Author Topic: New member - Emotional Pois  (Read 6554 times)

ErezPois

New member - Emotional Pois
« on: March 31, 2018, 07:51:17 AM »
Hello everyone, first, I have to say that english is not my native language, so I hope you will forgive me :)

It took me so long to understand that to my problem there is a name, and im not the only one in the world who have it.
6 years ago (after some critic changes in my life), i had depression,which i could manage with therapy, and some other stuff that includes drugs using (which was very, very, very bad decision).
Long story short, since then, I have pois.
My pois is mostly emotionaly. My symptoms are tough depression, anxiety, angryness, tough mood changes,  fatigue and unmotivational. I have to say that basically, i am very healthy, im exercising 3 times a week, I eat good and healthy, and im very active in my life. After im ejaculating, i cant live my life the same, im so depressed and anxius, i feel very tired and weak. I know that my pois is from biochimical changes and not from being allergy to my semen.
I really need your help and suggestions, because i feel that I just missing something to fix it.
Few more thing -
*I have no depression anymore, its just back after ejaculation. I know that the drugs I took(Cymbalta), played with my nervous system, and since than everything that i do, even smoke a cigarete, makes me anxious and depressed.

*My last ejaculation was with playing with my prostate while masturbrating(tried it for the first time). its a lot more stronger cumming - so there are also stronger symptoms(way more tougher).

Observer

• Global Moderator
Re: New member - Emotional Pois
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 03:03:54 PM »
Hello everyone, first, I have to say that english is not my native language, so I hope you will forgive me :)

It took me so long to understand that to my problem there is a name, and im not the only one in the world who have it.
6 years ago (after some critic changes in my life), i had depression,which i could manage with therapy, and some other stuff that includes drugs using (which was very, very, very bad decision).
Long story short, since then, I have pois.
My pois is mostly emotionaly. My symptoms are tough depression, anxiety, angryness, tough mood changes,  fatigue and unmotivational. I have to say that basically, i am very healthy, im exercising 3 times a week, I eat good and healthy, and im very active in my life. After im ejaculating, i cant live my life the same, im so depressed and anxius, i feel very tired and weak. I know that my pois is from biochimical changes and not from being allergy to my semen.
I really need your help and suggestions, because i feel that I just missing something to fix it.
Few more thing -
*I have no depression anymore, its just back after ejaculation. I know that the drugs I took(Cymbalta), played with my nervous system, and since than everything that i do, even smoke a cigarete, makes me anxious and depressed.

*My last ejaculation was with playing with my prostate while masturbrating(tried it for the first time). its a lot more stronger cumming - so there are also stronger symptoms(way more tougher).

Hello Erez Pois, thanks for sharing your personal account and welcome to our forum.

Your case sounds like mine, so I would suggest that you consider to use niacin or Vitamin B-3 (the flush-one) and follow the protocol.

From my own experience and your symptoms, I think you can obtain very good results with niacin. Niacin might work by blocking adrenaline conversion and could be protecting your organism and mind from the consequences of an adrenaline surge, which can linger for some days.

However, we are still not sure about how POIS might work and we would like to start a proper research. We already have the funds for doing so. Do you know doctors in your area who might be interested in starting a research about this syndrome?

Demografx and Quantum (and I, of course!) will appreciate any info you could have in this regard.

ErezPois

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 02:19:29 AM »
Im really appreciate your fast and detailed replying.
I would like to ask a few question.
I cant figure what do you mean by using the flush one. What is it? Translate problem. Also, you said to follow the protocol. Which protocol?

The adrenaline issue is a new thing for me. do you have maybe some more information about that?

About the doctors, im new to it, so I need to look for somwone. I have contacted with someone who were mentioned in the forum once. Im waiting for him to answer me. It will take a dew days because its an holiday in my country right now. I will update about it.

One more thing. I have started my own blog where im writing down what did i do different from other days, and if it helps me. For example, yesterday, i was sitting under the sun for a few hours, and I could feel after that it lowered my symptoms for a bit (lack of vitamin d maybe? ).
I will share it with you.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 03:05:07 AM by ErezPois »

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 01:32:26 PM »
Im really appreciate your fast and detailed replying.
I would like to ask a few question.
I cant figure what do you mean by using the flush one. What is it? Translate problem. Also, you said to follow the protocol. Which protocol?

The adrenaline issue is a new thing for me. do you have maybe some more information about that?

About the doctors, im new to it, so I need to look for somwone. I have contacted with someone who were mentioned in the forum once. Im waiting for him to answer me. It will take a dew days because its an holiday in my country right now. I will update about it.

One more thing. I have started my own blog where im writing down what did i do different from other days, and if it helps me. For example, yesterday, i was sitting under the sun for a few hours, and I could feel after that it lowered my symptoms for a bit (lack of vitamin d maybe? ).
I will share it with you.

A flush-niacin is a fast release niacin, which means that it enters in the bloodstream really fast. The opposite one is a slow-release niacin, also known as niacinamide... However, I wouldn't suggest trying the last one as research shows that it can inflict damage to the liver if used continuously. If you wait a few minutes, your upper-chest, your face, your shoulders and even the rest of your body will turn red and you will feel a burning sensation, that will last for several minutes.

A flush-niacin can be found here for example:

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Nature-s-Way-Niacin-100-mg-100-Capsules/1999
https://www.iherb.com/pr/Solgar-Niacin-Vitamin-B3-100-mg-100-Tablets/48592

According to some members (and that includes me), both brands work.

The protocol is to find your optimal dose, which should be around 150-250 mg, take them in a nearly empty-stomach (you have to crush them before to facilitate the digestion), and wait for the flush to appear. Then you need to wait until it starts to recede... that will happen around 45-50 min after taking the pills. Then you will have a "window of opportunity" where you can orgasm freely, possibly without suffering cognitive/fatigue symptoms afterwards.

So the bottom line is: wait at least 50 minutes after taking the niacin. It is a pre-requisite to have the flush or it will not work. I have experienced it several times.

You cannot do it every day (for example) because your body gets used to the niacin, and you will not experience the flush the next times. If this happens to you, you should stop to take niacin for a few days until you can get the effect again. In my case, I don't get POIS after taking niacin so that means that it has really positive effects on me.

Let us know about the answer you might receive from your doctor, we will be waiting for it! It would be great if you share your blog with us, as well!

Best,

ErezPois

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 07:27:22 AM »
So if I understand right, the niacin works (in specific dosage) only before sex? Thats odd. If the niacin, somehow, does work, it meant that it adjust something in our body chemicals(something that miss), dont it? So why not consider taking it everyday in low dosage, or something alike?
I do believe that in my condition (and in yours, as you said), its a result of some chemicals absence, so why not trying to solve it with supplements? What do you think? I will glad to hear your own perspective about it.

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 04:42:00 PM »
So if I understand right, the niacin works (in specific dosage) only before sex? Thats odd.

Yes and yes  ;D

If the niacin, somehow, does work, it meant that it adjust something in our body chemicals(something that miss), dont it? So why not consider taking it everyday in low dosage, or something alike?

No, this alternative has been already tried and I don't think it has produced results. You need to reach a threshold where niacin would act opening your blood vessels and creating a flush effect. No flush, no POIS relief. (at least for me, other members have reported that you need to increase your dose in that case.

As I told you this could be caused by a blockade of an adrenaline surge:

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=508.0

I do believe that in my condition (and in yours, as you said), its a result of some chemicals absence, so why not trying to solve it with supplements? What do you think? I will glad to hear your own perspective about it.

You can find a lot info on the forum about supplementation. Vitamin-B are at the top but you should exercise caution when supplementing with certain Vitamins, especially Vitamin B-6. Testosterone, Vitamin-D or taurine also seem to work for some of us. Cutting sugars can be really effective as well.

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=206.0

I would also recommend that you visit the thread about POIS types, we consider that there could be more than one cause behind POIS. According to my own theory some of us could be suffering from an overactive sympathetic system that gets triggered after Orgasm.

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2338.0

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 06:39:34 PM »
So if I understand right, the niacin works (in specific dosage) only before sex? Thats odd.

Yes and yes  ;D

;D
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

ErezPois

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 10:20:01 AM »
Hey, thanks a lot for the tones of information you gave me. Really really intresting and useful!
Something that makes me wonder, why the niacin works in high dosage? Why is it lower the symptoms? If you know how it works and why it works, maybe if you could understand what is "wrong" with you (from the chemical aspect, or any other aspect), and why, niacin, specific,  works with you, you will be able to "fix" it..

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 09:27:12 AM »
Hey, thanks a lot for the tones of information you gave me. Really really intresting and useful!
Something that makes me wonder, why the niacin works in high dosage? Why is it lower the symptoms? If you know how it works and why it works, maybe if you could understand what is "wrong" with you (from the chemical aspect, or any other aspect), and why, niacin, specific,  works with you, you will be able to "fix" it..

Another interesting that seems to be working is meditation and breathing exercises. As this is one of the methods to calm the vagus nerve and the sympathetic system, I think this could be my case. But we have seen many types of POIS, so I don't know if this can be applied to everyone:

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2338.0

fernab

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 03:25:57 AM »
Hi All,

I am new to this site. I have a strong suspicion that I also suffer POIS. But not sure about it. I read here that there are many different types of POIS with different symtoms and different remedies depending on each type of POIS. May any of you help me identify if I am really suffering POIS?... I would say yes. But would like to share and explain my case...

By the way, I am having troubles in order to Post here, because there is a question (Verification Question) I am not able at all to answer correctlly. Each time I see the question: 'Which is the user Admin'?... I am not able to answer it correctly. I would appreciate if anybody tells me which is the correct answer to be able to Post without any problem. I only know the answer for 'Which symtom of POIS is b/f'. And thanks to that I will be able to Post this.... hopefully.

Thank you.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2018, 06:49:12 PM »
Hi fernab, and welcome to the forum,

I heard you already have received the answer  for the security question by another moderator.

About you having POIS or not, you will have to give us more information about your symptoms and the pattern in which they occur.  With more details, we could help you see if you have POIS or not.

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

fernab

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2018, 04:39:35 AM »
Thank you Quantum. Yes, you are right, another moderator already told me the security answer.

My main symtoms are after eyaculation are:

1.- I feel strong palpitations (they seem to be related to some kind of difficult breathing).
2.- Muscles pain and fatigue.
3.- Insomnia (some times I wake up in the middle of the night with those palpitations and general discomfort).
3.- Intestinal discomfort with punctual diarrhea (day after or two after eyaculation).
4.- A burning feeling in the urethra after some precum drops are getting out (no need to eyaculate to feel this, endeed all these symtoms appear just with precum. with eyaculation symtoms are stronger and last for more time, of course).
5.- Running nose.
6.- Red eyes.
7.- Skin manifestations (in specific areas of the face).
8.- On rare occasions feeling of dull head...

Maybe I have some more I am forgetting right now... but as I remember, I'll tell you

Do you think they related to POIS?... I would say yes... but not sure at all...

Hopeoneday

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 05:12:25 AM »
Hi fernab.
I hawe all this same as you. It is linked to pois 100%.
But all this symptomps could be some underlaying ilnes and trigered x10 after eyaculation or arosaul.
It is quite scared felling when breathing and palpilations ocured, espesualy in laying position.

My advice to you is to take care not to eat much food 3 to 4 hours prior bad time because we hawe indigestion.
That mean my sugestion is to hawe atention to yours gut and diet(food sensibility and intolerances) as well.
Start to eat antiinflamatory foods and stuff.
Start taking magnesium and some good vitamins suplements.
Start to do light yoga streching exersise.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 05:14:01 AM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.

fernab

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2018, 08:02:29 AM »
Thank you Hopeoneday,

I began 4 years and a a half ago with POIS symtoms. At first, symtoms were very soft compared to now.

It is still very recent that I began to suspect my problem was about POIS. In my case, thanks to an allergologist in my country, who told me that probally my symtoms were due to a rare illness named POIS. He told me this 6 months ago, but i could not believe It... I was really fed up to go to so many doctors... And none of them haven't a clue of which was muy real problem. Except this allergologist...none has any idea... I was so upset. But recentlly, in early february, i remembered what this allergologist told me....and went to Wikipedia to read what was POIS about. I saw It was so similar to my symtoms, that I began to search more info on the Internet. And this way, I found this wonderful forum. Were we all can share so much info and experiences. As many of you, during a very long period was thinking I was the only in the world having this strange illness. But now, I see we are much more people. Maybe there is much, much more with POIS but without knowing It. Since almost every doctor don't know even the existence of this illness. I am really Happy to know I am no alone now.

Thank you so much Hopeoneday.

fernab

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 11:06:04 AM »
Hopeoneday,

By arosaul you mean some precum drops?

When I have this precum getting out I begin to feel a stinging sensation, and quicly after a general body reaction begins with palpitations, difficult breathing, similar to asthma. This takes some hours to calm down. But after, muscle pain and fatigue appear.

Seems that at the beginning an allergic reaction or something very similar triggers all these symtoms.

Does anybody knows which is the correct allergic test to know if I am allergic to my own seminal liquid?.... I already did a prick-prick allergic test on my arm. But the result was strangely negative. I read that 88% of POIS sufferers are allergic to autologus seminal liquid. Does this means I am not allergic to my own seminal liquid? Or that a prick-prick test is not the appropriate test?

If anybody knows it, please let me know.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2018, 06:58:46 PM »
Hi fernhab,

Like HOD, I sure think tht you have POIS.  All of your symptoms are known POIS possible symptoms, but not all POIS sufferers have all the same symptoms, or no member has all possible symptoms.

About skin-prick test, a Chinese study has shown that it is not useful for diagnosing POIS, because they found that men in the control group ( with no POIS) have tested positive to the skin-prick test with their own semen.  So, for now, there is no test for POIS diagnostic, and we have to rely on the clinical presentation to recognize it ( triggered by ejaculation, standard duration of a few days to a week, spontaneous recovery after that, and so on....)

And you are right, it helps a lot to know you are not alone, and, on the forum, you will find useful information, and hopefully, a method for relieving your symptoms, among those that have been found by other members  ( see , for example, at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2338.msg19448#msg19448  )

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

fernab

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2018, 07:07:21 PM »
Thank you so  much Quantum for your answer. My mother tongue is not english, so please, let me know if i tell you something that have no sense in english. Will try to express it differently. In order you understand what I mean.

Regarding the time POIS symtoms should last. it seems weird for me that now they stay with me much longer than one week. I remember that long time ago they lasted for two or three days in the worst case. This was this way at the very beginning. And stayed like this around 7 months. More or less. After this 7 months, POIS symtoms disappeared. But only for one or two months (don't remember exactlly). Don't know now if they disappeared because I have been in abstinence during a certain amount of time. In any case, now, my POIS symtoms seem to be with me in a permanent way. Not for sure. But I already tried 3 months of continued abstinence. And they continued during the 3 months. Not with the same intensity. Maybe they were decreasing, but at a very slow pace. Don't know if with a larger abstinence time they would finally disappeared or not.

Something important that also happened to me recently is that after having been riding in sled, a few days later, I began to have testicular and pelvic pain. Many doctors have oscultated me without finding any evidence of perineum or testicular contusion. They did me an MRI to look for inflamed areas. They found inflammation in the periphery of my prostate. But they did not include the testicular area in the MRI.
Due to the fact that I knew precum is causing me POIS symtoms, I asked an urologist about the place in the body where precum is stored. He told me about bulbourethral glands just below the prostate. So it's possible that due to simple pressure some precum has caused me in any way this peripheral inflammation internally. And maybe another seminal liquid on testicles is also causing me this hypersensibilty and pain (but this is just an assumption, since the MRI, did not included testicles). Nothing makes doctors think it's due to a bruise. In fact, I don't remember any blow during the riding. They know now I am a POIS sufferer.  And I am also waiting for further medical studies. Because since this riding I feel pain on testicles or perineum after being seatted during some time.

Do you know if any other POIS sufferer haves these permanent symtoms without having any precum or eyaculation after a long time period?

And, do you know any other case where a POIS sufferer can not sit without feeling pain on the genital área?

Again, thank you so much, Quantum.