it, see http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2431.msg21823#msg21823 ).

Also, you seem to have a very reactive nervous system ( just like I do...).   What helps me the most with this is daily meditation/slow breathing exercise.  Only 5 to 10 mins a day will show a huge difference after about 6 to 8 weeks.  Meditation does not have to be complicated.  Just sitting, relaxed, eye closed, and breathing slowly, and observe breathing.  And bringing back attention to breath, whenever one becomes aware that he has not just observed silently a train of passing thoughts, but have jumped on it and have followed it.  When you get the hang of it, you observe passing thoughts like when you are in a subway station - trains pass by, but you stay there, quiet and still, on the platform, and let them come and go. Yoga and Tai Chi are helping too, in calming the nervous system , and reprogramming your body/mind in being less reactive, more detached, and calm.  And they do not have the side effects of anti-depressant drugs ( which may be essential for those who are diagnosed with a depression and really need an anti-depressant, but that does not seem to be your case).

I hope this will help you.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 08:44:06 AM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 09:56:11 AM »
Hi Quantum

Yes sometimes I do feel sleepy after meals but a lot of the times I don't. My eyes are not green or yellow however they are usually red and dry. My pupils are always dilated more than they should be and they are especially in artificially lighted places you can hardly see an blue in my eyes. I also wake up in the mornings with really aching feet.

I have been running and meditating every day for a month now. I had to stop running a few days ago as I now have extremely sore ankle joints on both feet which are purple and red round the bones and joints. I have also been doing the iceman breathing technique but I find this can also give me inflammation of the temples in my head it also makes my feet burn while I do the technique. When I have cold showers my feet also burn and I do have the same inflammation in my brain after cold showers as I do with hot. So I have found that moderate heat (neither hot or cold) is the best for me with showers. I do wonder if the brain if my brain fog is due to increased blood flow or fluids to the brain or just a complete imbalance of neurotransmitters.

When I mediate thoughts rarely come into my head, I barely have an internal monologue with myself in my brain just in general. I actually tried a flotation tank the other day but it was slightly ruined as I got a severe neck pain towards the end of it I guess its because my neck was lying in an unusual position compared with an actual pillow.

When I have mediated for a long time I can sometimes I can get into a highly vibrational state which is the step before leading into astral projection (out of body experience) but thats a whole different story and probably not appropriate for this forum.

Many thanks

dizzy

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 04:53:04 PM »
burning in my feet

My sister had burning sensations in her feet. Turned out she was B12 deficient. She got a number of B12 injections, and that solved her burning feet problems.
Male, INTJ. POIS symptoms: red eyes, ear-pain, anxiety, speech problems, pale/ugly skin, stiff neck, double chin, tinnitus, light sensitivity. POIS even after stimulation without O.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 10:42:13 PM »
Why is it with nearly every supplement/medication I try taking I  always get the same brain fog over stimulation around the side of my head by the ears. I take them with full meals and I still get this. Yes the brain fog isn't as bad as my pois symptoms but it still impairs my speech my ability to articulate and also makes me very on edge anxious. In february I went to see a nutritionist and I was about 2 weeks into the paleo diet so my mineral and vitamin levels could have been altered a bit but heres what I was deficient in at the time.

Copper Result : 9.3        reference interval: 12.5-25
Maganese Result : 8.2    reference interval: 9-40
Zinc Result : 9.8             reference interval : 11.5-20
Red cell Magnesium : 1.99 reference interval: 2.08-3.00     
B2 Result : 1.50               reference interval : <1.20 normal 1.20-1.30 borderline >1.30 deficient

And they didn't have the means to test for for b1, b6 , b3

So I did the autoimmune paleo diet for 3 weeks after doing it my pois symptoms hadn't changed really so I stopped it. So then the nutrionist suggested I take 2 fish oi 1g EPHA, l daily , 1 zinc 15mg with copper, Vitamin D 1000 IU, 2  Vitamin B complex complete daily.

Well after taking those supplements I experienced shooting/stinging pains in my toes, burning in my feet shooting pains around my bladder area, fuzzy feeling on tounge, stabbing pain in throat, brain fog, numbness in face, runny nose, itchy eyes and headaches. So he then recommended me to take one at a time. I took zinc and copper with fish oil and still got a really bad reaction. Well overtime I took them gradually and symptoms were a little better but I would still get an overstimulation in my head and felt really anxious. So I ended up taking them after dinner while I go to bed. However when I would wake up in the morning I would feel really groggy and dehydrated.

So then I went to Mexico and because of all the bad symptoms I was getting with the supplements I just decided to stop taking them. Also the vitamin B complex was making all my clothes and room stink in the heat so I threw it away. I drank alcohol alot there and got really bad brain fog the next day always around midday time (3 hours after waking up) sometimes the brain fog from drinking could last 3 days.

My doctor put my on Anti depressants when I got back from Mexico and I was getting a constant imbalance with brain fog most days. I stopped them after a month and a week. And I still feel imbalanced cognitively  even after taking them. They seem to have aggravated my bladder and brought up pains and sensitivity in that region that I haven't had for years. I also started waking up groggy and dehydrated.

Anyway I met Dr Goldmeier when I was back, he was understanding but he didn't offer any suggestions really or treatment other than psychotherapy and anti histamines.

I do think I should have more specific tests done but my gp doesn't really think I should have any more which is annoying.

And since yesterday I have started a anti candida diet out of desperation, I am not sure if I have invasive candida causing my pois or not.

I am quite lost right now and need some other members to guide me

Hey I also had this problem for a while.  I came to the conclusion that anything unnatural just set off some type of immune reaction to it.  I was really bad to the point where anything felt way too overstimulating.  Recently, and this is really recent and way too preliminary for actual results.  But I have been experiencing some relief in this area with black seed oil... and it also helps me sleep.  Ive been taking 3 drops before bed for about 2 weeks and so far it has helped me sleep, and to tolerate vitamins and caffeine better, but I try to stay away from them.  Overall I feel it dampens my reaction to certain foods I would react to.  For example, red bull would keep me up all night even if taken during the day, but now I have been sleeping really well even if I drink a red bull... so basically I think it takes something off of the reaction, and this is way too early to even say something about it, but if you're in desperation it "might" help.
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 08:27:02 AM »

Hey I also had this problem for a while.  I came to the conclusion that anything unnatural just set off some type of immune reaction to it.  I was really bad to the point where anything felt way too overstimulating.  Recently, and this is really recent and way too preliminary for actual results.  But I have been experiencing some relief in this area with black seed oil... and it also helps me sleep.  Ive been taking 3 drops before bed for about 2 weeks and so far it has helped me sleep, and to tolerate vitamins and caffeine better, but I try to stay away from them.  Overall I feel it dampens my reaction to certain foods I would react to.  For example, red bull would keep me up all night even if taken during the day, but now I have been sleeping really well even if I drink a red bull... so basically I think it takes something off of the reaction, and this is way too early to even say something about it, but if you're in desperation it "might" help.

Hi GLC,

It is the first time I hear of black seed oil ( Nigella sativa, also called black cumin seed).   It seems to be beneficial for many functions in the body  ( https://examine.com/supplements/nigella-sativa/ ).  Good for allergies, for inflammation, against infections, and so on.  It is also a good natural acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, so it helps for cognitive function ( it boosts acetylcholine activity).

Let us know how it goes on the long run with it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:39:38 AM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Going less Crazy

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 09:32:53 PM »

Hi GLC,

It is the first time I hear of black seed oil ( Nigella sativa, also called black cumin seed).   It seems to be beneficial for many functions in the body  ( https://examine.com/supplements/nigella-sativa/ ).  Good for allergies, for inflammation, against infections, and so on.  It is also a good natural acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, so it helps for cognitive function ( it boosts acetylcholine activity).

Let us know how it goes on the long run with it.

I only heard about it the other day too. I'm still tweaking with the dosage but overall it is helping.  It boosts gaba.  Too much and I'm tired the next day, too little I get worse quality sleep.  I will update sometime.
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2018, 08:28:32 AM »
Im going to try it goinglesscrazy and i will let you know the results.

thanks!

Going less Crazy

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 12:08:19 AM »
Im going to try it goinglesscrazy and i will let you know the results.

thanks!

It does something but I am still not sure about it just yet.  My experience at first was gaba boosting (calmness and tiredness, perhaps my gaba levels were low), now I feel like it gives me energy while I've been calm this entire time.  I've gotten to 5 drops in the morning instead of at night.  Results still unclear.