Author Topic: Naltrexone - any successful or failed attempts?  (Read 4749 times)

Michael218

Naltrexone - any successful or failed attempts?
« on: February 19, 2018, 12:13:09 AM »
Anybody had any luck with Naltrexone?
Side effects? Experiences? What kind of POIS did you have - brain fog/cognitive/concentration?

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: Naltrexone - any successful or failed attempts?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 10:21:45 AM »
I guess naltrexone hasn't been tested thoroughly by poisers. I would like to have some members sharing their experience with naltrexone.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TLR4#Drugs_targeting_TLR4

kingfisher

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 03:48:12 AM »
Muon, not sure if you missed this thread on LDN -

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2540.0

I am aware of one more POISer having reported that LDN significantly reduced all his symptoms.
Note it is not available in most countries and most doctors will refuse to prescribe it.

LDN has shown promise against auto-immunity due to it's anti-inflammatory effects:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3962576/
https://cvi.asm.org/content/7/5/719.long
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 04:17:51 AM by kingfisher »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 07:03:42 AM »
Yea I missed it, thanks for sharing. He is on TRT as well.
It's available here but only in 50mg tablets. Getting the right dose is tricky.

''I'd have loose stools often. No more. Since taking LDN, all I get are healthy, solid stools that leave little to no wiping & cleaning (lol). This is a huge change. I feel like a teenager again, when I had always healthy gut. ''

Sounds to me like he is surpressing inflammation by blocking TLR4, preventing bacterial products from binding to it.
I can reverse loose stools by being extremely selective with food.

portuguese_poiser

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 10:23:39 AM »
Can we get in touch with Limitbreaker ?

Nas

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 12:38:53 PM »
Unfortunately LDN is not available in many countries. But there is an alternative called Naloxone injection, which is more widely available. 

Hopeoneday

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 01:16:15 PM »
Yeah, i did tryed to get this medicine, but it isnt aproved in my country to.
In the neighbor country it is aproved for drug adicted in 50mg form, but you need doctor prescription.
I tryed inported in 3mg form, directly from factory from web.

limitbreaker did promised that he will give fedback but who knows
where he is...
Dr-pois.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2019, 11:52:25 PM »
Can we get in touch with Limitbreaker ?
A moderator can do that. Tell us what you wish to ask him. Thanks.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Jacob

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2019, 04:54:42 AM »
If Naltrexone is not available you could try herbs which inhibit the TLR4 pathway.

This article lists some of them (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5748601/#sec3-vaccines-05-00034title):

Parthenolide (Figure 2) is a known inhibitor of the TLR4/NF-?B pathway [72]. It has been observed in human leukemia monocytic THP-1 cells that the LPS-stimulated production of TNF-?, as well as the production of various interleukins (IL-6, IL-1?, IL-8, IL-12p40, IL-18), were reduced more than 50% by the administrating parthenolide. Moreover, parthenolide was active in reducing levels of TLR4 expression after LPS activation. Similar results were obtained on human keratinocytes [73]

Parthenolide is contained in feverfew a traditional herb used to treat migraine headaches and fever.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 04:59:15 AM by Jacob »
2 day POIS - 6 month experimental phase on fully managing POIS started in June 2019

mxh

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 06:51:47 PM »
Naltrexone is an opioid antagonist. There are other simple options, like chamomile (or apigenin in it). One can contrast this with menthol (as in mint oil), a strong agonist. Chamomile usually helps, however I don't see any point in taking it regularly. It downregulates (kappa) opioid activity both in antagonism and afterwards, however at some point it just acts as a depressant with no additional benefit (but possible upregulation thereafter).
Menthol (the agonist) is a very telling contrast.  It gives me some of the most intense POIS - however not before making me slightly euphoric. I have found Chamomile might not be enough afterwards, but when chamomile wears off after an intense menthol session, one still notices that menthol feeling in the head (similar to mentholy cough drops...), and it only goes down after an additional session of extra-high menthol (mint-oil), with some chamomile thereafter.
Bottomline: kappa opioid antagonists work, but don't seem to make sense longterm. Kappa agonists cause intense POIS symptoms.
(If you find thst too confusing, I haven't really said much at all, just confirmed the principles of antagonism and agonism, with antagonism being more beneficial or what one wants.)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 07:04:33 PM by mxh »

Nas

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2019, 10:28:03 AM »
Hey guys, I'm thinking of trying Naltrexone, I found that it is available in Turkey. Do you guys think it's worth it? The medication itself is expensive so for an experiment it's going to be an expensive one.
I have two reasons for trying Naltrexone:
1- The Chinese study on POIS did suggest that a hypothetical opioid withdrawal could be related to POIS.
2- Smoking causes me POIS; one of the effects of Nicotine is its activity on the opioid receptors in the brain, so perhaps these is a connection between the two.

I've also contacted Dr. Shaukmen who prescribed to me this medication. However prescribing this drug to his patients is kind of his thing. So I don't trust him 100%.

What do you guys think?

OpiesDad

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2020, 12:31:35 AM »
I am getting an LDN prescription and giving it a go. I am trying it because folks w Mast Cell Activation Syndrome also seem to think it stabilizes their symptoms.

OpiesDad

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2020, 02:35:06 PM »
Tried naltrexone (LDN - 4.5 mg split in half, once daily) for two weeks and it actually increased my brain fog and other POIS-like symptoms and this weeks removed from last orgasm.  Very similar reaction to when I tried provigil for a period. It's a no go for me, sadly.

abdul

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2020, 12:17:15 PM »
Opesdad

Continue for a month or so . You might need long period of time to see the results .

Thanks for your feedback