Author Topic: Tetany  (Read 346 times)

mardi

Tetany
« on: July 30, 2018, 10:03:25 AM »
Hello everybody,

I’m writing here because I think that I discovered something important, but I could not find anything related to this in our forum.
I am suffering from POIS for years, with heavier and lighter moments. But in this period it’s getting heavier, so I thought to talk with a neurologist. She did not know anything about POIS, but she asked me to make an EMG test. I made it and the result was really interesting: latent tetany (or spasmophilia).
You can read something in the web about it: in few words, it is a neurological disorder that is caused by the lack of calcium absorption by the cells. The consequence is that there are spasm, shivers, prostration, brain fog… and a lot more of neurological problems.
Now, is this just a case? Is it a case that for a lot of people magnesium, calcium and D vitamin work? These are the products that are necessary to take to heal Tetany.
What if the problem would be that orgasm create a tetany attack? Has someone already thought about it?
Has somebody done a EMG test?

Nas

Re: Tetany
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 10:59:44 AM »
I know this just me asking stupid questions,
But what if POIS is a case of calcium deficiency?
I don't consume enough calcium personally; I don't have issues with bone health, so as I said, probably a stupid question.   

b_jim

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 11:55:55 AM »
I have tetany all the time and especially stronger after orgasm.
Magnesium and vitamin D help but taurine helps more.

The cause is not clear, but the causes you givae are good. Possible acethylcholine rush too.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

mardi

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 12:19:43 PM »
I know this just me asking stupid questions,
But what if POIS is a case of calcium deficiency?
I don't consume enough calcium personally; I don't have issues with bone health, so as I said, probably a stupid question.

Dear Nas, thank you for your answer.
It is not a stupid question (stupid question do not exist, only stupid answers!). Infact, the lack of calcium in tetany is not correlated to the calcium that you see in common blood tests. The serum-calcium can be ok, but still not absorbed by the cells. The blood test to make to understand if it is correlated with tetany is the infra-cellular calcium. Unluckily this test is not very common, at least here in Italy.
I think that calcium has a really important function in POIS: maybe it is not the main reason, but for sure it has something in common with it. We should understand why calcium is not absorbed by cells, and if it is possible to fix that.

mardi

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 12:26:06 PM »

The cause is not clear, but the causes you givae are good. Possible acethylcholine rush too.

Dear Bjim,
could I ask you how you discovered that you have tetany?
could you write something more about taurine, how to assume it, how much and when? Or indicate some link?

Thank you

Nas

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 02:21:58 PM »
Hey Mardi,
Do you have your EMG test papers? If so would you please post them on this thread: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2684.0
Thank you.

b_jim

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 03:44:38 PM »

Dear Bjim,
could I ask you how you discovered that you have tetany?
could you write something more about taurine, how to assume it, how much and when? Or indicate some link?

Thank you

Simply my eyelides start to tremors and then all my muscles.
I recommand to test 500mg during two weeks to see improvement or not. Brand seems not important.
Taurine = Anti-Pois