Author Topic: Any ideas or expiriences how to find motivation for job/social life?  (Read 6725 times)

Spartak

Hello everyone! Long time no see my brothers in arms   :)

I am 27 and most of the jobs I had were part time jobs, or jobs which require extra worker for few days.
So nothing serious. Over past few years I became very introverted, and I basically have zero friends nowdays.
Rarely I call some old friends and get drunk with them, but that is all. I want to cut this depression and I want to get a job, to become more social again, but I have no idea how.
Job oporunities in my country are pretty bad, salaries are low and no one would have respect for me on job when I say that I have bad day. Plus personal space is not really what many people in my country repsect, I say this because on every former job I had in the past there was a lot of people which I found really hard to handle. Even when not in Pois.
Also my parents give me lessons everyday how I am not that young anymore and how it is time for me to find a job and create a family etc..which does not make things better. Plus I became very afraid of everyhing, especially stray dogs. Which are not that uncommon in my city, and since I don't have a car, I will often meet them. One more thing is that I have idiot neighbor who let agressive dogs out quite often, people usually fight with them, since law is powerless and that man is a complete idiot. But I am too afraid of these dogs. Especially when I am in POIS. And if I decide to go other way I will lose a lot of time, and there a are often stray dogs.
Like I said, I have a wish to change my life for the better, but I have no idea how.
I still haven't found any good solution for my pois, and I expirience bad symthoms after nap or if I sleep in a wrong time, or if I sleep too long. So I have one more enemy beside POIS.

Every suggestion is more then welcome!
Thanks!
Spartak
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 12:06:44 AM by Spartak »
no sugar diet helps me a tiny bit, also makes my mind much calmer in general. Sugar is definitely something my body does not handle well. Also I noticed that other inflammations like a hangover are better since I quit sugar. I avoid sweet fruits as well.

Meshal

Re: Any ideas or expiriences how to find motivation for job/social life?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 12:47:38 AM »
Hey there.

I don't know about your country, but try to find any obligation that keep you very busy for a long period of time, try to find an obligation as you would be assassinated If you couldn't find it. (well you are actually half dead during POIS  ;D)  I think something will change. and frankly, I'm in no position to even give you an advice, since It's been only 4 years for me with POIS. but It's just a thought
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 08:43:39 AM by Meshal »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 10:18:18 AM »
Hi Spartak,

About the dogs, you could find a safe dog deterrent, there are some based on sounds or ultrasounds, and others in spray, similar to pepper sprays, and are safe for yourself, and for the dog.   Just carrying it may help you feel safe, and you may not even have to use it.

About jobs, it's not easy if you have not found yet any way to at least lower your symptoms.  If you are able to abstain for long periods, and do not have NE very often, than you could be able to manage.  If you look sick like once every 4 to 8 weeks, that may be accepted, but once a week or twice a month, and you will be rapidly noticed and tagged.   

Other than that, you would have to find a job where you are mainly on your own, like janitor in a store or a building, during afterhours ( they are often left alone, but those jobs are often late in evenings or during the night).  These are not dream jobs, but one thing leads to another.

Another possibility is to be a sale representative, or something similar, or a web worker, working at home, thorugh the internet.  Than, you can organize your own schedule, so that you do not contact clients and meet them, or do your web work, on the days you are in POIS.   You would not become a "5 star seller" or the best web worker in the world, because you will have more days off than normally should, but again, you have to start somewhere.

I hope my suggestions will help you in your reflections.
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Spartak

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 10:34:14 PM »
Thank you Meshal and Quantum!

@Meshal how do you mean obligation?

@Quantum, yea very useful as always! I'll try to find some of these dog deterrent.
I hope it can be found here.

Interesting ideas, in general I don't have release often, so I think I could menage it for some period of time. But I am afraid that having a job might be very depressive in everyday life because I might get too obsessed with fear of possible NE. But in general I think I could menage 1 release or 2 per month and calculate to have weekends for the rest.
It won't be easy for sure, but I can't stand my current situation anymore. And judging by my current experience there is not much of a hope that any relief method will work for me. It seems that only solution for me is to find root of the problem or to simply wait and hope that future POIS studies might bring something useful.

Online work is probably mission impossible from my country, but I would like to do such a job.
sale representatives work under pressure and like slaves here, plus  everyone hates them. It is also not paid well and you have to work every day. So I am not sure if it's POIS friendly job here. But maybe I didn't understand well what extent Sally representative is.(not a native English speaker)
Late work like janitor or work in a shifts is not possible because of my sleep problems which cause me symptoms not so much worse then POIS.
I am motivated, but sometimes it looks like everything is against me and there is no way out.  :-X

Best regards,
Spartak
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 11:13:15 PM by Spartak »
no sugar diet helps me a tiny bit, also makes my mind much calmer in general. Sugar is definitely something my body does not handle well. Also I noticed that other inflammations like a hangover are better since I quit sugar. I avoid sweet fruits as well.

b_jim

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 03:32:47 AM »
The best idea I could give is to create your own business, your own activity. Start with few money, be modest and defensive and make the baby growing only if you feel it.
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Spartak

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 12:01:04 PM »
Thanks, that is not bad idea!
Do you have any creative idea maybe?

Btw. What is your opinion guys, is programming worth of learning for a future job?
It is paid well here, but I'm  not sure if it's job suitable  for POISer.
And I apologize if my previous posts sounded negative and not supportive toward other POISers.
I still hope that I wil discover relief methods which works for me, just after so many fails I get upset a bit.

b_jim

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 03:17:06 PM »
Working on a computer could be a good idea because when you are in Pois you don't need too much physical energy.
But be careful. I think too much computer is not good for concentration, anxiety and social phobia.
You need to have a secondary acitivity (sport, music, gardening... ) to eliminate stress.
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Spartak

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 03:26:53 PM »
Yes, that makes perfect sense.
In terms of energy 2nd day is way worse then 1st in my case.

Just to say, thank yoi guys again!
I will def. think a lot about it.
Private business is def. great, but it's hard to find idea what is good to do and money for the start.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 03:30:17 PM by Spartak »

emirnazim

• Science will be the only cure for every disorder .
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 06:07:23 AM »
Hello dear SPARTAK

i read briefly your post . and i found that we have  some common symptoms . i too have had such bad feeling after special time sleepings.
I too experience bad symptoms after nap or if I sleep in a wrong time. i have pois symptoms too . but from my personal experiences i can say that befor i get POIS i had this sleeping problems and bad feeling after sleeping and i can say that after getting some psychiatric medication such as antidepression tablets these symptoms went off .for me near 90 percent went off. i suggest you visit a psychiatrist doctor (if you have not gone any doctor yet )

symptoms:extreme faique-over sleeping-High Blood Pressure-extreme irritability esp day two of O-poor memory and concentration-slow in(going-eating-reaction-driving-task doing)-week muscle-Mood changing-feel better in second O-high saliva-tired and asthma after heavy action or taking hot shower

lexenluis

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2018, 04:05:22 AM »
Working on a computer could be a good idea because when you are in Pois you don't need too much physical energy.
But be careful. I think too much computer is not good for concentration, anxiety and social phobia.
You need to have a secondary acitivity (sport, music, gardening... ) to eliminate stress.
Yes that's right too much concentration on work is bad"Anavar"
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 04:08:21 AM by lexenluis »

Spartak

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2018, 09:08:11 PM »
Hello guys,  and thank you everyone!

I just wanted to say that I won against above mentioned depression? I am curently doing hard labour works.
It is not poisndly,  but I avoid O as much as possible,  and looking forward to save some money in the next one years to see what else I can do,  or to enroll the college maybe.
When I am not in POIS,  I am trying to ignore POIS 100% and to enjoy life! Hard work seems to lower my symptoms anyway.
Still looking for propper treatment,  but not much to update, except that some fat burner I am curently using,  might have some possitive effect? jet to see.

Emirnazim that is very i teresting,  I am sure that has to be someone with similar problem.
I find metatonin spay as helpful..at least I corected sleepimg pattern,  but also I somethimes nap and don't have problems, or are  minor or at least masked. Haven't tried any medicine,  but I might visit psychriatist in future.

Didi

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2022, 08:18:42 PM »
I am the girlfriend of a Poiser.

I see my boy has some struggle with job and hobbies too
He is designer but he does not like it very much. He is freelancer.
He loves yoga, running and dancing and sometimes gym.

I suggest you to try meditation or some other hobby to couple with axiety.
Meditation is very very good for all.
I once read that it can be atreatment for depression because of the neurotransmisors that are realesed but you have to be very constant and try to do ot fore a progeresively increaing amoun of time.
Yo can see the results for the fist time you meditate wheb yo are able to calm the mind.
But there are more more benefits when you are constant.
Other thing is that you work on something you really like. Explore your  I know sometimes is not easy (my boyfriend has not been able to certify as a yoga teacher since he had to stop yoga classes and could not pay the certification, but maybe soon as he is going to sell some things).

I hope you have found a solution for you