Author Topic: Hot flushes  (Read 10832 times)

Vandemolen

Hot flushes
« on: February 13, 2018, 04:32:52 PM »
Does anyone else gets hot flushes? My immune system is screwed because of cbd oil (I used too much). Since a few years I get hot flushes. If someone else gets them too then we know that POIS is an auto immune dissease. I read that men get hot flushes because they getting older and then they have less testosterone. My testo. level is low. And I think a lot of POIS-patients have a low level testo.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: Hot flushes
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 05:18:28 PM »
Flushing is often seen in mast cell activation disorders.

b_jim

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 01:55:11 AM »
Agree.
My hot flashes always come 3-4 hours after ejaculation if I eat sugar.
So testosterone level drop (I think FREE testosterone) after ejaculation is a real and good explanation.
80g of sugar reduce testosterone by 24-25%. It's huge.
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 09:53:54 AM »
Have you guys measured your testosterone levels?

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 10:31:51 AM »

Yes, see below :)
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Vandemolen

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 11:04:03 AM »
Have you guys measured your testosterone levels?
Yes mine was on the edge of the minimum. I think it was 12. The blood test was done on day 1 of POIS.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 03:34:58 PM by Vandemolen »
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

b_jim

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 02:31:30 PM »
After several ejaculations, my bloodtest showed normal total testosterone but low limit free testosterone.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Hopeoneday

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 08:51:12 AM »
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4582226/

How can test is hypogndal sigsn ok? Is this posible at all?
Dr-pois.

Vandemolen

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 02:21:18 AM »
I get more hot flashes now. Beside the low testosterone I think Clomid caused it. I am more than 2 months of Clomid but the hot flashes are still there. I also sweat a lot on my back. And I have insomnia. I thought I have urticaria, but maybe it is the hot flashes. The only thing is that my symptoms get worse after a warm shower. So that is why I thought about urticaria. I wonder if there is a different solution beside TRT.

Vandemolen

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 08:55:30 AM »
I get more hot flashes now. Beside the low testosterone I think Clomid caused it. I am more than 2 months of Clomid but the hot flashes are still there. I also sweat a lot on my back. And I have insomnia. I thought I have urticaria, but maybe it is the hot flashes. The only thing is that my symptoms get worse after a warm shower. So that is why I thought about urticaria. I wonder if there is a different solution beside TRT.
I will aks my doctor to give me Dixarit (Clonidine). It helps against hot flushes. Something interesting: it widens the blood vessels, just like Niacin. Maybe it could help against POIS to? I am in a POIS state because of the flushes. After the hot flushes I get cold and have goose bumps. The flushes were first cause by Amitryptiline and later by Clomid.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 01:39:36 PM by Vandemolen »

Vandemolen

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2019, 06:18:17 AM »
I still have a lot of hot flushes and chills. Sometimes I sleep very bad and then next day I am feeling cold. After chronotherapy I can fall asleep very fast, but I wake up because of the hot flushes. I had 2 medicines that I used a lot: cefuroxim and Amitryptiline. Both cause hot flushes and chills. I already stopped with cefuroxim 3 months ago. I will stop with Amitryptiline too, but befause of the possible rebound I will have to stop in a slow way. I also used fluconazole for candida and clomid for raising testosterone. Both medicines also cause hot flushes and chills. Clomid was very bad for hot flushes. I hope when I stop with Amitryptiline the hot flushes will go away. My doctor did not want to give me clonidine. He wanted first to look what it does if I stop Amitryptiline. Taking clonidine would be also a risk because it is used for people with high blood pressure. And my BP is in the low range: 105/80.

b_jim

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2019, 12:59:59 PM »
In my case, hot flashes seems linked to :
- glycemia (mainly)
- dopamine (possible)
- thyroid (possible)
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Vandemolen

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2019, 02:17:11 PM »
My thyroid is in the slow range. Only a thyroid which is working too fast causes hot flushes. Before the 4 months I a sick now I used to have hot flushes hut only for 1 or 2 days. On the first day of POIS I knew I got chills. But I think there was also a hot flush before the chills. In my case beside the medicines it could because of a low level of IgM and low testosterone. And in POIS maybe dopamine plays a role.

mike_sweden

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2019, 02:27:06 PM »
i used to get a lot of them when i was younger, used to jerk of constantly then, idiotic

b_jim

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2019, 03:53:58 PM »
I have the chills quickly after orgasm. I think dopamine must be low at this moment and maybe it affects thyroid because tyrosine might be the missing key to release both, thyroid hormones and dopamine.

After, I have the hot flashes especially 30 minutes after meals rich in carbohydrates. I think high blood glucose might influence dopamine/tyrosine balance in the hypothalamus which is the temperature regulator.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Vandemolen

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2019, 04:07:47 PM »
I have the chills quickly after orgasm. I think dopamine must be low at this moment and maybe it affects thyroid because tyrosine might be the missing key to release both, thyroid hormones and dopamine.

After, I have the hot flashes especially 30 minutes after meals rich in carbohydrates. I think high blood glucose might influence dopamine/tyrosine balance in the hypothalamus which is the temperature regulator.
Do you think L-tyrosine will help against hot flushes? I do not think so because:

Fenylalanine —> tyrosine
Tyrosine —> L-DOPA
L-DOPA —>dopamine
Dopamine —>norepinephrine

Women on a certain age have too much norepinephrine and that might cause hot flushes. It is said that Folic acid brings that down.

I also read that vitamin E and Maca helps against hot flushes. Since a few days I take Maca. Since today I take folate. And I will order vitamin E.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 05:06:18 PM by Vandemolen »

b_jim

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2019, 03:52:10 AM »
I currently take 500mg of L-tyro with my taurine 30 minu before orgasm.
i have the feeling to have no or less restless legs symptoms and no or less cold feeling.
I can't say more for the moment, it's a just a feeling.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Nas

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2019, 08:14:11 AM »
I currently take 500mg of L-tyro with my taurine 30 minu before orgasm.
i have the feeling to have no or less restless legs symptoms and no or less cold feeling.
I can't say more for the moment, it's a just a feeling.
How is L-Tyro for your POID b_jim, is it effective?

Vandemolen

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2019, 09:17:52 AM »
I read that acupuncture can help against hot flushes. I do not know, I am a bit sceptical. I went to a acupuncture practioner before. That was years ago, but then because of POIS. She felf a few point on my body, but she said that my liver energy and kidney’s were ok, so she could not help me. When I googled I saw that some women were helped by acupuncture.

This research says that acupuncture reduced half of the symptoms:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5266651/

Maybe because the release of CGRP, that regulates the body temperature.

I am trying everything to get rid of the hot flushes and the cills. I do not mind the hot flushes, but the chills after that are very bad. I am on Maca and ordered vitamin E. I also am stopping with amitryptiline, which can cause hot flushes, sweating and cills. Do not know what to do else. When I go to sleep I put the heat off. It becomes a bit cold in my house, but when I wake up I feel warm and there is a bit of sweat on my neck. I have a regular pyama, just like before I had these hot flushes.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 09:35:41 AM by Vandemolen »

Vandemolen

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2019, 05:10:43 PM »
Could it be that I am in andropause? I am 41 years old. The sweating started 2 years ago. My testosterone is a bit low 9.6. But I gave blood in the afternoon. They say that at 10 AM the testosterone is the highest. I read that testosterone has to be below 8 for being diagnosed with andropause. And I do not have other andropause symptoms. My erection are good and I can last for hours. And my blood pressure is not high. I am on the low range. But my Triglycerides is too high: 2.4. And I am not depressed.

I searched on the forum on ‘andropause’ and I saw that there is a 17 years old member who said he has andropause like symptoms. And other members also have hot flushes. But I have them without being in POIS and I have a few every day.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 05:16:58 PM by Vandemolen »