Author Topic: Duration of stimulation prior to orgasm  (Read 4129 times)

Tubber

Duration of stimulation prior to orgasm
« on: February 05, 2018, 01:54:24 PM »
My experience is that an hour of sexual stimulation prior to an orgasm leads to a dramatic reduction in the pois symptoms afterwards.  I have no theories as to why this may work but if you are a sufferer it may be worth a try.  Please comment if this is your experience too.

This observation may have been raised elsewhere on the site but I don't see it in this list of possible treatments.

Quantum

• Administrator
Re: Duration of stimulation prior to orgasm
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 07:48:32 PM »
Hi Tubber,

For me, it makes no difference, unfortunately.

Would you link this to the intensity of the orgasm, or not?   Some members have less symptoms when O is more intense.  And, like with many things POIS-related, others have the exact opposite results.
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Vandemolen

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 07:57:12 PM »
For me: my POIS gets worse when the sexual activity before the O. takes more time. Because of my prostitis I am only once a month sexually active. So that’s why I delay the O. Which is not good for my POIS.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Rare

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 10:04:42 AM »
Hi Tubber,

you're absolutely right about that. I notice this a long time ago.
I ve even recommended  in a previous Post that  in order to reduce  POIS severity  "Try to have a maximum sexual sensation before ejaculation"
In my case more ejaculation is quick more POIS is sever.

Regards,

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 12:19:44 PM »
I've got the opposite experience: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2579.0

However an intense orgasm will reduce the intensity of POIS symptoms somewhat. What is even more odd is that orgasm can temporarily decrease the symptoms from stimulation. So you start out with stimulation and develop symptoms, thereafter you get an intense orgasm which is able to decrease these symptoms a bit while building up new and stronger symptoms. So basically you can have 2 symptom peaks, I should draw a graph sometime to make it more clear.

So if you ask me what I think, is that orgasm may also release a substance which counteracts POIS. The 24h ejaculation symptom build up I think is due to the half-life of this substance which is diminishing over time and the surpression gets weaker---> dampening effect or sense of build up.

nanna1

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 03:30:34 AM »
Muon, could the mystery substance you are referring to be beta-endorphin? beta-endorphin is released at orgasm and it stimulates the opioid receptors. So it is a pain reliever, but it also elevates neurotransmitters like dopamine and adrenaline (antidepressant high). This effect may decrease the perception of symptoms (pain, anxiety) immediately following orgasm. I'm just offering a hypothesis.
POIS clusters: 1,3,4,5,7
POIS criteria: 1,2,3,4,5
2 stacks that give me complete relief of POIS symptoms are listed here: POIS cure: theory & supplement stack
Find medical test: https://www.findlabtest.com/

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 12:18:48 PM »
I don't know. I told this once to my Doctor who did the desenz and he was also thinking of endorphins and/or catecholamines.

There are other peculiarities. When POTS symptoms became extreme during the summer of 2013 it felt like my blood circulation came to a halt, like the viscosity of blood was increased or something (quite a ridiculous statement but that was the idea that popped into my head when those symptoms popped up). I discovered that I could counter it (the feeling of blood pooling) with intense short bursts of pushing weights like benchpressing or squating (in horizontal position, I could not stand and do this type of exercise). I needed to generate a what body builders call a pump. We are talking about a few reps around 5 of high intensity. It could take an hour after this exercise before the feeling of blood flowing properly to the brain sets in again. During this hour the intensity decrease of POTS symptoms were gradual. I didn't had the body to work out but this was pure desperation mode. Perhaps this had to do with catecholamines as well?

I also used a high dose beta-blocker a few times. This had a similar effect as the method above but the symptoms improved rapidly.  The side effects were nasty, you get the feeling like your hart is under large pressure. I only took these when the feeling of not enough blood flowing to your brain became extreme when posturing up. Again perhaps something is going on with Beta adrenergic receptors or catecholamine levels.

One pois patient once received his first subcutane injection and went into shock, the doc stabilized him with epipens. The patient was completely cured of POIS afterwards. In allergy it is not unknown people are able to recover fully when they come out of this shock. So is this a method to reset the body somehow or was it the epipens that did the job and thus again has something to do with catecholamines.

Perhaps Tubber is releasing something more than others when he is aroused and is building it up to a certain threshold to counter pois symptoms somewhat the longer he is aroused.