Author Topic: [UPDATED:Last update May, 23rd.] Antivirals.  (Read 23331 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: [UPDATED] Antivirals.
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2018, 12:43:56 PM »
Maybe I will make a start describing these symptoms more in detail for the upcoming weeks somewhere. Let's discuss about antivirals otherwise we will pollute this thread with other things.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2018, 01:13:38 PM »
Got lots of problems with triggers like heat, food, stress, fatigue, exercise you name it. This symptomatology is similar as seen in mast cell diseases.

I used to be the same way.  Exercise, crying, hot showers...  Believed these just spread the inflammation in my gut.  No longer have these anymore after diet.
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Hopeoneday

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2018, 03:03:37 PM »
Muon i agree but worth to mention when pasing tru posts(by the way i didnt know that medical care in "neherland is olso fuxxed").
GlC thanks, yours info are gold.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 04:38:26 PM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.

Nas

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2018, 09:59:51 AM »
Hi all,
I just wanted to update this thread that I have cut the use of aciclovir a week a go after seeing that even an 800mg dosage doesn't work for me.
Muon suggested to crush the tablest and dissolve it in water, I tried that but didn't do much.
Nanna also suggested using Valacyclovir for better bio-availability but I'm yet to try it.

Michael218

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2018, 06:32:12 AM »
Nas, how did you go with taking Fish Oil, Lecithin and high dose Vitamin B's?

I was one of the worst POIS sufferers on this forum, literally, I could barely leave the house for 2 full days after an orgasm. It was terrifying. Now I am one step away from being about 90% POIS free with the exception of NE's, which absolutely screw me up as before. I can't say I live in total fear of them, a planned release every 4 days generally means an avoidance of NEs.

I wonder if you took the right doses of B1, B6, B12 and B3 all together. Plus magnesium and fish oil etc. Honestly, i still dont know which pills are effective so I take them all. Plus curcumin now.

I believe most people, if they keep up daily fish oil, and take Bs, C, Mg, E, etc... zinc after o with food... that there should be a massive reduction in POIS...

Nas

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2018, 10:13:59 AM »
Hello Michael,
Yes I did and fish oil is great for cognitive support but after I ran out I didn't order a new pack anymore. I also took B1, B12, B9 and I'm not sure if they helped because I usually take them in a pack with fish oil and Sam-e. I also took lecithin with that pack and again I'm not sure if it did anything. How much did you take these medications? and when did you feel that they started to take effect ?

Hopeoneday

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2018, 01:42:42 PM »
If somwone get help from antivirals it is posibility to hawe  Autoimmune Encephalitis.

The diagnosis and posible couses- The Diagnosis and Treatment of Autoimmune Encephalitis

A common cause in both healthy and immune-compromised patients, with particular predilection for the temporal lobes86
Specific anti-viral therapy may be life-saving
Rare cases of secondary anti-NMDAR encephalitis afterwards85

All posible known couses are here- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4712273/
Dr-pois.

Michael218

« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2018, 06:45:51 AM »
Nas the effect was immediate.

The key is probably in the dosage, and the timing.

You are also missing B6. Based on previous posts by others, B6 is very important.

Why waste your time trying out this and that. What I did was buy all of them together (Vitamin C, E, B1, B3, B6, B12, D, Fish Oil, Lecithin, Magnesium, Zinc and Curcumin) and take all of them together about 1 hour and 20 minutes prior to orgasm. It knocked out pretty much all my symptoms, don't ask me which actual vitamin was responsible, I am too scared to eliminate any of them to narrow it down because my POIS is so severe. So I just take them all. I even include Vitamin D now.

I do not take them every day. I believe it is key to only take them prior to orgasm. Not on other days. You don't want to build up an immunity to them.

The doses I take have been listed in a previous post. I do not take the B complex, the doses were really low compared to taking each one individually. I would take each B individually. For example in my B complex there is only 50 mcg of B12, but if you buy B12 individually, it is 1000 mcg. Literally 20 times the amount. In testing phase, I would not waste time on smaller doses, I can always reduce the dosage later...

Good luck!!

aswinpras06

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2018, 01:12:25 AM »
Here is my update on using acyclovir 800mg twice a day after food for 10 days.

Had 'O' on the 7th day.  Got 60% reduction of pois on day 1 and 80% on day 2.  The sinus and gut problems were very much reduced.  on day 3 complete reduction of all symptoms.

Next trial I used acyclovir 400mg twice a day and added azithromycin(a broad spectrum antibiotic) 500mg once a day for 5 days.  Had 'O' on the 3rd day.  Got 70% relief on day 1 and 100% on day 2.

Usually my pois lasts for about 5 days with sinus,slurring of speech and gut problems the most difficult ones.

The antiviral and antibiotic combination eliminates this within 2 days.    So in my case most probably a latent infection which activates causes my pois, due to immune system dysfunction.

I will try using supplements used by our fellow bloggers to prevent this immune system malfunction and will post if I find anything that works.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2018, 03:37:11 AM »
Thanks, keep reporting.

----In terms of what pathogen might actually be infecting the vagus nerve, note that Dr John Chia has pointed out that if you have an enterovirus infection of the stomach (the stomach is a major viral reservoir for enterovirus infections), then this enterovirus infection can actually get into the vagus nerve, where this nerve links to the stomach, and then the virus can travel along the entire length of the vagus nerve until it reaches the point where this nerve enters the brain. (And presumably the enterovirus may then enter and infect the brain too, where it likely precipitates more ME/CFS symptoms).
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/can-my-me-be-caused-by-infection-of-vagus-nerve-by-herpes-viruses.39835/

So conceivably, as the virus travels along the vagus nerve, it may also remain within this nerve as a permanent, chronic nerve infection, thereby leading to the autonomic nervous system symptom of ME/CFS.

The mechanism by which viruses like enterovirus travel along the vagus nerve is known as retrograde axonal transport. Studies have shown that enterovirus 71 travels along nerves by this mechanism (ref: 1). Poliovirus also travels along nerves by retrograde axonal transport (ref: 1)----
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 05:33:55 AM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.

Nas

« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2018, 06:00:29 PM »
Thanks for the update, Aswinpras06,
Demn, why then it didn't work out for me? :\
I've never seen a single medication on this website that everyone tried and said it was beneficial.
Acyclovir is not tested by everyone here though, still it didn't work out for me, I even tried to crush the tablet for better solubility in the stomach but still no effect. Yet, all my trials were like 400mg twice while you mentioned 800 twice a day, I tried an 800mg dosage once but it had zero effects so I was demotivated to continue with the treatment.
You also mention an antibiotic, but is that really a good idea? Wouldn't taking antibiotics for non-bacterial infection 1) shouldn't work because we're dealing with a viral infection (in theory) 2) It could run you in to the risk of causing bacterial infections to evolve passed your antibiotic's ability and cause you a non-treatable infection - god forbids?

Nas

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2018, 06:08:31 PM »
That's true Hopeoneday, but we still need a way to prove that we have a viral infection in the first place, the effectiveness of Acyclovir on some members here could be a clue but I didn't get an effect personally out of the medication. 

nanna1

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2018, 09:35:49 PM »
Hi Nas

I am sorry your experience with acyclovir was not positive. Acyclovir is not effective against all types of herpes viruses. If an individual has an Epstein-Barr/HHV-4 or HHV-6 infection, acyclovir will have no effect. It is an unfortunate fact that there are not effective antivirals for HHV-4 through HHV-8.  :'(

Anti-herpetic antiviral medications (such as acyclovir (Zovirax), famciclovir (Famvir), penciclovir (Denavir) and valacyclovir (Valtrex)) have been used to treat a number of neurological diseases (epilepsy, migraine headaches, irritable bowel syndrome and fibromyalgia)
Antiviral medications like acyclovir and penciclovir are only active against herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV-1), herpes simplex virus-2 (HSV-2) and Varicella-zoster virus (VZV, HHV-3). These medications are not effective against Epstein-Barr virus (EBV, HHV-4), Cytomegalovirus (CMV, HHV-5) or herpesvirus type 6 (HBLV, HHV-6). And they are only active once a virus has reactivated or there is an outbreak. Antivirals have no effect on the inflammation caused by a latent herpes virus and cannot prevent the latent virus from reactivating.
POIS clusters: 1,3,4,5,7
POIS criteria: 1,2,3,4,5
2 stacks that give me complete relief of POIS symptoms are listed here: POIS cure: theory & supplement stack
Find medical test: https://www.findlabtest.com/

Nas

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2018, 09:41:27 PM »
Again, I wish if I can just know if I have that in the first place. Is there a particular test that can be tested for this virus?

Nas

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2018, 10:02:10 PM »
And ok, let's say I should forget about trying to cure the virus. What do you suggest moving forward? If ture this is really not good news :/

aswinpras06

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2018, 11:45:22 PM »
Hi Nas

Please don't worry if acyclovir has not worked for you.  It means your pois is not caused by a latent virus or is caused by a virus not responding to acyclovir, as correctly mentioned by Nanna1.

I tried azithromycin because, usually I take it for my acute sinus infections.  As far as antibiotic resistance developing, it is usually caused if you did not take the full course.   Also I never use it frequently, only once or twice a year as per my ENT doctor prescription.

And most importantly even if the acyclovir has worked for me, it is not a permanent solution.  One cannot take antivirals for pois  long term for the rest of his life.

So don't feel dejected.  We all can try and can get some useful cure by sharing our findings.

Nas

« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2018, 06:29:16 PM »
Hi Nas

Please don't worry if acyclovir has not worked for you.  It means your pois is not caused by a latent virus or is caused by a virus not responding to acyclovir, as correctly mentioned by Nanna1.

I tried azithromycin because, usually I take it for my acute sinus infections.  As far as antibiotic resistance developing, it is usually caused if you did not take the full course.   Also I never use it frequently, only once or twice a year as per my ENT doctor prescription.

And most importantly even if the acyclovir has worked for me, it is not a permanent solution.  One cannot take antivirals for pois  long term for the rest of his life.

So don't feel dejected.  We all can try and can get some useful cure by sharing our findings.

While it is a bummer, I wasn't planning on curing the viral infection in the first place, so nothing really changed in my plan really. Currently I'm looking into treating my brain inflammation being my most destructive symptom.
I'm starting by looking into professional help, if that didn't work out I'll be looking into supplemental treatment perhaps.
Anyways I'll try to keep my self motivated to find cure. I've tried mant things but I'm still trying.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: [UPDATED:Last update May, 23rd.] Antivirals.
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2020, 11:59:19 AM »
"Synergism has also been reported between flavonoids and other antiviral agents. Quercetin, for example, potentiates the effects of 5-ethyl-2′-dioxyuridine [11] and acyclovir [53] against HSV and pseudorabies infection. Apigenin also enhances the antiviral activity of acyclovir against these viruses [53]."

Antimicrobial activity of flavonoids

Flavonoids: promising natural compounds against viral infections
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 12:14:03 PM by Muon »